Quarterfinal - Irene vs DiMaria | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Irene vs DiMaria

Who wins this QF battle?

• Irene

Votes: 65 87.8%
  • DiMaria

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Irene wins.

DiMaria gets beat up. And then Irene tortures DiMaria by tying her to something (chair/boulder), and DiMaria keeps mentioning Brandish "Randi...!"

Rest well DiMaria. You have done your best :emocat (probably even worse than Irene vs Gajeel :emocat)

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Irene takes this. Once upon a time, my stance on Age Seal was that it manipulated time directly and thus was irrespective of the opponent's magic power. Clearly that is not the case. DiMaria and Brandish are equals imo, and we saw the difference in an Irene enchanted Neinhart. I'd say Age seal won't be enough to hold down high level mages, and that really is DiMaria's only shot in this battle

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene low diff. Another easy winner. Irene def has a counter to Age Seal. She wouldn't be up there for the strongest spot if she didn't have one.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Eileen massacres her, she's the strongest female spriggan for a reason.
Age Seal is useless here, only criteria for bypassing it is being stronger than Chronos, which Eileen obviously is, even without her enormous magic power.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dimaria oneshots.

Irene won't even get a chance to turn dragon if she gets Age Seal'd from the start.

Dimaria > Wendy

Irene < Wendy

So Dimaria > Irene.

And for people saying it was stated that "Irene is the strongest woman in Alvarez"...

I wonder how many people also believe that "Mavis is the greatest tactician that ever lived".

Once again, I go by their performance, and not mere words from pointless pages.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene wins. I wouldn't say "low diff" though. In fact, I think Human Irene and Dimaria are closely matched.

Attack Power - Neither. Dimaria uses hax and Irene specializes in enchantments.

Durability - Tie. Dimaria took a punch from DF Wendy without any damage whatsoever and even tanked a combined attack from Wendy + Chelia. Meanwhile, Irene tanked actual spells from Erza and Wendy (albeit taking some heavy damage).

Speed - Dimaria. Her Chronos form definitely allows her to blitz Irene like Erza + Wendy did.

Magic Power - Irene. Being the strongest female Spriggan pretty much reinforces this.

I don't see Intelligence or Versatility being a factor in this fight (though I do believe Irene is more versatile). In my opinion, the real game-changer here is Dragon Irene. She'll gain the upper hand in attack power, durability, and possibly even speed (if she is serious). So, yes, I see Irene struggling in the beginning but she'll eventually take the win. Medium Difficulty.

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It wouldn't be surprising if Irene would have enchantments to counter age seal.

But since even without it, since we're only basing on feats of course, Irene would still win due to MP difference.

Enchanted Nineheart was able to bypass Brandish's magic after being enchanted by Irene. And I think Brandish and Dimaria is pretty much on the same ballpark as far as MP is concerned.

And Age Seal didn't work on a "awakening END" and Irene's MP should easily be at the very least equal to it.

So yeah, Irene takes this.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't know who to vote for. If Irene can deal with Age Seal though, then Irene wins.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Irene wins with her dragon form but can she stop age seal In Her human form

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I don't see why Irene could not enchant herself to be immune to Age seal.

Anyway...
Irene enchants Dimaria into a toad. Then steps on her with very snazzy high heels.

Proceeds to strut the runway like the Queen she is before being crowned America's Next Top Model.

Reactions: Tio

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't see why Irene could not enchant herself to be immune to Age seal.

Anyway...
Irene enchants Dimaria into a toad. Then steps on her with very snazzy high heels.

Proceeds to strut the runway like the Queen she is before being crowned America's Next Top Model.
Enchanting others into something is restricted. :p

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I'm not as against the train thought of "higher magic power means Age Seal is ineffective" as I was, I still don't know about that. Again, for all we know END passed through Age Seal cause he's END, Zeref's strongest Etherious. Dimaria said something like "his power even exceeds the gods" referring to Chronos and her God Soul. However it's more pointing to those who magic power exceed hers can pass through so I digress. Can't say the same for Command T which we saw Brandish use it on August so that theory is out the window, Neinhart simply couldn't be affected by her due to it being a different type of magic power.

My thoughts but yeah Irene stomps in dragon form, sorry bae

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Irene mid diff in human form no diff in dragon form.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I'm not as against the train thought of "higher magic power means Age Seal is ineffective" as I was, I still don't know about that. Again, for all we know END passed through Age Seal cause he's END, Zeref's strongest Etherious. Dimaria said something like "his power even exceeds the gods" referring to Chronos and her God Soul. However it's more pointing to those who magic power exceed hers can pass through so I digress. Can't say the same for Command T which we saw Brandish use it on August so that theory is out the window, Neinhart simply couldn't be affected by her due to it being a different type of magic power.

My thoughts but yeah Irene stomps in dragon form, sorry bae
that because august let her heal him that doesnt mean it would be effective if he was trying to fight her.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dimaria oneshots.

Irene won't even get a chance to turn dragon if she gets Age Seal'd from the start.

Dimaria > Wendy

Irene < Wendy

So Dimaria > Irene.

And for people saying it was stated that "Irene is the strongest woman in Alvarez"...

I wonder how many people also believe that "Mavis is the greatest tactician that ever lived".

Once again, I go by their performance, and not mere words from pointless pages.
lol wendy>irene thats funny

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
that because august let her heal him that doesnt mean it would be effective if he was trying to fight her.
She's still used her magic on him, healing by shrinking the wounds is apart of her magic. So we can't say Command T doesn't work on those who magic power exceeds Brandish cause she used it on August. Enchanted Neinhart's magic power is different from base Neinhart, we just have to chalk it up as Irene's prowess in enchantments bro.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
She's still used her magic on him, healing by shrinking the wounds is apart of her magic. So we can't say Command T doesn't work on those who magic power exceeds Brandish cause she used it on August. Enchanted Neinhart's magic power is different from base Neinhart, we just have to chalk it up as Irene's prowess in enchantments bro.
it obviously that august reduce his MP down enough for her to use her magic. just like how brandish was with lucy. brandish admited that END>her so r u gonna saying END>august too??

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
it obviously that august reduce his MP down enough for her to use her magic. just like how brandish was with lucy. brandish admited that END>her so r u gonna saying END>august too??
That's speculation what you're saying though, also when did Brandish admit END was stronger than her? I don't see why people can't accept Neinhart's magic power was simply enchanted to where Brandish's magic couldn't work on him, nothing else to it

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
That's speculation what you're saying though, also when did Brandish admit END was stronger than her? I don't see why people can't accept Neinhart's magic power was simply enchanted to where Brandish's magic couldn't work on him, nothing else to it
When Brandish was trying to heal Natsu's tumour and when her magic didn't work on it she said "it is something whose power far exceeds mine".Though i believe August allowed Randy to heal her.After all it is Caster Magic and it shouldn't work on August.

Status
Not open for further replies.