Typesetting - How to create this text effect? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Typesetting How to create this text effect?

Slothzilla

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My group wants me to typeset this. No idea how to get the effect...

Brandan White

Reaction score
Country
Japan
You need to create a pattern then effect pattern overlay it will look like this

Gradonil_Ral

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
If you want to recreate this pattern exactly, or something really close you should read this: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/advanced-redrawing-methodes.2993177/#post-3619713 - Chapter 7 - Layer Masks, Chapter 8 - typical shoujo pattern
If your team has redrawers, ask them to recreate the pattern based on this (I'm guessing it might be difficult for you), then just type the text in whatever color you like and use this text's outline for the layer mask.

Or just go the easy way and do as Brandon suggested. But add a gradient overlay as well - to make it just a bit closer to the original.

Slothzilla

Reaction score
Country
Germany
If you want to recreate this pattern exactly, or something really close you should read this: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/advanced-redrawing-methodes.2993177/#post-3619713 - Chapter 7 - Layer Masks, Chapter 8 - typical shoujo pattern
If your team has redrawers, ask them to recreate the pattern based on this (I'm guessing it might be difficult for you), then just type the text in whatever color you like and use this text's outline for the layer mask.
I'm actually an editor, so cleaning, redrawing and typesetting falls into my lap. I see what I can do with the link you provided, it looks very helpful. If all fails I'm just using Brandan's suggestion + gradient overlay.