Theory - I think the one behind the Liar Game is... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory I think the one behind the Liar Game is...

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Akiyama.

Here's the reasoning.

(Could be wrong of course, it's just a theory. But I think there's a really good chance it's correct.)

First, what do we know?

1. Akiyama swindled a huge corporation, and took them down.
2. He went to prison for it.
3. He almost certainly got tons of money from swindling the corporation.
4. He didn't do it for greed, he did it as payback for his mother's death.
5. The LGT staff themselves don't know many things, for example what game the next dealer will announce.

So the questions are:

1. What did he do with the money he took from the corporation?
2. Why did Liar Game seem to start up when he got out of prison?
3. How does the LGT have so much cash to loan out to contestants?
4. Why have we never seen them forcefully collect on debts?
5. Why did the fake lawyer working for the LGT tell Nao about Akiyama?
6. Why do the LGT staff wear masks?
7. What really happens to the losers?
8. Why is the Liar Game set up so that people can beat the game if they work together?
9. Is Nao correct, that the purpose of Liar Game is essentially to teach people to give up on greed?

---

So, I think there are 2 good answers:

Nao is wrong:
The LGT is the corporation that Akiyama took down, and they're getting back at him by involving Nao, who they know reminds him of his mother, in an effort to manipulate him.

Nao is right:
Using the money he stole from the corporation, Akiyama anonymously set up the LGT with the purpose of punishing the greedy and forcing them to change their way of thinking in order to escape.

---

Conclusion:

I think Nao is right.

Akiyama took down that MLM corporation, which was responsible for his mother's death. In an effort to prevent something like that from happening again, he came up with a way to lure the most greedy people around and trap them inside Liar Game. In order to escape, they must give up on their greed. Before going to prison, he used all the money he took from the MLM and created the LGT. The LGT staff are probably unaware of who really set it up or what its true purpose is. The LGT staff are quite possibly players who lost, and now are told they must work off their debts, hence the masks.

In the beginning, Akiyama told Nao that the LGT's threats were bogus. They just scared people into playing. And once players had taken money, they were scared that they couldn't go to the police since they might also be looked at as criminals. They also use vague threats to keep people following the LGT's rules, even though we've never seen them do anything at all to the losers. In fact, the LGT simply gives the losers more chances with revival games.

The LGT cannot be making a profit from this. They continually loan money out to the players. Yet, instead of collecting from the losers, they loan them even more money for revival rounds. The business model makes little sense if they're trying to make a profit. It would be near impossible to ever begin to collect huge debts from people who are bankrupt. The LGT must have a lot of cash in order to operate.

Near the beginning, Akiyama told Nao, "Don't trust people. Doubt them." And I doubt Akiyama is what he seems. :hip

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Please register to see the content of this post.

Reclaimer

Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited:

OwlRed

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Kazu-Sama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

KenKao

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Last edited: