Info/Discussion - Hunter x Hunter Awards 2013 Information Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info/Discussion Hunter x Hunter Awards 2013 Information Thread

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the 2013 Hunter x Hunter Awards! This is a competition where you determine who is the best of the best in the HxHverse!

So, how will this go down?

Nominations:

We will first start with a nomination round. In this round, per category, each member can nominate up to 3 characters/items/etc. Note that all nominations are very important.

To nominate, you can post in the respective thread or direct PMs to me if you don't want them public. Although not necessary, it would be very helpful to post a brief description for your nomination or supporting nomination.

This will take place November 8th to November 15th.

Voting Phase:

After nominations, and a few days to count and prepare everything, we will hold a voting phase, where the victor will win the award. To do this, we will implement a 'Hurt and Heal' system. Let me explain.

This is like an upvote (heal) and a downvote (hurt). When you vote in the first round, you can 'heal' 3 nominees per category, and 'hurt' one nominee per category. Each 'heal' counts for +20 points and each 'hurt' counts for -10 points. And yes, it is possible that at the end of the voting phase, some nominees will have negative points. The one with the greatest number of positive points will win.

To do this, you must send a PM to Hunter Association Chairman to indicate who you are hurting and healing.

There are couple rules regarding this process that must be followed:

• You must use all of your points when you vote (i.e. you can't 'hurt' or 'heal' a nominee, and then wait the last day to use all of them--you have to use all three points when you do your voting)
  • You cannot use any unused points in one category towards any other category.

If this is unclear in any way, feel free to PM me with questions or post in this thread.

This round will end November 27th.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category Information:

The categories will be separated into 3 general topics: Characters, Manga Only, and Anime Only.

Characters:

• Best Female Character
  • Best Male Character
  • Best Supporting Character
  • Most Controversial Character
  • Most Underrated Character
  • Most Overrated Character
  • Best Character Debut
  • Best Character Design
  • Best Ant
  • Best Hatsu

Manga Only:

• Best Artistic Piece
  • Best Death
  • Best Quote/Line
  • Best Arc
  • Best Fight
  • Best Villain

Anime Only:

• Best OST Track
  • Best Episode
  • Best Scene
  • Best Voice Actor/Actress
  • Best Animated Fight

Please refer to each category's thread to find out more information.

Important Note: We ask that when nominating, do not post manga spoilers in the anime-only category threads. Also, the manga-only category threads will have spoilers in them, so for those who are not familiar with the manga, tread with caution. The character category threads are for both manga and anime, so to respect those who haven't read the manga, we ask that you use spoiler tags when mentioning events that haven't yet occurred in the anime.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Information:

Any general questions can be asked by sending a PM to benelori, naruto-niichan, or myself, or can be asked in this thread.

Please refrain from spamming or that in the category threads.

Bashing, flaming, any rude remarks, or basically anything that clearly violates the Forum Rules is strictly prohibited. Anyone in violation of these will be disallowed from joining the event.

:confettiWithout further ado, have fun and enjoy the awards!:confetti

Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The character category threads are for both manga and anime, so to respect those who haven't read the manga, we ask that you use spoiler tags when mentioning events that haven't yet occurred in the anime.
But even if we use spoiler tags in the character category threads, won't they be revealed once they make it to the voting round?

Edit: Or is the purpose of this rule to keep the revelation of post-anime events/characters to a minimum?

Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
At the moment we won't be doing formal polls, but instead implementing a different system described in the post. So in that case, spoilers shouldn't be an issue as anime-only viewers can vote for characters that have been introduced in the anime only. This isn't an issue since most of the characters mentioned for these categories have been shown already in the anime.

In the event that we do a polling round, which is a possibility, there is a way to link to a post with the spoiler in it, so as not to spoil anyone who's either not up to date with the manga or an anime-only viewer.

---------- Post added November 15, 2013 at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was November 10, 2013 at 04:08 PM ----------

Attention participants:

The threads for nominations will close at 12AM CST (GMT-6). I will make an announcement for the voting process at that time.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

I had a long day and want to sleep. I'm closing the threads now, but I'm still accepting PM nominations until the official closing time.

But I don't think there will be a last minute rush for nominations or anything. :p

Threads will be closed and updated by this Monday for the voting. I will give an update on that. Thank you for all your participation so far! :)

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Damn, I was missing. I wanted to vote too:(.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not feeling that well tonight. Voting will start tomorrow. Sorry guys!

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Your well-being comes first. No need to rush things. Get well soon!

But... you could also ask that avatar of yours to heal you. :hurr

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Attention Everyone:

The voting round has now started. The first post in each category thread should have a list of nominees and the rules for voting. PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE VOTING BECAUSE WE ARE NOT DOING POLLS. All nominations are eligible for voting. I will do a first round where half of the nominees will make it through, and then after the holidays, I will do a second voting round until the victor is chosen!

At this time I will open the threads up. Questions can be PMed to me or asked here.

Voting Template

Category: Best Male Character

Heal: Hisoka, Killua, Gon
Hurt: Kurapika

:confetti ~Happy Voting!~ :confetti

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

The voting rules are as follows:

Voting Phase:

After nominations, and a few days to count and prepare everything, we will hold a voting phase, where the victor will win the award. To do this, we will implement a 'Hurt and Heal' system. Let me explain.

This is like an upvote (heal) and a downvote (hurt). When you vote in the first round, you can 'heal' 3 nominees per category, and 'hurt' one nominee per category. Each 'heal' counts for +20 points and each 'hurt' counts for -10 points. And yes, it is possible that at the end of the voting phase, some nominees will have negative points. The nominees with the greatest number of points will move on to the next round, equal to about half of the nominees.

To do this, you must send a PM to Hunter Association Chairman to indicate who you are hurting and healing.

There are couple rules regarding this process that must be followed:

• You must use all of your points when you vote (i.e. you can't 'hurt' or 'heal' a nominee, and then wait the last day to use all of them--you have to use all three points when you do your voting)
  • You cannot use any unused points in one category towards any other category. One upvote and one downvote per category is the limit.

If this is unclear in any way, feel free to PM me with questions or post in this thread.

This round will end November 27th.

Last edited:

The Invertroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do we send all our votes in one PM, or do we send them out in separate PM's, one for each category?

Also, I don't think the entire Phantom Troupe should be considered a valid nomination in the "Most Controversial Character" award. The Phantom Troupe isn't a single character.

Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You can do either--whichever one you feel is easier.

I will eliminate that option. Anyone who voted for that already can send me a quick PM with the change. Sorry about that!

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Why not just a Poll Thread for every Category?

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wanted to switch it up a little bit and do something different. :p

But if response is bad for this method, I may change it to a polls for the final round (which is actually sounding more appealing at this point without an automatic upvote/downvote plug-in). This is also a trial and error process, and I didn't realize it would take this much work.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I actually prefer this heal und hurt system more than simply voting. It's more fun and exciting, since there is a (little) strategic aspect behind it.

However, it's reasonable why staffs and/or users would prefer the usual voting system, since the heal and hurt system is much more work. Not only for the staff, but also for the users. When I wrote the PM with my heal and hurt votes, I wanted to stop at some point and continue another day. Of course it's not comparable to the amount of effort the staff has to make, but I think you get my point.

A possible option would be to let the users vote about the voting system for an upcoming event, of course provided that the staff member(s) agree to do the extra effort in case the more complex voting system is chosen.

Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
So there wasn't as much participation as I would've liked for the first voting round. So I'll tally up what I have now and do a polling system for the final round. Things have been a bit hectic in life lately, so this may take another day yet. Sorry!

---------- Post added December 04, 2013 at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was December 01, 2013 at 04:13 PM ----------

voting ends a week from now! You can vote up to 3 options. The top half will go onto the final round!

Reactions: syx

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
There is no more H&H system?

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nope! 3 votes per category, and the top half will move onto the final round where a winner will be crowned. Participation was too poor for the H&H system to work efficiently. :(

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Most Controversial Characters results are not hidden.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry about that. I can't change the polls, but it shouldn't be a big deal. >_<

Michalv

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Can we still vote? I see the date already passed... ;A;

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been busier lately and haven't had time to count up the votes. I'll get things counted up tomorrow and announce in here, and in the hangout thread, a call for final round voting. Sorry guys. x_X Holidays and everything....

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Is the event still going? You didn't pull a Uriel on us, did you kindred?