Discussion - I don't understand the no timeskip people | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion I don't understand the no timeskip people

ShadowSJG

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
We know that there can’t be a time skip for now because All Might is “supposed” to die this year in the manga. So unless Night eye prediction was wrong that All Might will die it won’t happen unless it’s a couple months. Now could All Might die in the next arc which maybe is the prison arc where Shiggy kills both him and AFO and then we go into time skip sure.
Not really, let's see how this plays out

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"soon" in manga terms can mean years, and span multiple arcs.

As for a timeskip happening now, we still need to see the current aftermath of the mansion raid (Re-Destro, Geten etc). At most, we'll have a timeskip of a few weeks that shows how society has reacted to the events, how the Hero's are handling it, and what the villains are up to since they had to retreat.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ok, just read a comment from Atsushi on Twitter and apparently Horikoshi said 'the next volume marks the end of a part of the story' so that 'Deku and him may go Plus Ultra'. The end of My Hero Academia might be coming sooner than expected, OR perhaps he simply means that this arc is ending with volume 30. Also, Atsushi asked fans if they are also looking forward to a timeskip...!

So yeah, I am now definitely anticipating a timeskip that marks the end of My Hero Academia and the beginning of... My Hero. Or My Hero Plus Ultra.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
with reason videos suggesting that MHA is ending soon I am unaware of what the timeskip would solve. Granted teh after war likely will create some months that have been created after a while to symbolise just much lasting damage all of this did. I would have wanted some years tiemskip for our heroes to coem back, with more allies and finally win against villians forever. But with the implication it will head toward the end in some years I am unsure if a long timeskip will happen.
so many lasting theoreis left. Who is Hasashi Midorya? Will we see the other heroes in OFA? Will there be a UA traitor? will Melissa Shield return? Will UA becoem divided or will they be united in an Avenger team?

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I could see smaller month long time skips, but I think we'll still see every major development that occurs in terms of relationships for the characters.

Small training arcs off screen where they grow more powerful is fine, that happened in the war arc, but them being in a serious conflict won't get skipped over.

I doubt we're going to skip out on the character's growing into actual proper heroes, since that's a huge appeal of the show.

I could even see them skipping like half a school year, or having half a school year in a flashback chapter, if nothing particularly of note happens.

ScrewyU

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
It nakes sense, this manga has some realism and doesnt have suspension of disbelief moments like in others. This manga actually is quite dark and takes its self seriously. So yeah it will take most of the cast esepcially the students to perfect there quirks against monsters like the villain alligenxe

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's still a lot more story left in the series including a lot more room for Deku to grow. I'm less willing to believe anything concerning how much story is left until I hear it directly from Horikoshi or Shonen Jump.

ShadowSJG

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am expecting one further

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am expecting one further
Maybe for the epilogue. But I’d see small one month time skips being spread out across this part of the series.
I think Shiggy’s completion and return is a good potential doomsday clock.