Hyuu~ Scans | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hyuu~ Scans

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hyuu~ Scans

The group was formed early summer 2006 by cobra2150, and later co-led by ttxdragon, but died away after the both of them got extremely busy somewhere during the winter (and the other members of the team decided to slack off as well without the head, yippee~). Early 2007 saw the revival of the group, and that's the "new Hyuu" this topic is about.

Scripter/Cleaner: Fnuckale, ttxdragon
Cleaners: SilentDream, Pul5eh, alien_c
Typesetter: Galtheanor, phoenragon
Proofreader: phoenragon

We use the raws as scanned by LadyDarkMoon and the translations by the lovely inarikami, and we're very grateful of them. <3

Our current projects are two weeklies: tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and xxxHOLiC, both written and drawn by CLAMP.

> tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE 141 HQ
> tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE 142 [ON HOLD]
> tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE 143 HQ
> tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE 144 HQ [NEW]
> xxxHOLiC 128 HQ
> xxxHOLiC 129 HQ

We're currently recruiting cleaners, typesetters, translators and scanners. If you think you're up for it email us ( recruit@hyuu-scans.com ) or contact me or ttxdragon through pm.
Here's a test page for the cleaners. No need to do greys or reframing, make sure you clean the blacks on a seperate layer and save the page as .psd before submitting.
Help us make faster and better releases!

Last edited by a moderator:

ArgoW

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
i feel for u guys 1 of the cleaners in A-J Scans is whitout pc in 1 month and then the i thoght is wahs going to be ok whit just me and the other 1 but for some reason i was not able to get in contact whit the last 1 untile the very alst second and ve made it troght but untile i got contact whit him i where in a good way of going bald :P haha (just way of speak i will never go bald as long as i live) well good luck to u guys anyway

godmode

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
ah, nevermind i just saw one and its way out of my league

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
For the record all you need to know is cleaning blacks, not greys or reframing or whatever.

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Just keep in mind, the page we'll have you work on isn't the page from the raw, we'll have Fnuckale give it some love first, before you can clean it, so it's less hard than it seems, I guess... >.>[br]Posted on: February 16, 2007, 08:59:48 AM_________________________________________________Chapter 129 of xxxHOLiC is out.

We're skipping Tsubasa 142 for now, due to a bad raw, but we'll release it somewhere in the future. In the meanwhile, work on chapter 143 is well underway, expect it in a few days.

Fnuckale

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Woohoo, trc 143 and holic 129 are out! another week has ended. Don't worry about trc 142, we will definitely go back and do it sooner or later, but for now our priority is trc 144 and we'll get to work on it as soon as the raw's out.

Syaoran Li

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yo, Hyuu!

Since I know 145 must be giving some work, I edited the colored image. If you guys haven't edited it yet, you can use mine... I editted it for my Portuguese Edited Manga. =P

There, have some Syaoran's Love. In .psd format. HOORAY!

My editing is not so good, I dunno if it came out good enough. X_x

Well, see ya!

cobra2150

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, as to where I went I had some health issues arise, and I am not fully back to 100% as of yet, things take some time. It is interesting to see what happened after a while though, and glad to see that someone else took up the cause.

Last edited:

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Yay, we're still alive and released ch149 <3
it's to be found HERE.

sorry for the kinda irregular releases, we are right now trying to get back on a regular schedule as life is making it rough for all of us ;)

We are still looking for cleaners, no need to do greys, at least not much since those are covered already :)
just be sure to know how to clean blacks and redraw text-over-art parts :)
no need to be too experienced, but at least having tried yourself several times would help the cause ;)

of course we are always open for typesetters and proofreader too :)
translators for trc/xxxH would be welcome as well ;)

so, yeah, we are basically hunting for all positions :)

drop me or khal a pm if you are interested <3

ddadain

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I'll typeset and can QC :P For TRC only though :P XD

Mangasearcher

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
I am interested in joining Hyuu-Scans. I can typeset (Main Occupation :D) and I don't know if i will do much good at it but I can do cleaning too.