Character - International Characters Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character International Characters Discussion Thread

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Your first dot point is the strongest theory. And while I agree, it would be a waste of time to hype-mention Medanore then never do anything else with him. Amadeus and Byodoin can settle their match off-site, after the tournament. Amadeus, Tokugawa, and Ryoma all want to fight Byodoin. Surely someone from Spain will too since Byodoin learned Bullfighting of Spain. It seems like Byodoin has a connection to many countries except Germany.

I do hope Spain will make an appearance soon, whether its flashback/minor scene. The fanbook did say "Other powerhouse countries".

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
And while I agree, it would be a waste of time to hype-mention Medanore then never do anything else with him.
Well, I'm not saying he fell off the face of the earth. He just strikes me as the ideal tool to hype whoever is going to play S1 in the finals (whether that's Amadeus or Ryoga is irrelevant for this point). The reason for this is simple: Japan will probably defeat Volk in the semis, so with them having overcome the current "strongest", there needs to be an even stronger guy for the finals. And what better way to do that than have that person beat the guy who is rumored to have greater potential than Volk?

In reverse, Amadeus actually doesn't work for this role anymore since Konomi confirmed in the Q&A that Volk > Amadeus at the moment.

I do hope Spain will make an appearance soon, whether its flashback/minor scene. The fanbook did say "Other powerhouse countries".
It did, but that would be more impressive if the same page didn't show England (got destroyed by France), Aramenoma (crushed by Ryoma and Kintarou) and TUBE (didn't even make it out of their group). If Konomi had put South Africa on that page instead of Spain and then given the Spanish at least a full country page, this argument might hold some water, but I don't find it particularly convincing with things as they are.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So the powerhouse countries were UK, Aramenoma, and TUBE? No one else?

Amadeus only works for Byodoin. No one else. After reading that Q & A, that's what made me think Spain will be in the finals.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The Q & A said Volk > Amadeus. While Medanore > Volk is mentioned in the chapters. So Medanore > Volk > Amadeus.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nadal, I mean Medanore will be great. Who is Spain facing anyway?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nadal, I mean Medanore will be great. Who is Spain facing anyway?
Presumably Russia in the quarters and Switzerland/America in the semis.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Lol.

Going back to this thread.

Sir Kaoz made a mistake of not believing Spain to go to Finals

Ryoga Joining Spain and Nanjiroh being their coach change the dynamics though

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I mean, I would guess American in the final or semi and Germany in the other one myself.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I mean, I would guess American in the final or semi and Germany in the other one myself.
Yes, especially after Ryoma hype the hell out of USA when he said USA will surely beat Japan that time. Ryoga and Ryoma were both in US that time