Question - How the Order created the artificial bodies? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question How the Order created the artificial bodies?

JDSS

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
How the Order, or the Asian branch in those 90 years of the 2nd exorcist project created the artificial bodies? (If there is an explanation).

NonExisted

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Magic...and Science...?

Silverwolf442

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll go with NE's answer. Like however Cross made Tim. lol

Last edited:

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I always figured that Kanda and Alma were more or less test-tube babies.

I'm more curious as to
how the Order transferred the brains/minds of the deceased exorcists into Kanda and Alma, because that is obviously tied to how souls work, or else past!Alma wouldn't have been able to become Akuma fuel.

JDSS

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I always figured that Kanda and Alma were more or less test-tube babies.

I'm more curious as to
how the Order transferred the brains/minds of the deceased exorcists into Kanda and Alma, because that is obviously tied to how souls work, or else past!Alma wouldn't have been able to become Akuma fuel.
I think that brains go linked with the souls. But its weird she appears as a soul cause she "didnt died" and of course she is in a new body, and its the Akuma one, that is weird. Like with Eliade, the soul when Krory killed Eliade was her (in the anime was so) and that is a mistake (or Elaide has a twin sister).
Or maybe Hoshino trying to make it all did it that way?

Last edited:

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that brains go linked with the souls. But its weird she appears as a soul cause she "didnt died" and of course she is in a new body, and its the Akuma one, that is weird. Like with Eliade, the soul when Krory killed Eliade was her (in the anime was so) and that is a mistake (or Elaide has a twin sister).
Or maybe Hoshino trying to make it all did it that way?
I don't quite remember the deal with Eliade's soul...
In the case of Eshi (the one who attacked Lenalee on the way to Edo) and the Level 3 Allen faced at the Asian branch, both Akuma were aware of the souls inside of them, and who they were (ie: Eshi knew he was made from the soul of a painter) but the Akuma themselves acted separately from the soul inside (the soul inside of the Akuma Allen faced actually called out to Allen to save him). From my understanding, the dark matter that the soul is combined with overrides the soul itself and only uses it as fuel. This make sense in Alma's case too. Past!Alma would be the original soul - the battery, while Alma and his body would be the container and active conscience that was powered up by dark matter (because Alma never actually died, his soul remained trapped in the comatose body and never "passed on"). However, in the end, past!Alma and current!Alma were different "people". Two different souls that had their wires/emotions crossed due to the experiment. So, two different sets of "self" tied by the same memories.

This theory is backed up by
Akuma!Alma calling out to Yuu when he was nearly destroyed (as opposed to calling past!Kanda's name) and because both child!Alma and past!Alma walk away from Kanda when they finally die (as opposed to only past!Alma).

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't it also look like the souls get more and more absorbed by the Akuma when they level up?
In the beginning we see a skeleton-soul and later with the level 3 we saw a black void with eyes...
Damn I really wanted to see what the level 4 soul looked like (sorry Allen).

Back to the artificial bodies:
They might keep the original bodies in a comatose state to keep the brain working?
The original bodies seemed to be kept alive with infusion (there are threads coming from the bodies).

Maybe they transfered the nerve system towards the artificial bodies instead of the original ones with the magic seals.
Or maybe they tricked the brain into a "dreaming state", making the brain think they're dreaming but it's actually controlling the art. bodies?
(I'm just throwing things here)

Last edited:

JDSS

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Doesn't it also look like the souls get more and more absorbed by the Akuma when they level up?
In the beginning we see a skeleton-soul and later with the level 3 we saw a black void with eyes...
Damn I really wanted to see what the level 4 soul looked like (sorry Allen).

Back to the artificial bodies:
They might keep the original bodies in a comatose state to keep the brain working?
The original bodies seemed to be kept alive with infusion (there are dreads coming from the bodies).

Maybe they transfered the nerve system towards the artificial bodies instead of the original ones with the magic seals.
Or maybe they tricked the brain into a "dreaming state", making the brain think they're dreaming but it's actually controlling the art. bodies?
(I'm just throwing things here)
Yes too the original bodies have something to do cause if not they wouldnt be there, cause the Innocence separates from its accomodator's body when they die.

I didnt think they were alive? but it is likely cause they are there for something, what do you mean by ''dreads''? fear? (haha I dont understand fully english.)

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Oh oops, I meant threads (rope like thingies) XD
like here:
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/d_gray_man/c192/27.html

Seemed like an infusion line to me, so I thought they might keep the boy's "alive" so the brain won't die.
There would be no use of the original bodies if they were dead, at least not when you want to use the brain.
Only other thing I can think of is that if the original body really is dead, they use it to trap the soul?

No I re-read it, Road said "Transplating the brain"....
So if they only need the brain and they succesfully transplated it, then why keep the body at all?

JDSS

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yes ok the ropes haha.
I thought they were death but its weird indeed, plus the Innocence, its stuck in front of the body machine that holds them, but Innocence doesnt go with them after they die (less with Alma and Kanda, although they are in different bodies)

Last edited:

Skylent

Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think they make a new body from scratch. Even with the use of magic, that seems quite impossible to replicate the DNA and so forth (which was mentioned as a new science discovery in recent chapters btw).

I think they make a test tube baby with real human DNA .That would explain why Kanda has japanese features while the people from the asian branch are not. The gametes that was used must have come from japanese people. They then use magic as soon as the fertilization happened to continuisly strengthen the future baby and give it special abilities during several years. At some point they must ...switch the brains (it makes me shiver thinking about it xd). Well, I guess they have to somehow shrink the dead exorcist's brain so it can fit in a child's skull.

And then you have to wait until the connection between the brain and the body is made and the whole is functional and wakes up. This must take years as well.