Art - Hunter x Hunter Volume Covers | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Art Hunter x Hunter Volume Covers

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Just me, or the volume cover seems more darker compared to cover page. Did he recolor it with differetnt tone?

Oh well, it's fitting with the content.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

sooooo much better :verily
You're right ! Not only the color tone got more pronounced and smooth, but some faces where slightly retouched, like Oito (she looks gorgeous ^^). Now that I tink about it, she's the first "normal" female to ever appear on a cover ^^ (there was Palm, but she's not really normal).

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Not sure if this should be here or hangout thread but I read this excerpt from vol 34 and wanted to share, Shal and Kortopi getting killed wasn't decided from onset, fml. Kortopi I don't have many thoughts on him but I liked Shalnark smh. Also I could be reading this wrong but is it basically confirmed from this that Hisoka is stronger post-mortem than pre-resurrection? If so wow, rematch when..

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Not sure if this should be here or hangout thread but I read this excerpt from vol 34 and wanted to share, Shal and Kortopi getting killed wasn't decided from onset, fml. Kortopi I don't have many thoughts on him but I liked Shalnark smh. Also I could be reading this wrong but is it basically confirmed from this that Hisoka is stronger post-mortem than pre-resurrection? If so wow, rematch when..
He is not saying that Hisoka got stronger. He is saying that killing them was part of his strategy when he came back to life. Because Chrollo used them for his plan.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
He is not saying that Hisoka got stronger. He is saying that killing them was part of his strategy when he came back to life. Because Chrollo used them for his plan.
Thanks but can you explain to me what Togashi meant by saying "he killed those two for his own post-mortem analysis on his performance in the fight"? If Hisoka was sizing his self up post-mortem (because of the nen rules that have been established "nen becomes stronger after death") it would make incredible sense if he was physically stronger than pre-resurrection which is why I interpreted he was stronger from this excerpt.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Thanks but can you explain to me what Togashi meant by saying "he killed those two for his own post-mortem analysis on his performance in the fight"? If Hisoka was sizing his self up post-mortem (because of the nen rules that have been established "nen becomes stronger after death") it would make incredible sense if he was physically stronger than pre-resurrection which is why I interpreted he was stronger from this excerpt.
That's what I said. Hisoka was not sizing himself up, if he wanted to do something like that he would have fought them differently in the first place. After coming back to life he realized that fighting Chrollo under his conditions was too much(which is his post-mortem analysis) and since Chrollo had used Sharlnark and Kortopi's abilities, he killed them to reduce the number of abilities Chrollo could use. And also because he is planning to kill all the Spiders(which counts as revenge).

Vizard

Reaction score
Country
Genosha
Tribute to 50th Anniversary of Weekly Shounen Jump.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Vol 36 Cover:

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Miss Pikachu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Not that anyone cares, but the best volume covers of all time are 28 and 34 ♡

ShijimaTheSilentMan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
it is possible to find the cover of each Volume clean without Jump logo, manga name and other things?

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just curious what do you all think are the
WORST HxH volume covers?

Please note this is NOT meant to bash
Togashi’s art which is of course awesome.

It’s more of a preference thing.

For me I’m not the biggest fan of the cover art for Volume 9.
The composition just doesn’t work well imho

Chrollo looks kinda dull and just doesn’t feel
Chrollo like to me.

I hate the faded Hunter x Hunter logo in the
background. It’s just distracting.

I really like Gon, Killua, Leorio and Kurapika
as a group dynamic but here it feels forced.

Individually the drawings of each character look fine but together it feels a bit much.

all in all it just feels cheesy

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just curious what do you all think are the
WORST HxH volume covers?

Please note this is NOT meant to bash
Togashi’s art which is of course awesome.

It’s more of a preference thing.

For me I’m not the biggest fan of the cover art for Volume 9.
The composition just doesn’t work well imho

Chrollo looks kinda dull and just doesn’t feel
Chrollo like to me.

I hate the faded Hunter x Hunter logo in the
background. It’s just distracting.

I really like Gon, Killua, Leorio and Kurapika
as a group dynamic but here it feels forced.

Individually the drawings of each character look fine but together it feels a bit much.

all in all it just feels cheesy
I like them all but I'd say the ones I like the least are 12th and 6th(because the dog looks too goofy).