Josei - Ikoku Nikki by Tomoko Yamashita | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Ikoku Nikki by Tomoko Yamashita

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ikoku Nikki

Author : Yamashita, Tomoko
Genre : Drama, Slice of Life, Josei
Magazine : Feel Young
Synopsis :
"The daily lives of a 15-year-old orphan and the 35-year-old lady novelist she ends up living with, and what happens when two polar opposite worlds try to "awkwardly" interact. (Mangadex) To clear any misunderstanding, the novelist is her aunt, After her parents die, Asa started to live with her aunt, who hated her sister, Asa's mother.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
A twitt from Mogura saying how much he was baffled such a little gem was not picked yet by any editor, is what picked my interest into this manga. So far im enjoying it very much, the 2 Mc personalities are really interesting and realistic somehow, it deals also with communication issues, social awkardness. I m curous about the background of Miako (the aunt) and what happened with her sister that makes her hate her that much. There are some really nice scenes. so far, it s really a nice reading , i hope it stays that good, its a recent series, that started around 2017/2018, there s 35 chapters available in scans.
some interesting panels/scenes :

Art wise, characters expressions/features is what i like the most :

Some touching/emotional scenes

other characters introduced Makio's best friend and ex boyfriend (this guy is great and it seems he still loves her :zomg !)

and this scene is just adorable :zomg

+

Its me or this is an Houseki no kuni reference ? :arf

@Farfalla sorry for the tag, i just thought you might get inetrested by this, i think its your kind of stuff :wtf

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
almost caught up sc@ns, i have to admit i really love it so far, it depicts realistically Asa (the teenager) and her interactions, behavior and feelings, same for Makio, who is a introverted person. I really do relate sometimes with her lol :arf , when she mentions how hard t is for her to pick up the phone or to be in a place crowded, or when she says how much she appreciate being alone.
I loooove the relationship/romance Makio x Shingo :zomg , wont spoil on that, but this guy is so great, so reliable, i really hope the author will not ruin that.
Art is decent some panels are great, especially facial features, Makio design is the best imo.

Some great arts (those are chaps covers) :

Makio awakwardness.

Asa's emotions, behavior :
Skipping school :teehee

Realizing for 1st time her parents are dead or more exactly letting out her emotions for 1st time :

Another adorable scene with Shingo

Makio's not good at communicating with people, but shes good at reading/understanding them i like how she want to says thing by using movies references :teehee

+

Color page in Feel Young issue #6 22 to promote vol. 9

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Ikoku Nikki on top of the best 30 Manga of 2023 - Da Vinci Book of the Year 2023 alongside Skip to loafer, Chihayafuru, Mystery to Iu Nakare, Sousou no Frieren, Hirayasumi among my fave mangas. Kingdom, Chi no Wadashi, jjk , Spy family, OP. made the list too.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ikoku Nikki is getting an anime , I'm so happy, I hope it will do justice to the manga :zomg

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

trailer :