Special Move - Howling | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Which Howling we saw in action do you think is the best/strongest?

• Sixth Sense (Yips + Premonition)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Creation (Destruction + Love)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Satelite Perspective (Gigant + AI)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Existence Boundary (???)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I doubt niou can do howling with anyone on the japan team, but who knows if he will get a super upgrade.

Oni and Byoudin seem like they could do howling if oni goes serious. They both trained people (momo tokugawa) with extreme methods and they will win no matter the cost. They also were both the #1

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oni + Byodoin = Demonic Pirate. Skeletal pirate is almost there. But what technique will stem from that? Some more advanced Kijin/Inner Self?

Back with the Niou issue, I just thought of a good point. Niou is the best doubles partner to have as a MSer. Yukimura and Tokugawa have never played doubles match on screen until now. So why shouldn't Niou get Howling one day too? He just needs another trickster for a partner.

Lets play a mini-game. Who else can you think of would be a suitable candidate for Howling with who and why.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Wonder if Atobe and Irie can achieve howling and that's the reason Irie so interested in Atobe.

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think atobe irie can. I think irie just thinks atobe is interesting. I think they have a chance at synchro but not howling.
What about yukimura ochi. Increasing the mental pressure on the opponents while returnig every ball and snatching away their senses.
Or what about akutsu and kite. A super attack style of tennis. Akutsu with his natural body might even be able to use omni shuchihou and kite can use his balance to attack from any direction.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Akutsu and kite don't care about hurting others so they could be like an upgraded devil akaya.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Random question. Do you think World of Ice can be used in doubles? If so, how dangerous would Irie/Atobe be when they combine theirs?

I feel like maybe even Atobe may be able to use Howling with Yukimura. He does have different levels of Insight.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We already know that World of Ice can be used in doubles because Atobe did it against Ochi and Mouri. I don't think it would change anything if two people used it, though, because a single user can already see all blind spots they can perceive with their level of Insight anyway. In other words it would only provide a one-way benefit if both users' level of Insight differed.

Also, I don't recall Yukimura showing any level of Insight before, or anything else that would suggest he and Atobe can produce a Howling together. What are you referring to exactly?

Echizen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
seems like howling is far more superior than synchro.. it wont be surprised if schneider and bertie can use it regularly.. bcuz volk know about howling and said to both yukimura and tokugawa that they still lack of body strength to make it practical.. japan will loss against germany if both pros are playing together in double no matter who are they throwing in

klaus09

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Japan never going to lose against Germany this is sacred to Konomi, while Ryoma plays for japan. For other side I think the double pros have howling and sinchro.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Because Tokugawa has Premonition and Atobe has Insight, would that not be similar to each other enough to create a Howling with Yukimura (Insight + Yips)?
Would Premonition + Insight create a Howling?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not exactly new information, but something I only recently noticed is that, just like Yips, Tokugawa's Premonition is classified in the fan books as not actually being a technique. This means the only Howling we know of is a result of two named moves that aren't actually moves. I wonder if this could actually be true of all Howlings.

Back in Pair Puri 6, Konomi classified techniques along three dimensions: Body, Technique, and Mind, as well as the combination of two or even all three of these areas. There were some examples for each and while the lists were far, far from exhaustive, it's potentially noteworthy that Yips wasn't listed at all. Maybe we could suppose that unlike "proper" moves, these "non-move" moves fall outside this classification.

Why would that be and what are some potential implications? Well, for each of the three categories, it's noted that the respective techniques are created through practice - Body techniques by training your muscles, Technique techniques by polishing your technical skills, and Mind techniques by growing mentally. However, it's not really clear in which way "non-move" moves are created and evolved.

When Konomi described Yips in the Pair Puri 5 Secret Talk, he said that "Yukimura's 'Yips' is not a play style or an ability. Yukimura's strength by itself causes those around him to inadvertently tense up." We've also seen it evolve into the dream version. Tokugawa's 23.5 profile indicates that his Premonition depends on his focus, but he always seems to have it to some degree.

One point that stands out to me here is that when a "proper" move evolves, it gets a new name. For example, Insight becomes World of Ice and eventually Atobe (/Hiyoshi) Kingdom, Habu becomes Giant Habu etc. But even though Yips evolved into the opponent's dreams, it is still called Yips. And even though Tokugawa showed an unusually high level of Premonition, it was still called Premonition. Maybe this trait of being able to improve without evolving into something else is what makes "non-move" moves unique and separates them from "proper" moves.

Keeping these points in mind, I think it's worth looking into other abilities when thinking about what could result in a Howling. To give an example, I'm inclined to move away from Zone and Phantom when thinking about some Howling Tezuka might have with Volk and instead focus on the phantom image he showed against Yamato and Atobe. It seems to be a move of some sort, but it doesn't have a name (yet), so it seems fitting as a "non-move" move right now. We've also seen that it evolved in an instant when his mental state changed, which seems similar to Tokugawa's heightened focus. Finally, it fits with Volk's mindset of outthinking the opponent.

This also makes sense from the other end. When you consider a combination of two "proper" moves, it would most likely be a particular way of hitting the ball or something like that. But, each shot can only be hit by one person when you get down to it. This means that if each player in a doubles pair learned how to combine their "proper" move with their partner's "proper" move, there's no reason why they wouldn't be able to strike the ball that same way in singles as well. As a result, it'd be a new move, but not a Howling, because it could be performed by one person on their own.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Niou and Duke can produce a howling now. So most of us(including me) are wrong about Niou cannot use howling.

Anyway, U still see doubles pro to win.

André Vinícius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Niou and Duke can produce a howling now. So most of us(including me) are wrong about Niou cannot use howling.

Anyway, U still see doubles pro to win.
technically Camus and Duke can produce a Howling

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
technically Camus and Duke can produce a Howling
still, it is niou impersonating. Niou will be the perfect doubles partner for everyone.

Howling requires two players skills to attract each other. And as we all know, Niou doesnt only copy playstyle but also players skills. Niou in doubles is almost a sure win.

In singles, I think he already surpass renjI, and can challenge sanada in rikkaidai. Yuki is still out of his league I think as Niou is not resistant to yips.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So far we have:
Which pair do you think you can partner and have a howling?

MY LIST:

Bertie's Ai + Frankensteiner's Cyborg = Cyborg AI

Atobe's Insight + Irie's Acting = Psychological Drama

What else?

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So far we have:
Which pair do you think you can partner and have a howling?

MY LIST:

Bertie's Ai + Frankensteiner's Cyborg = Cyborg AI

Atobe's Insight + Irie's Acting = Psychological Drama

What else?
Additional:

Inui's Data + Yanagi's Data = Ultimate Data

Akutsu Acrobatic + Kintaro Jungle = Circus

Fuji's Counter + Shiraishi's Bible = Counter Bible

Byodoin's Pirate + Oni's Demon = Demon Pirate

The names can be improved. But you know what I meant 😅😂
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Side Question in the poll?

Which howling we saw in action is the strongest?

Sixth Sense?

Creation?

Satelite Perspective?

Existence Boundary?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Hardy

If I remember correctly,

Sixth Sense kinda see the Future too. Almost the same what is Atobe is doing individually.😮

As for Existence Boundary. We dont know what the hell are the component of it between Bismarck and Siegfried right?

Existence Boundary is the First and only Synchro+Howling technque we saw so far right?

Satelite Perspective. Idk. Its just all Bertie assisted by Dankmar size. Lmao.

Creation, hmmm. Good. But doubles pro still manage to defeat it in their base.

Because Tokugawa has Premonition and Atobe has Insight, would that not be similar to each other enough to create a Howling with Yukimura (Insight + Yips)?
Would Premonition + Insight create a Howling?
LMAO.

Atobe's new powerup insight ALONE is literally the same as Yuki/Toku howling. (Seeing the near future)

Wait. Update, the poll is tied. I wonder what is the strongest howling weve seen.

OFC, theoretically its Volknado. But we never saw it in action in real doubles (Volk and Tezuka)

So, as for what weve seen Sixth Sense and Existence Boundary are the most useful imo

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Additional:

Inui's Data + Yanagi's Data = Ultimate Data

Akutsu Acrobatic + Kintaro Jungle = Circus

Fuji's Counter + Shiraishi's Bible = Counter Bible

Byodoin's Pirate + Oni's Demon = Demon Pirate

The names can be improved. But you know what I meant 😅😂
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Side Question in the poll?

Which howling we saw in action is the strongest?

Sixth Sense?

Creation?

Satelite Perspective?

Existence Boundary?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Hardy

If I remember correctly,

Sixth Sense kinda see the Future too. Almost the same what is Atobe is doing individually.😮

As for Existence Boundary. We dont know what the hell are the component of it between Bismarck and Siegfried right?

Existence Boundary is the First and only Synchro+Howling technque we saw so far right?

Satelite Perspective. Idk. Its just all Bertie assisted by Dankmar size. Lmao.

Creation, hmmm. Good. But doubles pro still manage to defeat it in their base.

LMAO.

Atobe's new powerup insight ALONE is literally the same as Yuki/Toku howling. (Seeing the near future)

Wait. Update, the poll is tied. I wonder what is the strongest howling weve seen.

OFC, theoretically its Volknado. But we never saw it in action in real doubles (Volk and Tezuka)

So, as for what weve seen Sixth Sense and Existence Boundary are the most useful imo
Existence Boundary is not a combo. Their synchro was so strong that it unlocked a Howling.

Satellite perspective works on both players, seemingly. Schneider gets the information, Bertie does some Data Science and shares it back, and now they are aware of any weak spot they have.

Creation may be much stronger if the real Camus uses it, though.

Seeing into the future was never a new thing, Saiki exists. However, this Howling works in doubles whereas Saiki doesnt. Maybe the same applies to Atobe's move (which may just be a mistake in the translation, to be honest, maybe he doesn't have that).

Imo the Ultimate Whirlpools (was that the name?) are the strongest, yeah. Literally kills whoever is on the other side of the court.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Existence Boundary is not a combo. Their synchro was so strong that it unlocked a Howling.

Satellite perspective works on both players, seemingly. Schneider gets the information, Bertie does some Data Science and shares it back, and now they are aware of any weak spot they have.

Creation may be much stronger if the real Camus uses it, though.

Seeing into the future was never a new thing, Saiki exists. However, this Howling works in doubles whereas Saiki doesnt. Maybe the same applies to Atobe's move (which may just be a mistake in the translation, to be honest, maybe he doesn't have that).

Imo the Ultimate Whirlpools (was that the name?) are the strongest, yeah. Literally kills whoever is on the other side of the court.
But howling is a combo right? That is the definition. Two skills attracted to each other that creates an howling. So maybe Bismarck and Siegfried have secret skills that attracts to each other. Idk what could it be though. (Bismarck's Tiebreak Composure and Siegfried's What?😅)

Creation have the weakest showing. But maybe because it is Fake Camus instead of real one.

Isnt it combination of Volk's Whirlpool Shot and Tezuka's Ultimate Zone? Yeah, That is the best so far. Volknado or Infinite Tornado iirc.

(Side Note: Volk is really a monster. Creating an howling alone even if Tezuka is not in his size. Lol)

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
But howling is a combo right? That is the definition. Two skills attracted to each other that creates an howling. So maybe Bismarck and Siegfried have secret skills that attracts to each other. Idk what could it be though. (Bismarck's Tiebreak Composure and Siegfried's What?😅)

Creation have the weakest showing. But maybe because it is Fake Camus instead of real one.

Isnt it combination of Volk's Whirlpool Shot and Tezuka's Ultimate Zone? Yeah, That is the best so far. Volknado or Infinite Tornado iirc.

(Side Note: Volk is really a monster. Creating an howling alone even if Tezuka is not in his size. Lol)
Bismarck and Siegfried got paired together because they are both good at exploiting enemies weaknesses with their high perception. They probably were hoping to unlock a Howling with that but ended up getting something completely different.

Yeah it's the Zone and Whirlpool. Kinda bs that Volk managed to do that just based on experiencing matches with Tezuka, but it opens a bunch of possibilities for these next matches (like, Ohmagari's defensive experience resonating with Tanegashima's Void, or Tokugawa being able to use Sixth Sense on his own).

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Bismarck and Siegfried got paired together because they are both good at exploiting enemies weaknesses with their high perception. They probably were hoping to unlock a Howling with that but ended up getting something completely different.

Yeah it's the Zone and Whirlpool. Kinda bs that Volk managed to do that just based on experiencing matches with Tezuka, but it opens a bunch of possibilities for these next matches (like, Ohmagari's defensive experience resonating with Tanegashima's Void, or Tokugawa being able to use Sixth Sense on his own).
Yup. Only Monster Volk can do that for now. It is amazing for him to know that he can have an howling by just seeing The Circle made by Tezuka Zone

So Two High Perception = Existence Boundary?🤔

Bismarck and Siegfried Exploitation of weakness results into erasing the existence of opposing pair to each other. Interesting.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yup. Only Monster Volk can do that for now. It is amazing for him to know that he can have an howling by just seeing The Circle made by Tezuka Zone

So Two High Perception = Existence Boundary?🤔

Bismarck and Siegfried Exploitation of weakness results into erasing the existence of opposing pair to each other. Interesting.
I think it was more than just seeing it. They trained together for like a month, playing against each other and as a pair.

Nope, Irie says in 327 that it's not a combo but rather all Synchro, which may mean that any Synchro pair can get this Howling, too.