Shounen - Immortal Regis by Ga On Bi & JUDER | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Immortal Regis by Ga On Bi & JUDER

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Immortal Regis

immortal regis chapters for vol 3 is all out on Onemanga.com
yehoo!

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I came in here to talk about this awesome series and all I get is people bitching about the speed meep-scans are going at. It's not gonna kill you to be patient meep do HQ stuff which is generally worth waiting for or offer them your help, this thread is basically just two pages of moaning... blegh, lame!

Unholy

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I came in here to talk about this awesome series and all I get is people bitching about the speed meep-scans are going at. It's not gonna kill you to be patient meep do HQ stuff which is generally worth waiting for or offer them your help, this thread is basically just two pages of moaning... blegh, lame!
Well it is not that usual bitching like "omg they suck because it takes forever to scan the manga", it is more like people complaing because someone is willing to do it as well prolly faster and the group dosent want it.

Now back on topic:
The manga is pretty good but something has being bothering me, besides the fact that being undead u need ur masters blood every 3 days does being "dead" has any other negative effects? Like would he start to root or something like? Because so far taking aside the the need for blood being "dead" seems way too good, u get to live longer, can do magic, has fast regenaration i see only positive points here.

caesarpk

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

well, from what I understood, it seemed like he is undead as long as he gets his master's blood, but if he runs out of "undead energy" sort of thing, he will be immobilized and die sooner or later
Also, when he regenerates himself, he sucks "life energy" from the surrounding, i.e. people, animals, fishes, trees, therefore endangering others
and one negative might be that he can never go back to being human, and that he sucks at magic. (don't know if that king Noche sucked at magic or not, so can't say all undead suck at magic
anyways, I enjoyed the recent releases quite a lot. wonder how's Jae Hyuk's gonna survive though
Also, owen was hilarious lol

Last edited:

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'm pretty sure that as time passes we will understand more about what being undead really entails, it's only volume 3 after all so I'm sure that it's only going to get more indepth.

unholy said:
Well it is not that usual bitching like "omg they suck because it takes forever to scan the manga", it is more like people complaing because someone is willing to do it as well prolly faster and the group dosent want it.
...so meep scans should've said although we have dedicated many many many many hours of our free time to this series and have brought it to the attention to the manga reading public. Why don't you jump on the bandwagon take all the momentum from our hardwork and kick us of now whilst we're gathering speed? Besides the quality of what meep scans puts out is very good no offence to Tal_Shiar or anything but their was a quality difference.

edit:
caesarpk said:
Also, owen was hilarious lol
Too true!!!

Tal_Shiar

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Lol, sure their was. And although quality is important, manga readers really only care about the story. Thus as long as the readers know whats happening, they do not mind the quality as much, at least that's how I see it (mind you I was a noob at it too :p).

Look, I got tired of waiting for them to come out with the manga. And I read many posts of people complaining about how slow the manga release was, and I was kinda upset when their only response was "we have lives too", and not giving us valid reasons or times of the releases. So I just decided to do it myself, and I did. The secondary effect that I hoped it would have was force meep-scans to realize that they were starting to upset their readers were getting upset.

P.S Had they been paying attention to their forum, they could have stopped me
long before I released my manga.

Let alone, what I did could be more considered as a creative complaint. Instead of wining
about how slow they where with their releases. I made my own Edited Manga, in order to
prove my point.

Last edited:

defected_saint

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hmm so its been ages since I've been to this site, they even changed the layout...I like the old format better but maybe thats because I'm not use to this. Anyway after waiting what seems like forever on meep I remember you can find almost anything on MH so here I am and this is what I find.

...so meep scans should've said although we have dedicated many many many many hours of our free time to this series and have brought it to the attention to the manga reading public. Why don't you jump on the bandwagon take all the momentum from our hardwork and kick us of now whilst we're gathering speed? Besides the quality of what meep scans puts out is very good no offence to Tal_Shiar or anything but their was a quality difference.
I'm sorry but uhm I'm going to have to say this is a very bias and stupid statement. Meep is a Editing group, no more no less. No matter how much time and energy they put into translating/scanning something they have no right to tell anybody not to scanlate something. They did not create Immortal Regis and they did not bring it to the attention of the manga reading public, they simply made it so english speaking people can access it. People do not know Immortal Regis because of Meep scans people know Meep scans because of Immortal Regis. If it was their true desire to introduce andand maintain the interest of people in the manga then they would welcome any help because Editing is not supposed to be about personal glory of who scanlated what its supposed to be about getting people manga, the end. And although I'm happy that Meep scan took the time to start Editing Immortal Regis they do NOT have any momentum and when riding a horse you kick it in the sides to make it move faster. People have been kicking Meep for months and they're still crawling.

Long story short Meep does not own any exclusive rights to Immortal Regis and as such they can NOT complain about other people attempting to do what they do, just faster. There are MANY manga that have MULTIPLE groups Editing them. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and even newer series like Psyren have more than one group scanning them. So I don't know what this "bandwagon" you speak of is but if you're a Editing group and you get behind, people are gonna get tired of waiting and find ways to get their damn manga. We don't owe Meep anything, if somebody else has the resources and ability to scan Immortal Regis faster than Meep then tough titty for them. Manga Editors/Subbing groups have to compete for popularity, you aren't gonna have a monopoly on a series forever. Especially not one as good as Immortal Regis is and more people are becoming aware of it. If you cant scan up to speed then you have no right to complain, thats all there is to it. Manga does not slow down to be scanned, it comes out on a continuous basis. They knew that when they started.

Tal_Shiar

Reaction score
Country
United States

Thanks guy's for supporting my actions,
It's really appreciated.

Now Alan, the only reason I stopped
making my translations was because meep's
translator willingly gave me the translations.
And I stopped because I did not want to place
him in a difficult situation. But if meep is still going
to be crawling like this, I'm gonna start finding a
way of undermining their monopoly.

miyavisoap

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

i love this manhwa!!! i have the raws til volume 6 ^^
the art is great too =]]

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks guy's for supporting my actions,
It's really appreciated.

Now Alan, the only reason I stopped
making my translations was because meep's
translator willingly gave me the translations.
And I stopped because I did not want to place
him in a difficult situation. But if meep is still going
to be crawling like this, I'm gonna start finding a
way of undermining their monopoly.
Good luck! Finding translators is far from easy as the forty plus pages in the translator recruitment section does tell you.

He also claimed he was trickered into giving you the translations as he thought you were from the group.

They did not create Immortal Regis and they did not bring it to the attention of the manga reading public, they simply made it so english speaking people can access it. People do not know Immortal Regis because of Meep scans people know Meep scans because of Immortal Regis.
This is nonsense so you're saying Meep scans had no hand in the current popularity of this series? So just based of the raws that were available there were still 900+ people with this on their reading list? When a group decides to put their faith in a series with no Edited Mangas and no current fanbase and start from chapter 1 people enjoying and being able to read the series is down to that. It's not something many groups are willing to do which you can probably tell from the many many groups who just jump on whatever is weekly or popular.

it comes out on a continuous basis.
...Umm, it's a complete series! Ended at volume 6. The chapters are not gonna go anywhere.

I would rather have a group that I know has good quality releases and have been around for a while and have the structure so that I can have faith that they will finish the series. Do you know how many new groups come out and die? People find out how much hard work it is and they just give up. I've seen situations were another group/person picks up a series that was being scanlated at a pace that was in their eyes at a slow pace and release it faster for a while then all of sudden they burn out because even lq releases take time. The original group has already dropped the project the new group are no more and then the project makes no progress it remains unfinished.

It's not too hard to learn how to get a bit better and then apply to join the group. Not too hard at all and the most effective way to help. Competition in Editing is not healthy on manga that do not have the fanbase to support it. Forcing groups to compete is what's causing a lot of bad blood in a community where people used to be more supportive of each other and members of new groups got to know one another.

Goodness only knows I learnt my lesson with Kekkaishi!

nighthawksw

Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't even know what this argument is about.

If a group can do it quickly, and the other does it higher quality; i don't even see the competition.

I appreciate the fast release when a group's behind, and i appreciate higher quality when it does eventually come out. Everybody prefers higher quality in the long run, but not everybody likes to wait. So you guys are handling two separate sides of the same coin.

I think it's totally absurd to have this much of an argument over whether or not somebody else has a right to release the same series -_-; Last i heard, neither group purchased copyrights, so really you're all free to do as you want. This argument kinda looks like an e-penis contest, except less direct insults; which i suppose is improvement.

I really like this series, <3 it really. Meep did an awesum thing to find and share this with the community now that i know they did it! But like was just said, groups die out at times; the more the better chance of it all getting done right? If everybody just found different mangas and manwhas to translate, we'd have a lot more to look through; but for people to start, they've gotta find a series that sparks their interest in many cases, thus you get two groups on the same thing.

That's not bad, it's promoting more possible groups to arise. That's GOOD. I'm sorry not everybody likes it, but i really think it's a bit crazy to say nobody else should ever translate/scanlate besides Meep. There's a bit too much pride and e-penis in that statement.

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I sort of get the feeling that you didnt read my last post all the way to the end or I didn't make it clear enough. Either way all I know is this thread is now officially derailed (well it has been since page 2).

So last thing I'll say on this and we can continue via pm's in order for this to not get out of hand.
If a group can do it quickly, and the other does it higher quality; i don't even see the competition.
Because as talshiar already posted in this thread people dont seem to care about quality anymore. I do, I really do but most readers dont. Therefore 95% of series dont have the fanbase to support two Manga Editors which will lead to one of the groups dropping the project or one of the groups dying. Or something which happens often HQ group loses 90% of their downloads and their motivation wanes they drop the series and then new speed lq group burn out, get bored or lose a key member and they die. Then nobody scanlates the series. I've seen these things happen too many times and I've read through too many series with a chunk of chapters in lq and I've also seen too many groups forced into competition because of having to compete for a series that can't hold them both up. It just creates bad blood and I hate lq...

nighthawksw

Reaction score
Country
United States

LQ sucks in that not only is it sometimes cleaned poorly, but the translations also don't make sense at times and i imagine are improperly translated ontop of that (as in they get a different meaning than was trying to be conveyed, as well as not making any sense). Yet i hate only being able to read manga/manhwa one chapter at a time; it's worlds more fulfilling and easier to dive into a series when you can read them in batches, and really fall into the world.

No matter how great the quality, if it's TOO slow, you can really fall completely out of a series. Even once a week made me fall out of some of the popular ones, like Greyman, Naruto, and Bleach~ though i do still read eyeshield. Deadman Wonderland for another example looked awesum when i first ran across it and read 10 chapters in one sitting. I luffed it, and followed it through till 13, but at this point i decided it's not worth waiting for it and decided not to bother with it. I dunno who is/was doing that one, but at this point i decided i was just gonna forget about it till it's finished. Not because i dislike it, just because i can't feel the same depth into the manga with the spacing between chapters.

And purely for arguments sake, i don't actually have a problem with this but just as a point:
The problem with a series finished in HQ is that besides to support the manga/manhwa, there's no point to actually buy the books when they are released then, lol. LQs give ya a good touch to it, but they're definitely not perfect, and nowhere near as valuable as a good quality once it's all done.

I'm sorry people in the HQ stuff lose motivation at not having as high of a download rate, but anybody interested in keeping a full version DOES go through HQ stuff; at least from who i've talked to. We just sometimes download through means besides the main group, such as going to #Lurk on mIRC. They've got massive collections, and it makes it easy for people to find the stuff they're looking for. I always check there after i finish the chapters on onemanga or something is recommended that i can't find elsewhere. It's a great fall-back. But the main groups may not know their stuff is being hit/downloaded quite as much as it is. Or anywhere near as much as it truly is.

Immortal Regis is top 150 on OneManga.com, and all of it is MEEP scans. But the numbers from all those readers prolly don't show up on your website. Or anybody else that does HQ scans.

I can understand volunteer stuff requiring some sort of fulfillment, and it's a great service; but you're setting yourself up for disappointment by looking at numbers.

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Deadman wonderland is monthly the next chapter will be published in Japan on August the 26th and because it's a magazine with not many public series snoopycool scan in their own raws from the mag so it should take them a few days after that to get it out.

I use lurk a lot as do other people. I also know what you're saying about numbers but look at it like this. You release a chapter it gets 5000 downloads in the first 24 hours (made up number) this is inspite of all the online readers and people uploading their own mirrors and irc sites or torrents and whatever. A new lq speed group comes along and releases then next time you release your hq chapter it gets 200 downloads in the first 24 hours that means that 4800 downloaders plainly do not care about the quality you tried your best to achieve with your releases. It's hard for people to not lose heart over such a drop. Also, the high quality group will get less applications even when they ask for help to get out higher releases as people will not want to read a tutorial and work to get good enough to edit to hq level when they can just join the speed group download photoshop and go minimal skills and effort needed.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Offtopic reminder: We have a thread to discuss the issue with multiple Edited Mangas right here. If you want to drag this topic further, please do it there.

But this here is the Immortal Regis discussion thread, so please stay ontopic and discuss this nice manhwa. Keep the group fights out of it, thank you.

Alan Smithee said:
...Umm, it's a complete series! Ended at volume 6. The chapters are not gonna go anywhere.
The description at MU says "Note that the First 6 Volumes are just a Prelude of the real story : 심연의 카발리어." - do you know anything about this matter?
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=16177

miyavisoap

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

eni-san, immoral regis is something like prelude of immoral regis 2:심연의 카발리어.
ive got NO idea how the translate that... haha....
anyway no volumes are out yet because there are only 3 or 4 chapters currently.
we probably have to wait a few months for a volume to come out =/

defected_saint

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yes Alan that's exactly what I'm saying. Like I said, meep is not the reason Immortal Regis is so popular, it just expanded it's audience. It doesn't matter who scans it, as long as it gets scanned. Do you look at NBC because you like sports, or do you look at sports because you like NBC. People like Immortal Regis because they like Immortal Regis, if meep stopped scanning it right now and another group picked it up most people aten't gonna care as long as they can read the Manhwa. In any case meep released chapter 29 not too long ago.....................yea.

And I know its a complete series, I meant that as a general statement. But somebody needs to start scanning this, the raws are there, I have some myself I just stopped looking at them cause it sucks not to be able to read it and not know when the scans will be out.

EDIT:
The sequel is called Cavalier of the Abyss and there are currently 3 chapters out so IR was a prequel. I have high hopes for the new series...once i finish IR..........................whenever meep scans the rest.

Last edited:

Turtle Pirate

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

wow, i haven't been here in a while and I learned nothing new until these last 3 posts...

had no idea this was a prequel and that it was already finished and that there were already chapters out for the sequel. Kind of got me excited... except I can't start until i finish imortal regis...

I just had a thought, why dont the people doing Cavalier of the Abyss finish up immortal regis and then go back to CotA, or will this tick off meep?

Dark-Knights

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

I just had a thought, why dont the people doing Cavalier of the Abyss finish up immortal regis and then go back to CotA, or will this tick off meep?
(MacKnight of Meep-Scans here).

Oh, it WILL tick us off...
And many perhaps don't know this but, before i joined Meep, after IR ch4 was released.
If I hadent joined Meep, and brought some speed on IR, it would still be on vol.2
But now, Its on the end of vol.6, AND THAT IS THANKS TO ME AND NAT!
And i don't think you wanna scan Meeps mangas... Bad things will happen..

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Immortal Regis by Ga On-Bi & Juder

Just checked out COTA and it's pretty cool. Not sure why it's not in the manga database here. But will probably make time to read IR.