I should have gone to Shiratorizawa. | Page 49 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I should have gone to Shiratorizawa.

Tippy toes

• Slap mosquitoes

• Touch da nose

• I'd like a pause

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
set material indeed nii :zomg

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Didn't know you're a Madoka fan revs, guess the announcement hyped you? Really looking forward to it too, apparently the author wrote the story for the sequel many years ago. Probably will rewatch Rebellion sometime before the release, to refresh my memories (no way to forget the ending though...)
We already talked about it but yes :XD
At that time, Maga and I got the hype and went to match sets (though Madoka isn't my 1st favorite there). When the movie comes out, let's talk about it to see what we thought too. :nod
More than 2K for each series or all of them together...? That's a lot in any case lol. Used to save a reeeeal lot as well, but eventually I got a bit more picky bc too many pics in the folders can get somewhat overwhelming xD
For each series :fan
There are many artists in pixiv + twitter + tumblr, and pinterest can be a good source when it wants to. Kimetsu and Jujutsu are series full of hype and even now both of them keep having a lot of content from readers.

Detective Conan is a series that has that as well, eve nowadays I'm shocked by the level of popularity. Tbh I'm very very picky too, but there are too many good artists out there if you look very carefully xD (it helps to have accounts in different sites, so you don't feel overwhelmed with too much content at once).
haha yeah I get it. Though for me it's a mixed blessing. On one hand, it can be really fun to watch something together, but on the other writing/talking about it during the runtime is a little bit too distracting for me sometimes haha. Like I rewatched a couple of scenes from the last HF movie bc I think I missed some stuff while writing, or wasn't completely absorbed bc I made a comment.

Talking about it after you're done reading/watching/playing is just fun though :nod If you have no one to talk about the thing(s) you enjoyed that's kinda sad, I guess that's why almost everyone looks for places to discuss it.
To me it depends, sometimes I even enjoyed going to the cinema alone for example, or museums or stuff too (lots of people seem to like that too even). But there are things I had rather watch with friends that I know will have the same reactions as me (?) like us with Fate, for example. I like Fate a lot but especially when sharing it with you guys, alone it's like just a cool series to me but with friends who like it a lot I can get even more with the hype.

Umineko/Higurashi and Conan are a mix of both things, I usually check the content alone and then go to discuss it with the rest, like you said. ^^

I think it really depends on the mood.
Yeah, I see you're quite the critique :amuse I get it though, the stuff you really enjoy you want to see done well, or it just sucks. That reminds me, isn't Akira supposed to get a new anime or something? I always want to check out the movie and/or manga, but there's just so much stuff out there @__@
Kinda~

Akira should be getting an anime adaptation faithful to the manga soon, yes, but with the whole covid and pandemic I don't know how it's going. 🤔
The movie is awesome but it changes the storyline half the plot, because the manga even if it's kinda 'short' it has way too many details.

If you ever want to check it, I recommend you go for the movie first, it's shorter and I know you're more into the animation. And if you didn't get into the plot or characters, you will know if you want to start the manga or not.
Oh yeah, really love some comparisons of how mangaka are progressing with their artstyle! D.Gray-man was a really good example, when I saw some comparisons back then it was really stunning (bc you often don't really notice some changes while reading).
Ikr? It's incredible :XD

I would guess with each different chapter the mangaka adjusted the details, so when reading every single chapter you don't notice. That's different if you jump from one chap. to another though. One Piece and Conan are examples on how amazing the changes are, Kuroshitsuji too, Shaman King as well.

There are exceptions too, for example FMA's style had barely changes from the first chapter to the last one. Haikyuu!! had changes as well, but to me they aren't as big as some other series.
Tbh I started enjoying Kimetsu during the Spider Arc already, the train arc wasn't so great for me (besides the last part, you know what). I guess ufotable is the studio to go to, first they kickstarted the Fate franchise and then they went and made Kimetsu insanely popular :XD

Reminds me that I have yet to watch the movie... did you do that already?
Hahaha I loved the concept of the 'dreams' the arc had, even if the first demon was a meh for me (besdies Akaza). I also like it when serious/tragic series mix well with comedy timing, and I think Kimetsu and especially that arc were great.

Even if Spider Arc was meh for me that's the one I started to really appreciate Tanjiro as a protagonist though :amuse
And I didn't yet! Did watch some random little parts with less than 2 minutes lmao, I know what will happen well but I wanna watch it complete. Did you watch it?
Hahaha...... Yeah I can only imagine, even though I think the first season was alright. Then again, the manga really went downhill during the last part too =/ Are you reading the sequel?
It was alright thanks to the animation for me, but the rest... I could complain for hours @.@

And yes I'm reading the sequel, enjoying it tbh, reminds me of the old Nanatsu days and the good arcs. Still cliché, but it's a nice change from the Sins and their mess. Do you plan on perhaps checking it out someday?
Brotherhood is a real classic for sure, something you can pretty much recommend anyone. One day I'd like to rewatch it~
And for the studio's sake I hope you'll be pleased with the Komi-san anime XD
I kinda have hopes with this one hahahaha
Tbh you know Bjorn and me well and you will see us being hard to please xD.
Same tbh, don't really care about harem shows at all. I've actually read the oneshot of Nisekoi before it got serialized, and thought it was really funny. So I was really happy when it got a real series haha. Tbh the manga wasn't bad, it just went on for too long and eventually got somewhat boring (a problem too many manga have, I feel).
Yeah same, and harems about "which girl will he pick omg" shouldn't take too long to me, and I find that plot kinda boring. Ranma 1/2 was one of the first harems and the harem wasn't even the main thing in that series, just used as comedy from times to times, that's how I appreciate harems, when they aren't taken that seriously. :sweat
I see you have a good eye, Accelerator and Misaka are the two best chars of the franchise :3 Misaka is one of the best female leads in anime/manga for me, just the right mix of cool and kind, and also independent. Probably my fav tsundere too, bc with her it feels natural and not like a character trait
She looks sooooooo cool there :zomg
Will give the anime a try, but I can't make promises about the LN xD
Ooooh right, I remember you sending me a list :sweatdrop Tbh I don't think you scared me away, it's more of a thing that I usually have a lot on my plate already you could say (lol), so I end up forgetting some recs after a while... really sorry about that.
Oh that's okay lol, I get really hype when it comes to recs... I have scared some away even if not you <_>

Also we have most series we love in common so it's alright :XD
lol yeah I get that xD From my experience shows often fail at properly portraying couples once they get together though (but feel free to enlighten me).
You got it * prepares a long list for you *
The only josei I've read is Chihayafuru, which I really enjoyed for a while but eventually started going in circles a bit too (and fell in the hole of "oh I dunno who I love, I can't decide, what do I do"....). But yeah, Josei probably are the better picks for stuff that's a bit more mature.
Thinking about it, Natsu no Zenjitsu was a Seinen I think, but it's pretty much the kinda series you describe. That was good and relatively short.
Ah yeah Chihayafuru was a series Erin recommends a lot, I remember trying the first episodes, looks really cute and I got already into sports/games anime gladly.
Same here :emobirb (I was the one pushing for a section way back then :XD) Found this series by pure coincidence when I saw someone creating a thread for it and thinking the color page looked really cool. I thiiink I catched up around the time Kaneki got imprisoned. It was a fun and wild ride for the most part. A real shame how it went downhill during re :feelsbadman (and let's not even talk about the disappointing anime, even if it did make the series popular)
I saw the author just started a new series, but I'm too scared to pick it up for now lol.
Ooh nice! I started it because a group of friends wouldn't stop recommeing it to me. :XD
We had a group on Internet (some current online friends I have are from there) and they wouldn't stop spamming the manga, so I started it.

Actually liked it more and more when I started, I also fell for Rize but she didn't last a chapter (:emocat). I think the last chapters were being out when I started, but it was easy to catch up. I remember loving Kaneki's character and everything overall, then :re happened. It was hard to get used to the new setup and character but I kinda managed, but then even with the good stuff it went downhill like you said :/

I still praise the first manga tbh, I find it really, really good. Glad it got a section, great job Kevin. :blush
Wish I was already registred here when I followed the series hahahha.
Definitely a major problem yeah, you hardly see her being badass. If we ever get Fate/Hollow Ataraxia animated (a sortaaa sequel) we will finally see her kicking ass :zomg (even if that's only for a small portion too)

I actually get the bug thing to some extent, bc it's really overplayed in Fate. There's a reason some call them dickworms, the creators went a bit too edgy there... But I can appreciate how Sakura feels inferior and "defiled" bc of that, and it only made me wish for her happiness more. She's honestly one of the unluckiest characters in the whole franchise, so she deserves being happy with Shirou.
Yeah for real, Fate is dark but not that dark, feels like few manga/anime would go there. :sweat
Of course there's also the whole Shinji problem as well (which is already awful and creepy on it's own) so the bugs were a surprise for me. Back when I started Fate/Zero, that scene of Sakura down there... it haunted me.

But that's why it's hard for me to dislike her or bear people calling her a usseles girl because she is also a victim of all sort types of abuses, so her development is different from a "shy girl", she's traumatized. But that's why I liked the Heaven movies, her anger and sadness was well made and the happy ending was very good.
Time to learn Japanese haha :p
So watching anime all day wasn't enough?! D:
Oh I kept with it until the ending, and enjoyed the series for most of its run. The ending though... what I can say. I don't hate it and think some people are going a bit overboard, but I can agree that it wasn't exactly good. I would say it was meh, but not to the point where it would ruin the series.
The only thing that made me dislike it for real was the whole Ymir in-love reveal.
The rest to me was honestly an epilogue only, didn't expect much.

There's a current big group of the fandom doing something called SnK: Requiem or something where they will make their own ending, and many will take it as official.
Hahahaha noticing many points we talk here we already do on Discord or other groups, that's progress :hug

Great set by the way! And a good tribute.
Thank you Kiki-tan! :zomg

I love that artist, they're always making stunning Conan content.
^ now that is cool. Reminds me that I thought Kaito Kid was a realy good pick for most classy, revs :nod
Yeah I love his style :nod

Not only his clothing is cool but his apparences are fun to read/watch for his classy and fun robberies.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sorry for not answering yet :emobirb Pretty tired from work these days...

But I'll bring you something else in return

Also, have you seen this? I only know some panels from this manga, but had to think of you when I saw it

I know next to nothing about the series, but it seems fitting to me for some reason :XD

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
set material? :?bunny

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I know next to nothing about the series, but it seems fitting to me for some reason :XD
I love how it makes it look like an epic shonen :lmao

It's a very depressing series but still loving that edit, made me giggle everytime, thank you Kevin. ❤
set material? :?bunny

Very! :wtf

Reminds me how many fanarts for sets I have saved, but I never use @.@ (I can give/show them to you if you want to, you can use them instead :blush).
Also thought for a moment that was Hatsune Miku, she's so full of high quality content.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Very! :wtf

Reminds me how many fanarts for sets I have saved, but I never use @.@ (I can give/show them to you if you want to, you can use them instead :blush).
Also thought for a moment that was Hatsune Miku, she's so full of high quality content.
if it's not a bothersome, sure! they all are eyegasm :nod you a fan of Miku? :?bunny

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@revo. I did the thing. The thing I said I wasn't gonna do. I guess maybe I thought it might be better this time. and.. well. It was not. Most certainly not. Please assure me that you're not going to make my mistake.

We know what Yashahime is. It will never get better. It will never bring anything but misery to us. Stay far away. You too @Purity of Magi. It doesn't even work as unintentional comedy. It's just the most boring kind of horrible.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
@revo. I did the thing. The thing I said I wasn't gonna do. I guess maybe I thought it might be better this time. and.. well. It was not. Most certainly not. Please assure me that you're not going to make my mistake.

We know what Yashahime is. It will never get better. It will never bring anything but misery to us. Stay far away. You too @Purity of Magi. It doesn't even work as unintentional comedy. It's just the most boring kind of horrible.
I honestly couldn't care less about the current new cast, I even barely payed attention to the final episodes of the previous season.
The only thing I would like to see it's how Inuyasha, Kagome and Moroha's endings end up being (not Sesshomaru's though, his storyline it's so disappointing it makes me sad, it's beyond salvation), so I guess I will follow spoilers from time to time, but I refuse to watch it weekly.

Last season felt so different from the original Inuyasha's story, that I can't imagine how this new season is :/

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly couldn't care less about the current new cast, I even barely payed attention to the final episodes of the previous season.
The only thing I would like to see it's how Inuyasha, Kagome and Moroha's endings end up being (not Sesshomaru's though, his storyline it's so disappointing it makes me sad, it's beyond salvation), so I guess I will follow spoilers from time to time, but I refuse to watch it weekly.

Last season felt so different from the original Inuyasha's story, that I can't imagine how this new season is :/
You probably can imagine how it is. It's almost exactly the same. They have learned nothing.

It's just bad writing, bad plotting, tons of exposition where they explain things that don't need to be explained. No attempt at all to explain the things that actually need to be explained. Batshit stupid character decisions. The better you know Inuyasha the worse it is by contrast. It is exactly the same.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hey revo, I read vol 1 Tsurezure Children... when I wasn't laughing I was omg'ing at the kawaii. This manga heals the soul.