Voting Round 4 - Hunter x Hunter vs. Nanatsu no Taizai | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 4 Hunter x Hunter vs. Nanatsu no Taizai

Who wins?

• Hunter x Hunter

• Nanatsu no Taizai

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Heh, I am not really a fan of Elizabeth myself though recently she has become more likable with the reveals and stuff. She existed to be the link which would make the Sins return at first.

Her story is tied to Meliodas's and Meliodas is very interesting IMO.

Really though, I still find her insufferable. Still a hard decision.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Heh, I am not really a fan of Elizabeth myself though recently she has become more likable with the reveals and stuff. She existed to be the link which would make the Sins return at first.

Her story is tied to Meliodas's and Meliodas is very interesting IMO.
It doesn't even sound like your heart's in it Demon. I mean, you replace her personality with literally any other character's and how is not upgrade? Just image her replaced(personality wise) with Gulia would you say that would make the series better or worse?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, as I said, I am not much of an Elizabeth fan. I liked her Liz incarnation a lot more.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It doesn't even sound like your heart's in it Demon. I mean, you replace her personality with literally any other character's and how is not upgrade? Just image her replaced(personality wise) with Gulia would you say that would make the series better or worse?
Funny thing is, we had a great Elizabeth in the One Shot of Nanatsu no Taizai. She was instantly likable. Basically had the personality of a shounen hero wrapped up in a princess theme. A naive, yet unwaveringly driven princess.

These two pages alone show how badass she is than any of Eli's current forms.

Look at that, no hesitation at all. That's a strong, respectable female character right there. I'd cape for this Eli in a second if she were still around. Instead I have to loathe any and every Elizabeth focused chapter and bitch about the character every now and again.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Funny thing is, we had a great Elizabeth in the One Shot of Nanatsu no Taizai. She was instantly likable. Basically had the personality of a shounen hero wrapped up in a princess theme. A naive, yet unwaveringly driven princess.

These two pages alone show how badass she is than any of Eli's current forms.

Look at that, no hesitation at all. That's a strong, respectable female character right there. I'd cape for this Eli in a second if she were still around. Instead I have to loathe any and every Elizabeth focused chapter and bitch about the character every now and again.
That is awesome! Why couldn't we have had that?!

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

This should say where my vote goes. :super

I really like HxH, but unfortunately i havent read the manga before the Dark Continent arc, I only watched the anime which was epic.
I have seen some manga panels though, and they look really bad, Togashi's art is very sketchy and nonappealing to me.
Also the latest arc is really slow paced and its getting kinda boring. Plus those hiatuses, hhhhhhhh ..... I wonder if the series is getting even finished in my lifetime. That said, its not that i hate HxH, i really like it, its just that im not that invested in it anymore. I also feel like that very investment of mine was only anime based, and not manga based. I dont know if this even makes any sense, but its how i feel about it.

On the other hand i have always loved Nanatsu no Taizai, and i still do.
What can i say, im a fan of fun fantasy adventures based in old medieval times, plus im a fan of the Arthurian legend so there is that too. I love all the Sins, and i like a good part of the side characters and villains too.
Each Sin has a backstory that is placed in certain parts of the story and every sins backstory thus far was really good or amazing. As for Elizabeth, its hard to talk about her and not to spoil stuff, so i will say this, i dont like the Elizabeth from the first and second part of the series maybe even in the third part (will have to see the end result), but her true nature and its role is cool, plus a certain flashback/backstory gives her character a new meaning.
The overall story is very interesting and pretty easy to follow, the art is great and the overall feel i get from this series is in the right place. In my opinion Nanatsu no Taizai has a fair shot at HxH.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Hx H is the better one but I love NNT

So voting NNT.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
looking back at the bracket.. I think NNT has a fair chance of winning @Demonspeed. and it's got quite the support too.

well.. it's either HxH loses now or next round. :bored

Potatoe-Titan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Still NNT, best manga in the war atm.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, finally decided for nanatsu. Hxh is easily the better manga but nanatsu has the benefit of not being on a hiatus.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I vote for Nanatsu no Taizai on purpose.

Because that oneshot that @eefrit linked is, technically speaking, NNT. Which I'm going say qualifies as an acceptable justification of Elisibeth's existence. And I said if I was given one of those I would vote for it. So I have to hold up my end.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I vote HxH

I have not read both manga's but only watched the anime's.

I love the fight scenes of HxH thanks to the anime. I don't like the art. If not for the anime I wouldn't be here. Story is average as well. Then there is hiatus.

Seven deadly sins was ok at first but then i lost interest. The fight scenes looks epic but are rubbish. Story until season 1 is not great either. Manga art is no good and thats why i did not continue to read the story after watching anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.