Seinen - I Am a Hero by HANAZAWA Kengo | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen I Am a Hero by HANAZAWA Kengo

conn-man

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah shit you're probably right ....ha and here I was ready to lose my mind. Ok yeah French, I saw the end credits and wasn't sure. Those were some wicked hallucinations lol
I would be on stand by for this one. The french guys experience seemed a little to interactive when compared to Hitomi's muppet visions. Yes, French also has the same condition as Hitomi and Kurusu but what purpose does he serve when we have plenty of characters already displaying the super human element. I think his side story was showing the stuff he saw was real and a sign of things to come.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I would be on stand by for this one. The french guys experience seemed a little to interactive when compared to Hitomi's muppet visions. Yes, French also has the same condition as Hitomi and Kurusu but what purpose does he serve when we have plenty of characters already displaying the super human element. I think his side story was showing the stuff he saw was real and a sign of things to come.
I hope you're right. Not because I think the story wold suffer from more zombie hallucinations, but if those things are real...things are going to get wild.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Someone else please tell me you've read the latest volume (16). Holy shit, this manga is fantastically unpredictable without being ridiculous.

Fucking alien colonization?! Those "hive" designs! :wtf

Why the hell doesn't this have an anime deal yet? That would be spectacular.

Hangedman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
i guess the author really love my town (he come here last year) :)

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently blazed through all the chapters and wow this is one of my new favorite series. When I first read about it, I was sort of meh. It sounded like typical zombie stuff (which I usually like or think is entertaining, but don't love) with a gimmick (oooh the mc has hallucinations). I read it on a whim and wow was I wrong. I feel like most zombie stuff relies on similar tropes and while this does not completely subvert them, it does do them better than I have seen in other series. So, for example, a lot of zombie series have at least a moment of someone not wanting to kill zombies because they might still be human or trying to heal them or the entire situation being creepy because it isn't a monster or alien attacking, but something human-shaped. This series, however, deals with that tension better than any other one I have seen. I love how the zombies actually maintain part of their humanity and there are some brilliant scenes (artwork and otherwise) playing with hallucinations/reality with both zombies and human characters.

Anyway, I am rambling, but I love this and much respect to the mangaka for crafting such a great story with great artwork and characters.

Xguard

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I've just read this manga and really like it. Normally I don't like a Zombie stuff's story but this manga is different. Even though it's slow pace but it still be attractive. But I can't find the translation more than chapter 191. My country's publisher also stop at Volume 16 as well. I also don't see much discussion on any website TvT.
I hope after they launch the movie, this manga will get more attention and there's more people reading it.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yeah only up through 191 has been translated to English unfortunately.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yeah only up through 191 has been translated to English unfortunately.
Don't know if anyone still bothers in coming in here at all, but either way, in case you've been out of the loop long enough...

Good news!

I, like many of you, got stuck on Ch.191 when it first came out, and it was so painful to not be getting my fix after so long. But a new group has picked it up, and they're doing a tremendous job!

As of today - and since April 12th, like a month and a half ago - they've released 26 Chapters (192-217), and if they keep this up we'll be caught up with the manga in no time (currently at Ch. 242)!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Final chapter will be released next week... too bad it's ending so soon (in my opinion), and too bad I didn't get to discuss this series more regularly with other people :(

Xguard

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Argghh. What an ending! I mean it has no meaning at all. The last few chapter has no point! And I've just would like to see the Hiromi's perspective once more.

So Korori become a mangaka and he seem to be more successful than Hideo.
And Hideo just wasting his life span wander around the town. Why doesn't he ride a car to any other town?
And ZQN stopped because all of Kurusu would like to save humanity?
...What again is ZQN? Where does it come from -*-?

WalterB

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Those hallucination scenes are unreal!

Hanzō

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Argghh. What an ending! I mean it has no meaning at all. The last few chapter has no point! And I've just would like to see the Hiromi's perspective once more.

So Korori become a mangaka and he seem to be more successful than Hideo.
And Hideo just wasting his life span wander around the town. Why doesn't he ride a car to any other town?
And ZQN stopped because all of Kurusu would like to save humanity?
...What again is ZQN? Where does it come from -*-?
I could not agree more.. There are so many questions left unanswered! This isn't the way such a fine mange should have ended. Such a disappointment!

BlueFog2019

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Do you think that the author should save Hiromi from the gigantic ZQN?

Yes he should.

I like Hiromi, i'm so into her character, she was build so well. A lot of memorable things happened around her on this manga. Start from meeting with Hideo in the sea of trees, she meet Hideo when he's scared and broken. Then how they tried to survive by riding bicycle, running away, and meet with the cameraman guy, the scene she shout 'good bye everyone' from the hill is memorable. Then how she was infected and healed. Then of course the absurd scene of enjoying hot spring with Oda at the most inapropriate times also memorable, don't forget the cooking scene with Oda is good too. Finally when things developed well with Hideo at last, how she resolved to survive, live on and being happy together with Hideo. And all of that was ended just by simple farewell and absorbed by aliens?

This is awful, she deserved to be happy, not this kind of ending, i'm a guy but i'm not embarrassed to admit that i cry by this! Yes you read that right, i cry. She don't deserved this kind of treatment, the author should give happiness to Hiromi, she want to be happy.

I seriously think that give happy ending doesn't decrease a value of a manga. Look at that fucked up Gantz, so many gruesome death but in the end Chrono and Tae meet again. Or take another example from anime, The End of Evangelion, at the end Shinji and Asuka get together even Asuka get broken (of course i'll complaint too if Hiromi get saved but mentally broken) This is no justice for Hiromi, she deserve better.. too sad for me