Hangout - Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02] | Page 113 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Hunter x Hunter Hangout Thread [02]

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I get that togashi has a vision but it feels like if he anticipates 90% of the fanbase won't be satisfied then it's not a good ending? I kinda hope gon does get his nen back at some point though it doesn't seem like Hxh will go on enough for that to be a factor in the story.

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I get that togashi has a vision but it feels like if he anticipates 90% of the fanbase won't be satisfied then it's not a good ending? I kinda hope gon does get his nen back at some point though it doesn't seem like Hxh will go on enough for that to be a factor in the story.
That doesn't mean it's not a good one. If it's a bittersweet ending you'll probably have 50% of the fanbase complaining on why it isn't a happy ending.
I'm pretty sure with "90% satisfaction" he means it's a risky ending (by the standards of storytelling) that he envisioned. Just like how we didn't get a big shonen battle between gon and meruem and that was an amazing ending to the arc.
Satisfaction ≠ Quality

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I doubt there is a single bad ending. Even the D one isn't bad. It's just pretty basic. And what happened in between would matter more.

Are A, B and C good endings? I think so. Is C necessarily the best ending just because it's Togashi's favorite? I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Hisoka VS Chrollo's conclusion was pretty good to me, but the conclusion is also controversial in the fandom. There were other variables he considered like Hisoka killing Machi, and the fact that Hisoka didn't use Texture Surprise was rather strange IMO, but it was still an excellent fight.

We'll never know what the details about all three anyway. I just hope he'll manage to end it. And wether he picks A, B,C or even E or F since he has more time, that his ending will satisfy me the most.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Wait, are the summaries of a, b and c anywhere? I just found the comments on the D ending.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Reading this makes me more curious about Gon's character development. I can't imagine the current Gon leaving his family for adventures.

We won't see him for a while but I am curious to know what he'll want to hunt once he has spent enough time reflecting on Whale Island.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Im curious too, in his state he cant do much, maybe he wont return at all as a hunter, but with another role or maybe he will recover nen somehow over years. which I woulnt like it, tbh it would contradict the outcome of his fight with Pitou. or maybe he will get a new ability ?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Gon can use Nen again, but his Aura Nodes are closed. He is just like a normal person because his state got reset.

I think he'll relearn to use Nen, but the slow way this time. He can call Wing and Biscuit for advice if he needs some.

As for new ability, it's up to Togashi.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Gon can use Nen again, but his Aura Nodes are closed. He is just like a normal person because his state got reset.

I think he'll relearn to use Nen, but the slow way this time. He can call Wing and Biscuit for advice if he needs some.

As for new ability, it's up to Togashi.
Yeah i wish it would be slow, also I hope he won't change. I appreciate that Togashi made him an ambigous MC and I want him to stay that way.
Bisky is on her way to New continent She cant mentor him for now, maybe wing, and Id like to see him again and I believe we will see him, and zushi again.

btw :zomg

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
"

9. Are there any manga you have found interesting recently?

If we define “recently” as something published in 2023, there’s a work that made me think, “As expected, it’s amazing...!!” However, I’m hesitant to give the name of the series since I would get criticized from various sides if I recommended it to Yumiko-san, even indirectly. But to defend the honor of that series, I’ll say I was amazed by its overwhelming depiction of a true story, impressed by its strength in portraying weaknesses without glossing over them, and moved to tears of gratitude at the characters’ resolve
."

I'm trying to figure what's the recent manga he is alluding to. I assume it's something either controversial or something that has mixed reception/criticism if he's hesitant to name it.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

6. What Greed Island cards would you like to use?

When my serialization and breastfeeding times overlapped, my wife would freeze the milk in advance, and I would feed the baby while she slept. Since I was still in my 30s, I was able to get through it with all-nighters and naps. The time I spent feeding the baby was so peaceful, and I enjoyed holding them so much that I could naturally tell what they were asking for by their different cries. On the other hand, I struggled with the dilemma of having a weekly serialization and the physical constraints that came along with it.

Since the arc was based on that experience, I definitely wanted to have “Panda Maid” when I was in work mode at the time. Currently, I go back and forth between “Angel's Breath” and “Sleeping Girl” depending on my health.

😭😭😭

lulukaruins

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
All the questions are good, but I wish there were one or two questions about Kurapika as well. Personally I love the question regarding Meruem, since I don't think Togashi ever done an interview or been asked about CA in general at all (cmiiw). And I wonder what kind of questions Han Megumi would ask if she got the chance instead, because I believe she's a bigger fan than this Seki girl. She even memorized Hunter's 'moji' just fine.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
This is a great video from an art perspective of the manga.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Anyone here watched the YYH Live Action series? If yes, how did you find it?

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone here watched the YYH Live Action series? If yes, how did you find it?
I have not seen it but if anyone is interested there is a review of the live action YYH series by youtuber RealLifeRyan
who is a fan of both Hunter x Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho. The review seems to go into each episode. It's 46 minutes
long so if you're looking for a really brief answer then I understand but if you are like me and you like to listen to a video
while you draw comics or whatever and you don't really care if you get spoiled then it may be worth checking out.

Also if you are a horror fan and you want to hear someone rant on hours about either the Halloween franchise or the Evil Dead franchise
then RealLifeRyan may be the channel for you. Also he does livestreams like once a week if that interests you.

I am not sponsored by RealLifeRyan I just he has a good casual anime fan channel.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Very curious about the game design. Is it going to be an actual 2D fighting game or something like Naruto UNS, Jump Force etc?

My imagination could be lacking, but many rather prominent characters don't have enough fighting scenes for a satisfying movesets IMO:
  • Kurapika, unless you ignore his conditions, which will likely be the case in a fighting game.
  • Leorio, only shown his Hatsu recently.
  • Many Spiders and Zoldycks(among the Zoldycks, perhaps only Zeno has shown enough, disregarding Killua of course).

There is a lot to do with even some characters who have only been in relevant in the CA arc though.

EDIT: Since it's Eighting I guess it'll be a 2D fighting game.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
If this HxH fighting game doesn't have

then can it REALLY be called an HxH fighting game?

People who think Leorio "can't fight" seem to forget that
Leorio grew up in the slums of Brazil with Monkey D Luffy.
The man can throw hands. He's just slow at learning nen.

Also the panel technically says flick (as in flicking open the knife).
But I choose to believe it's Hisoka speaking off panel
realizing he just messed with the wrong doctor with a PhD

FOR PAIN!

Something interesting that someone found..
apparently in the 2011 series Leorio and Binolt come from the same slum

Am I the only one who wants a Leorio flashback mini arc?