In any universe, you are my dark star | Page 139 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

In any universe, you are my dark star

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I doubt she wants to be pregnant ten times...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Charlie Found out that four of the kids are adopted, but I still think @destiny4ever wants to be pregnant six times

Anyway, I met three of the kids in an interesting way. One of the older kids were keeping an eye on the two younger ones (toddlers?) and they were walking around the neighborhood. I went out to get something from my mom’s SUV when I heard the girl shouted, “No, she’s not your mommy!” I turned around to see a little boy was running toward me while crying, “Mommy!” Luckily, his older sister managed to catch up to him and held him back.

I was like, “Hello, I’m not your mommy.” It was so awkward since the boy was still crying so I waved goodbye and head back to the house. I dunno why he thinks I was his mommy but yeah. :XD

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Awwww maybe he missed his mom?
Well that was acute story glad you're getting along with the neighbors.
And yeah destiny's say she has no interest in bearing a football team :lmao.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I haven’t met the whole family yet lol

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You're adopting your neighbours kid? That's very brave of you to help them with the multitude of children they seem to have. :wowsoBOB

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, obviously. After all, I do have seven pets :cookiehand

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
I meant in reference to your comment about her adopting the neighbors kids. Guess it was a bad joke not expressed properly. :)

Well, obviously. After all, I do have seven pets :cookiehand
True and anyone that can name a pet after me is a person with a kind heart ❤.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
My mom told me that she saw all ten kids (including the one who thought I was his mom) lined up on the driveway doing and repeating some routine. I guess the parents’ style is like the Von Trapp family...

@destiny4ever Do you know what your school district is planning for the upcoming school year? Based on what I’ve learned, one school district is doing a A day/B day schedule (two days in-school, three days online learning and switch the next week) and another one is doing a A week/B week schedule (one week at school, the next week, online learning).

TBH, I would prefer the A day/B day scheduling.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you know what your school district is planning for the upcoming school year? Based on what I’ve learned, one school district is doing a A day/B day schedule (two days in-school, three days online learning and switch the next week) and another one is doing a A week/B week schedule (one week at school, the next week, online learning).

TBH, I would prefer the A day/B day scheduling.
Hey riki!
The Ministry of Education hasn’t said anything yet, but the owner of the school told us that he is planning to do everything online, just like we did for the past few months.

And tbh, I am glad that he decided that because I don’t think we are ready to go back to in-person schooling yet. In fact, I am afraid of going back to in-person schooling.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Understandably. I know some parents are nervous about sending their kids to school. Likewise, I talked to some teachers and while they are eager to see their students, they’re nervous about getting the virus. It doesn’t help that there is an increase in the last few weeks...

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Understandably. I know some parents are nervous about sending their kids to school. Likewise, I talked to some teachers and while they are eager to see their students, they’re nervous about getting the virus. It doesn’t help that there is an increase in the last few weeks...
I don’t think it is safe going back to school yet. Children are children, which means that it will be super difficult, if not impossible, to have them followed all the bio-security measures. So the risk of infection is going to present no matter what. Instead of focusing on the teaching and learning, teachers will be focused of making sure of the children follow the procedures and don’t get too close to one another and all the stuff children normally do. I don’t think it is a good idea going back to in-person schooling yet, and even though they say the chances of children getting infected is very low, what about the teachers? The students’ parents or grandparents? I rather strengthen the online teaching system for the next school year….

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Same here. I read that there’s going to be a substitute teacher shortage because there would be some teachers won’t be working due to health concerns.

@destiny4ever Looks like there is a change of plans. Now the school districts are doing remote learning until the end of this year due to the increase of coronavirus cases here.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Riki! How are you? Have you gone back to school yet?

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, destiny! I’m doing fine; just busy with pharmacy tech work. One school district is starting tomorrow while another one is starting next week. When does yours begin?

I don’t have a lot of sub jobs yet (just one in September) but based on what I found out so far, teachers will be in the classrooms to teach online materials.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, destiny! I’m doing fine; just busy with pharmacy tech work.
Are you studying to become one?

One school district is starting tomorrow while another one is starting next week. When does yours begin?
We begin on September 1st. Everyone is going to start the online way.

I don’t have a lot of sub jobs yet (just one in September) but based on what I found out so far, teachers will be in the classrooms to teach online materials.
That is crazy. I mean, you can teach online materials online. So why would you risk the teachers, the students, their families to do that?

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you studying to become one?
I’m already one (state certified). I work in a retail pharmacy, which has its ups and downs.

We begin on September 1st. Everyone is going to start the online way.
Nice

That is crazy. I mean, you can teach online materials online. So why would you risk the teachers, the students, their families to do that?
The students will be at home, but the teachers will be in the school. I’m thinking it’s because of better internet and they have the resources in the school.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m not really teaching online per se. We’re doing a hybrid model so I see the kids in person.

But yeah, teaching that to ESL/ELL students would be confusing :XD Whenever a kid asks about it, I just tell them that English is weird.