Anime - HxH 2011 English Dub Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime HxH 2011 English Dub Discussion

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread is for those who want to discuss the English dubbed version of HxH. Whether or not you like it you are free to discuss. But please let us all try to be civil and avoid any silly sub vs dub flame wars. We each have our own preference and there is no reason we cannot disagree...and be respectful too. Also because some dub viewers may have never seen HxH try to keep spoilers to a minimum and if necessary use spoiler tags. Finally because the 99 dub also exists it is only natural to compare but again let's be civil in how we disagree. Otherwise have fun

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
since episodes 1 through 11 have already been dubbed we will talk about those.

am i the only one who likes dubbed killua?

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I for one, so far, find the dub really trashy.
It is very generic, i didnt feel like it really captured any character well.
But the japanese dub wa spretty great and even in that one i didnt like the early episodes too much, so maybe i am biased.

HxHFan1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The impact as soon as a watch it was a bit weird, but after watching all episode 1 to 12, i get used to that and i like it. Maybe the one i like less is Gon, but in the long run i could be get used to him too.
I'm waiting for more Hisoka episodes to judge him, i really like the former dubber Brandon Hunter. It's a pity he was changed like everyone else.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brendan Hunter was amazing but I think Keith Silverstein is doing an amazing job too.
In a sense they are both the perfect fit for two similar and yet different versions of Hisoka.

Eurydice

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Kuwait
I really cant with the dubs, I hate when they speak English yet the names are Japanese. I cringe.

tbh I did not give the dub version a chance so don't grill me by stating my dissatisfaction by what I saw so far. I couldn't continue.. I feel the sub version is the way it meant to be delivered, but to each his own I guess. btw I did not finish even 10 dub episodes but I hope more people support the show and series, it makes the wait for new content bearable atm

Inspector fan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the dub. It definitely took me a bit to get used to all the voices. I think Gon's voice actress took the longest to decide if I liked it or not, but after the first 12 episodes I think everyone had found their groove and I like what I'm hearing.

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
Feitan's English dub is the reason I loathe English voice acting.... absolutely horrible. The voices for some of the characters is fine, but just wow... why did they have to ruin Feitan so damn bad...?