Question - I'M LOOKING FOR THE NEW VOLUMES OF "HOW TO DRAW MANGA" | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question I'M LOOKING FOR THE NEW VOLUMES OF "HOW TO DRAW MANGA"

Geppo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm searching the volumes of "How to draw manga: sketching manga-style" for free on the web, but I've found them only on sale on websites like Amazon, exc...

the volumes are:

How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 1: Sketching to Plan (February 2007)
How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 2: Logical Proportions (April 2007)
How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 3: Unforgettable Characters (October 2007)
How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 4: All About Perspective (Nov 12, 2008)
How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 5: Sketching Sports Basics (Dec 10, 2008)
How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 6: Sketching Props (August 11, 2009)

Here there are two pictures:

Does anybody know if there are some free versions of them in internet? (there are some old volumes like "how to draw manga: dressing you character in casual wear", but i'm not looking for them..)

Could you leave me a link?
If somebody knows some other good guides to draw manga (particulary how to draw perspective), could he/she leave me a link?
Thanks

ClaFanN1

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
the "How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style" is a collection orientated for advanced artists, so they are quite expensive and the only pages I've seen from them are videos or photographies, the only chances to get them are buying or getting from a friend who owns a copy. I have neither :p

PS.: I'm also interested in learning perspective/proportions ^^

I found some large photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teohyc/with/5660218792/

Last edited:

Meiun

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I found some of these in Japanese before, are you still looking?

Natokiro

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Those seem rather good. I bought a few how to draw manga books myself at Akadot.com, you might get good deals there, for me it worked fine. Good and fast shipping, great quality price ratio.
And about other how to draw books I have one I bought there called "How to draw manga : Putting things in perspective", which is very good, and my personal favorite, Pen and Ink, the Manga Start-Up Guide.
Pen and Ink only costed me about 6 $ and contains colour pages, all manga phases from sketching to ink and tone, and close up looks to the techniques used by great artists like Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun, Trigun Maximum), Oh!great and Satoshi Shiki. It also has alot of advice from storyline if you want to make a manga, to common mistakes when inking, making backgrounds,etc.

Btw, all thought this looks like a advertisement for Akadot, I speak for real when all the stuff I bought for them helped me, specially books.

EDIT: If you want you can P.M me and I scan my books of How To Draw manga, I have about 5 or 6 of them.

Last edited:

Ana Clara

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm looking for these too

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Does anybody know if there are some free versions of them in internet? (there are some old volumes like "how to draw manga: dressing you character in casual wear", but i'm not looking for them..)

Could you leave me a link?
If somebody knows some other good guides to draw manga (particulary how to draw perspective), could he/she leave me a link?
Thanks
Yeah, I don't wanna be that guy, but for anyone who doesn't morally object to it, it is very easy to find torrents for these books with a quick search on the Pirate Bay or a similar site.