Question - If you could ask Hiro Mashima five questions, what would they be? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question If you could ask Hiro Mashima five questions, what would they be?

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
So, let me set the scene:

You have been given a one-time only chance to interview Hiro Mashima, the creator of Fairy Tail. On the flight to Tokyo you think to yourself "I should probably think of some questions to ask..." but instead you fall asleep. You are now in front of Hiro Mashima, and while you admirably stalled him for half an hour by asking him which piece of Fairy Tail fanservice he is most proud of, you can avoid it no longer - what 5 questions do you ask Mashima?

There are only 2 rules:

1) They must be related to Fairy Tail, so no asking him what he had for breakfast
2) You can't be outright rude, so be inventive if you want to roast him

Other than that, go crazy!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
1)If August and Zeref fought who would have won?

2)Did END kill anyone in the past?

3)How do the Dragon Eaters compare to the Spriggans in strength?

4)Where is Mildean located and if it still exists?

5)Is Natsu's life connected to Lucy, like the anime hinted?

Last edited:

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Is END alive and connected to lucy?
Why did anna make a natsu scarf and not at the other DS?
Why did you curse mavis?
Without knowing 100YQ, are there any dragons still alive?
Does the king of fiore have a family relationship with Heartfilia?

Last edited:

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
What is Natsu’d favorite color

What is Gray’s favorite animal

What is Lucy’s favorite place to visit

What is Mira’s favorite food

What was the point of even Ankseram if he was never introduced

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Is it possible that Natsu and Lucy’s life are connected to each other’s when Lucy rewrote END’s book?

2. Who would win in a fight, Erza or Mira?

3. Now that many of the FT guild members have gotten stronger, who would you say are considered S-class mages?

4. Why did God Serena betrayed Ishgar and joined Alvarez?

5. I am a big Lucy fan and I always get excited when she shows out in a fight. I recall you said a while back that the Celestial Spirits strength grows as their owner magical strength does. My question is would that ever be expected to happen in the future?

AlZEN

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
1. Can you rank the strenghts of the Spriggan 12?

2. What are God Serena's other Elements?

3. Has God Serena magic besides the dragonslayer magic?

4. Can August use all magic of the Spriggan 12?

5. How strong are the other villains and protagonists compared to the Spriggan 12?

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
1. Jellal vs Laxus. Who wins, and i wont take equal or double k.o. for an answer?

2. Would Dimaria, with her hax cheat magic, be able to no diff Gildarts, Laxus and Jellal (i kinda think she would, but i only need confirmation if im right or wrong)

3. What is Bloodman supposed to be, and where does he come from?

4. What are the exact requirements to get the curse of contradiction, and is there a way to get rid of it outside loving someone who has the curse as well.

... cant think of a 5th question about FT, but if i really met Mashima i would ask him something about Rave:

*5. Can you explain the exact meaning behind Haru's and Lucia's dream about Resha and her crime.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
This question still haunts me!

I'm still convinced Bradman being a Demon was a last minute change, just compare these two pictures:

That's a really weird inconsistency.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

I'm still convinced Bradman being a Demon was a last minute change, just compare these two pictures:

lol i forgot about the human mouth :facepalm
Seems like even Mashima didnt know what he was :huh:

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think doing dirty fan service constantly really benefit Fairy Tail?
Do you think Fairy Tail offered something unique to the anime/manga community?
What specific demographic do you have as your target audience with the crap you write/draw?
Is Fairy Tail influenced by your childhood?
Will you ever have the guts to kill any relevant character?

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
What specific demographic do you have as your target audience with the crap you write/draw?
Eh, I'd change that bit I put in italics, like it says in the rules - if you want to roast him be more inventive.

Other than that though those are some good questions, I'd be really interested to see if any of it was influenced by his childhood.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, let me set the scene:

You have been given a one-time only chance to interview Hiro Mashima, the creator of Fairy Tail. On the flight to Tokyo you think to yourself "I should probably think of some questions to ask..." but instead you fall asleep. You are now in front of Hiro Mashima, and while you admirably stalled him for half an hour by asking him which piece of Fairy Tail fanservice he is most proud of, you can avoid it no longer - what 5 questions do you ask Mashima?

There are only 2 rules:

1) They must be related to Fairy Tail, so no asking him what he had for breakfast
2) You can't be outright rude, so be inventive if you want to roast him

Other than that, go crazy!
Pretty sure you get kick out and hated if you try to insult him or say his works sucks. Not that Mashima is sensitive to criticism, but there difference of being hater and critic. FT is popular and sellong for reason still. The staff especially fanbase won't stand for it if your just there to hate and disrespect as Japan on how they see series especially different parts of the world isn't same as individual.

Sorry for putting a bit off-topic placement here, but just saying how you go about talking to someone even if you have issues of your work. Plus majority don't see it hated overall compare to certain individuals if we nedd to be honest here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

With comment like that you see yourself out the door faster than Genos getting beating up. You can't talk shit directly at him unless your trying to force a fight or get haul off by force by security.

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
1. Are Lucy's and Natsu's lives connected?
2. Whats the deal with the 13th gate?
3. Who is Mermaid's heel guild master?
4. Why couldn't Acno smell Irene and the Dragon Gods?
5. Who were the other Wizard Saints?

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
No offence but I don't really get what your overall message is? The rules up top are to combat the exact things you're talking about and no one has broken them yet. At the very worst we've had someone refer to FT as crap, and I've asked them to change that.
Pretty sure you get kick out and hated if you try to insult him or say his works sucks.
Which is why I established the rule of being inventive if you want to roast him.
Not that Mashima is sensitive to criticism, but there difference of being hater and critic.
Agreed, but again that's why I put the first rule in place - if you dislike any aspect of FT and want to question/roast Mashima for it, you have to be inventive (e.g. not blunt)..
FT is popular and sellong for reason still
While true, popularity does not necessarily equate to quality.

I absolutely adore the Star Wars Prequels and know many others that do, but I'm not going to pretend that it means that Prequels are objectively good.
The staff especially fanbase won't stand for it if your just there to hate and disrespect as Japan on how they see series especially different parts of the world isn't same as individual.
This is a slippery line of thinking IMO.

I get what you're trying to say, if you ask questions that could be seen as disrespectful you aren't going to be loved by the native fanbase. And that makes sense.

But then what do you do, just don't ask questions that may cause controversy? Besides, whose to say that the Japanese fanbase may not change their minds when hearing some of the more foreign criticisms?
Sorry for putting a bit off-topic placement here, but just saying how you go about talking to someone even if you have issues of your work.
No worries!

And I agree its important to, at the very least, to be civil. As much as I love a good salt session about Alvarez, I would never actually deliver it to Mashima the way I deliver it here. Rather I'd try and format it as professional and reasonable and make a conversation of it.
Plus majority don't see it hated overall compare to certain individuals if we need to be honest here.
Well, there's two things I'd say about that:

1) The critics/haters of Alvarez being a minority is to be expected, most who became irritated with FT left at some point during the Alvarez arc.
2) Just because those who hated the Alvarez arc are a minority does not mean their thoughts are any less valid - can debate get too heated sometimes? Yes, but do remember that many of those angry fans are angry because they thought Alvarez could have been among the best shonen arcs ever and were disappointed. Its basically tough love, they are irate because it could be better. At least, this is the opinion I hold of Alvarez and why the fan reaction was so extreme.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
1) Is Laxus x Brandish going to become canon?
2) If you didn't write FT for a magazine, how would the story be different?
3) Why did you kill Irene like that?
4) Do you get turned on/aroused while drawing the manga?
5) What's your happiest memory during the making of the FT series?

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Eh, I'd change that bit I put in italics, like it says in the rules - if you want to roast him be more inventive.

Other than that though those are some good questions, I'd be really interested to see if any of it was influenced by his childhood.
I'm really not trying to roast him, it's a genuine question.

With comment like that you see yourself out the door faster than Genos getting beating up. You can't talk shit directly at him unless your trying to force a fight or get haul off by force by security.
Do you really think Mashima is that much of a pansy? lol. If he does happen to be that much of a sensitive guy, I'd probably leave before he even calls security. I get annoyed by people like that.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
After reading your questions, other questions came to mind

After finishing the manga did you have any new ideas or would you like to change things in some arc?
Who is the siren master?
Is the increase in power of the fairy tail mage on tenro due to fairy heart or something else?
Does Lucy have the name of her father or mother? And why?

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Well, Bloodman was an Etherious demon, so I never even stopped to doubt that Zeref created him. I don't know what caused the confusion.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Fair enough, I usually associate the world crap with something negative but I suppose it can just be a neutral term.
Well, Bloodman was an Etherious demon, so I never even stopped to doubt that Zeref created him. I don't know what caused the confusion.
The confusion here is that the confirmation of him being an Etherious came after the panel I posted where he clearly looks more human.

While I obviously have little proof of this it makes me think Bradman wasn't originally supposed to be an Etherious and that this is another of Hiro's last minute changes which plagued the Alvarez arc (the best example being Irene and her relation to Dragons).
Which part of his comment would be enough to get him kicked out?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Do you really think Mashima is that much of a pansy? lol. If he does happen to be that much of a sensitive guy, I'd probably leave before he even calls security. I get annoyed by people like that.
Not really. Though your giving him the time of day to meet with you and going at him with insults and calling him and his work trash will push it a short talk and you kick out.

Your acting like a hater, not critic. They be justify to kick you out as you got be respectful to authors who work on them. He isn't blind to his mistakes and even mention them in interviews and EZ series. He can handle it. Though coming at him like a troll won't give you respect, just disrespect right back. Act like a professional, not bandwagon troll type is what I am saying in my post.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Fair enough, I usually associate the world crap with something negative but I suppose it can just be a neutral term.

The confusion here is that the confirmation of him being an Etherious came after the panel I posted where he clearly looks more human.

While I obviously have little proof of this it makes me think Bradman wasn't originally supposed to be an Etherious and that this is another of Hiro's last minute changes which plagued the Alvarez arc (the best example being Irene and her relation to Dragons).

Which part of his comment would be enough to get him kicked out?
If he continues that is if he calls him crap and shit authors. Can't act like that FT doesn't have good points or was never good. We got got into it early on after all. He just suffers same issues of quality decline like Naruto and Bleach. Are we going to call out Kishimoto and Kubo same way then after how things going? Just saying we need to be professional if we actually meet them. Not acting like salty trolls who want to insult how bad they are.