Cuisine - Hungarian cuisine | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Cuisine Hungarian cuisine

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well...finally my post here:yay:yay

If someone is interested in the real recipe, then check this link:http://www.recipegoldmine.com/worldeasteuro/gulyas.html

However...I prefer it my way:kukuku

Gulyas

The main ingredients are love, fresh mountain air, and some drinks for the cook...

After that you take the pot and you clean it first...U can't have a dirty dish can you?

The first thing that needs to be done is adding a tiny bit of oil, because the onion and the garlic needs some color. In the meanwhile...

One must clean the meat...it doesn't really matter what kind of meat...usually it's beef, but I used sausages once and it was quite alright...chop it in small cubes or just leave it on the bone...not the sausage...it's fine either way...

U add this to the onion, garlic mixture and wait until the meat has that lovely brownish color...

Then you add a bit of water and start with basic spices...salt'n peppa...because meat needs to take in some other flavors and boiling water and spices are the best way...

Clean the veggies...anything you like...tomatoes, red pepper, stuff that gives color to the mixture...once these veggies are cooked, basically soft and juicy you can start adding the potatoes

The potatoes(cleaned and cubes) go in last, because they act like a timer...once they're soft, which means they're cooked, it means that gulyas is ready...

Dont' forget::yelling

1. stirring once in a while, but with moderation, because the stuff from the wall of the pot is the best...
2. add spicies after each main addition...meat, veggies and potatoes...there are no restrictions, basically it depends on ones taste, but hungarian stuff are very spicy, so if you want the authentic experience, make sure to add paprika...other than that use spices that you have at you disposal
3. one can add a spoon of flour...it adds consistency to mixture...another way to achieve creamy stuff is to let the water evaporate, and let the potato become creamy...but if you like it with soup-shape, then you should take it off the fire, once the potatoes are ready...
4. Add eros pista to the mixture!
Jo etvagyat!!!!!
:lolo

Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dont' forget::yelling

1. stirring once in a while, but with moderation, because the stuff from the wall of the pot is the best...
2. add spicies after each main addition...meat, veggies and potatoes...there are no restrictions, basically it depends on ones taste, but hungarian stuff are very spicy, so if you want the authentic experience, make sure to add paprika...other than that use spices that you have at you disposal
3. one can add a spoon of flour...it adds consistency to mixture...another way to achieve creamy stuff is to let the water evaporate, and let the potato become creamy...but if you like it with soup-shape, then you should take it off the fire, once the potatoes are ready...
4. Add eros pista to the mixture!
Jo etvagyat!!!!!
:lolo
Was it 4-5 days ago.... well, I saw your post, and I was hungry for Gulyas.I never had Hungarian food in my life, so I was interested. Unfortunately, I didn't have yellow onions, tomatoes, and eros pista that day, so I replaced yellow onions with green onions and tomatoes with .... pesto sauce. What I made was hardly Hungarian, but it tasted good. I hope I can find eros pista somewhere in town. What does eros pista taste like? Is it spicy red pepper paste?

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Eros pista tastes like the lava from the underworld. If you take one spoon of it and put it in your mouth your face will melt.

It tastes like spicy paprika imo. Very, very spicy. :p You just have to take a liiiittle of it when you eat, don't forget that.

We don't have Eros Pista in Sweden so I always stock up when I'm in Hungary. One or two bottles are enough for a year :D

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Blai, you are sooo lucky. I wish I could visit Hungary.

It's so much easier to find super hot Mexican spices than Hungarian for sure in the U.S. I hope I can find Eros pista. The "lava from the underworld" sounds good enough to try it at least once. :amuse It sounds like a jar will last a good whole year for me as well. (I wonder how many jars Bene would consume per year.)

Do you cook Hungarian dishes often?

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Haha, yeah, I use it for everything from Spaghetti bolognese to Paprikas Krümpli.

Hungarian dishes? Hmm, once every second week maybe. There's a lot of dishes that are "internationally unknown" but tastes de-li-ci-ous. :amuse

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha, yeah, I use it for everything from Spaghetti bolognese to Paprikas Krümpli. :amuse
:sasufireI used to add a lot of Tabasco to spaghetti. Quite a few Americans said I was weird. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one putting some hot sauce on spaghetti! (I also like Tabasco on pizza.)