Round of 16 - Irene vs. Misaki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Irene vs. Misaki

Who wins?

• Irene Belserion

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • Misaki

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Voting and Discussion ends: August 14th, 2022

CharactersInfo and limitations
Irene BelserionCan use dragon form
Misaki

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Eileen for me. She was the one who push Erza to her best level. Her enchant mastery can be a very hard counter against Misaki, even in her dimension. If Erza could take over her dimension by her own MP, I expect Eileen to do the same without too much problem.

Misaki is strong but Eileen is just on another level.

Last edited:

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Irene for me
She could probably take over Misaki's dimension just like Erza because she has crazy MP but before that she's also Misaki's hard counter :
She can fly so no restriction of movement for her and she can probably even enchant the Blue dimension into her own instead of forcefully taking it over with her sheer MP.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Irene monster

Reactions: Jko

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Eileen for me. She was the one who push Erza to her best level. Her enchant mastery can be a very hard counter against Misaki, even in her dimension. If Erza could take over her dimension by her own MP, I expect Eileen to do the same without too much problem.

Misaki is strong but Eileen is just on another level.
Misaki isn't strong please she can't do much outside her dimension once you're relative to current Erza she's fucked
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Y'all should stop hyping misaki..... she's fodder for anyone relative to Erza in mp. Once you bypass her blue dimension she's a goner easy as that
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Misaki isn't strong please she can't do much outside her dimension once you're relative to current Erza she's fucked
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Y'all should stop hyping misaki..... she's fodder for anyone relative to Erza in mp. Once you bypass her blue dimension she's a goner easy as that
Irene wins this mid-diff, this is me being nice

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Irene takes this fairly well

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
One of the Domus fights from some time ago. And my opinion has not changed.
Irene low diffs Misaki. Complete mismatch and counter in all abilities.
Erza's magic power could overwrite Misaki's dimension. Irene on the other hand whose magic power has the same feel as Erza's but is in a completely different tier of power, would crumble the dimension away.
Misaki cant immobilize Irene since she can fly, even without her dragon form. And with enchant Irene could overturn Misaki's dimension and use it against her or just nuke her with atmospheric enchantments, turn her into a chair, make her clothes into bombs, take away her dragon slayer magic etc. And then there is Irene's dragon form, which imo does not even need to be used. So yeah.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Irene on the other hand whose magic power has the same feel as Erza's but is in a completely different tier of power
Any proof of this?
Current Erza is a lot stronger than x792 Erza

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Irene of course, poor Misaki😢
If Irene finds out that she humiliated (Hair cut) Erza, OOOfff.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Any proof of this?
Current Erza is a lot stronger than x792 Erza
Debatable how much stronger but yes i agree stronger than eos og but not that much.
Not sure what your point is though, unless you believe Erza is as powerful if not stronger in magic power than Irene and August?

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Debatable how much stronger but yes i agree stronger than eos og but not that much.
By Erza's own words, Laxus was a lot stronger when she faced him, than in x792. And this was before he even pulled out RL, which is another boost

And the gap between Erza and Laxus shrunk between x792 and Aldo arc.

Just by scaling based off this, we can conclusively say that current Erza >> x792 Erza

Not sure what your point is though, unless you believe Erza is as powerful if not stronger in magic power than Irene and August?
It is very much possible, though I have no way of proving it.

How would x792 Erza's MP compare to Mard Geer?

Mard was a lot more menacing in Tartarus arc, than August/Eileen in Alverez arc. The dude literally shrugged off full on assault from x791 DF Natsu without any injuries, while a fill on assault from x792 DF Natsu completely obliterated FH Zeref's body (FH Zeref >> base Zeref > August/Eileen)

So, was x792 Erza's MP higher than Mard Geer's magic/curse power? I can't say for sure since there is no means of direct comparison, and since he no sold pretty much everything that wasn't slayer advantage. But if I had to make a guess, I'll say yeah.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
You mean increased, right? Laxus improved alot. We dont have any statement about erza

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
By Erza's own words, Laxus was a lot stronger when she faced him, than in x792. And this was before he even pulled out RL, which is another boost

Just by scaling based off this, we can conclusively say that current Erza >> x792 Erza
Sorry had to go for a jog.
Erza only said that Laxus is stronger than she expected, not that he is so much stronger then Alvarez Laxus. And Lax on the other hand said that he will show her the ability he picked up during his fight against Wahl. Sure he probably learned to use it better but even then Erza was still questioning if thats all Laxus could do. Which gives me the idea that Erza grew more then Laxus did, in the months before the 100YQ. Plus logically Erza did no see Laxus's full power during the entire war, so im not sure how she measured that.

Erza on the other hand has new utility that she got from Wendy, which is a pretty great boost, despite that are her 100YQ feats actually better then Alvarez. Just an example; in Alvarez Erza could shoot down RoT Acno from the sky like he was some fodder wyvern, while 100YQ Erza could do absolutely nothing to Merc who was at half strength (which means this Merc would be dinner to Acno).

Now for Irene. Just look at what only a part of her magic power does to Spiderman and scale it to the city. And thats Irene as a personality using only part of her power and Wendy's body.

Now back to Erza, yes i can definitely say that current Erza as a combatant is stronger then Alvarez Erza, and probably in magic power as well. That would be the most logical thing to say, but contrary to some feats, i wouldnt say by that much. And i would say that combatwise Erza would give Irene trouble, but in a contest of magic power and prowess its no contest for Irene. There has yet to be a human in 100YQ where the FT characters actually say that their magic power is so overwhelmingly huge that they never felt something like this before, and back in the day that was a low spriggan. Irene and August were dimensions apart from the other spriggans.

How would x792 Erza's MP compare to Mard Geer?

Mard was a lot more menacing in Tartarus arc, than August/Eileen in Alverez arc. The dude literally shrugged off full on assault from x791 DF Natsu without any injuries, while a fill on assault from x792 DF Natsu completely obliterated FH Zeref's body (FH Zeref >> base Zeref > August/Eileen)

So, was x792 Erza's MP higher than Mard Geer's magic/curse power? I can't say for sure since there is no means of direct comparison, and since he no sold pretty much everything that wasn't slayer advantage. But if I had to make a guess, I'll say yeah.
Hm not sure how i would compare MP with CP. But Alvarez Erza is beating Mard Geer imo, but with difficulty. FT made it clear that they grew a lot stronger during the timeskip and Mashima himself stated that the spriggans are the strongest characters introduced yet (not sure what he meant by that since we had Zeref and Acno lol).

Overall i think 100YQ Erza is as strong as Alvarez Laxus, while 100YQ Laxus is only slightly more powerul then Alvarez Lax. Would that make sense? Well i guess Laxus is now even more powerful with the dragon soul he consumed.

Last edited:

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
How did you go f rom here
Erza only said that Laxus is stronger than she expected, not that he is so much stronger then Alvarez Laxus. And Lax on the other hand said that he will show her the ability he picked up during his fight against Wahl. Sure he probably learned to use it better but even then Erza was still questioning if thats all Laxus could do.
To here

Which gives me the idea that Erza grew more then Laxus did, in the months before the 100YQ

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
How did you go f rom here

To here
By nitpicking dialogue and monologue from official release, might have been too much lol :hmmwas it too nonsensical of a statement.
Hm, how would Alvarez Erza vs Alvarez Laxus go in your opinion? Would it be the same as in the Aldo arc?

sorry Kiki for going off topic

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Sorry had to go for a jog.
Erza only said that Laxus is stronger than she expected, not that he is so much stronger then Alvarez Laxus. And Lax on the other hand said that he will show her the ability he picked up during his fight against Wahl. Sure he probably learned to use it better but even then Erza was still questioning if thats all Laxus could do. Which gives me the idea that Erza grew more then Laxus did, in the months before the 100YQ. Plus logically Erza did no see Laxus's full power during the entire war, so im not sure how is she measuring.

Erza on the other hand has new utility that she got from Wendy, which is a pretty great boost, but except for her battle against Laxus, are her 100YQ feats actually better then Alvarez. Just an example; in Alvarez Erza could shoot down RoT Acno from the sky like he was some fodder wyvern, while 100YQ Erza could do absolutely nothing to Merc who was at half strength (which means this Merc would be dinner to Acno).

Now for Irene. Just look at what only a part of her magic power does to Spiderman and scale it to the city. And thats Irene as a personality using only part of her power and Wendy's body.

Now back to Erza, yes i can definitely say that current Erza as a combatant is stronger then Alvarez Erza, and probably in magic power as well. That would be the most logical thing to say, but contrary to some feats, i wouldnt say by that much. And i would say that combatwise Erza would give Irene some trouble but in a contest of magic power and prowess its no contest for Irene. There has yet to be a human in 100YQ where the FT characters actually say that their magic power is so overwhelmingly huge that they never felt something like this before, and back in the day that was a low spriggan. Irene and August were dimensions apart from the other spriggans.
Ok, she said he is much stronger than she thought he was. Which is again something she wouldn't think of, if he didn't grow a lot since x792.
Erza did see that Laxus was about to one shot (or at least severely injure) Ajeel. So, she has something to compare.

Erza shooting down an Acno which didn't even resist (cause he is mindless and acts on instinct only against weaknesses such as other DS, ship etc) doesn't mean anything at all. All it needs is physical strength to move that amount of mass. This is same thing that Makarov did in Tenrou arc, which is even more impressive cause Acno was actually sane and was resisting ever so slightly.

Ok, Nebal was fodder. Even after DF he had some trouble putting down Wendy. While Kyria casually one shotted her with a roar. Yes, it was only partial power of Eileen, but it was only really used against the weakest DE

How would we conclusively say that Eileen is far superior to Erza in magic power? This is the thing.........I can very well accept that I can't prove Erza does have MP on/above Eileen, but the same holds for the reverse as well. We have no means for direct comparison.
Also, Erza actually said that Suzaku was powerful beyond reason. So, there is at least one character having that "hype" in 100YQ.

Hm not sure how i would compare MP with CP. But Alvarez Erza is beating Mard Geer imo, but with difficulty. FT made it clear that they grew a lot stronger during the timeskip and Mashima himself stated that the spriggans are the strongest characters introduced yet (not sure what he meant by that since we had Zeref and Acno lol).
The thing is, from x791 to x792, Erza wasn't even stated to have trained. She spent part of her time in some cake shop, part of her time as sky for Crime Sorciere.
So, on what basis is she a lot stronger from x791 to x792, but not from x792 to x793?
In fact, the only one who trained his ass off was Natsu. And Laxus, to a lesser extend. Mashima doesn't care for logic, training etc, characters simply scale to keep portrayal intact.
Point being, they trained more/less isn't much of a valid reason IMO, cause Mashima doesn't care. If anything, at least we have the verbal confirmation from Natsu that he trains every day lol, so we can at least assume Natsu grew a lot stronger, so just by scaling to Natsu, Erza did as well.

As for "Spriggans are the strongest characters yet", I'm pretty sure he meant it as a collective (like Tartarus, OS etc).
Cause, even disregarding obvious outliers like Acno and Zeref, and even other possible contenders like Mard Geer and Hades (with GH). There are many other characters who are also stronger than Spriggans:
- 5 parent dragons (they all would fodderize Spriggans)
- GMG dragons (well, with possible exceptions of top 3 and God Serena)
- Animus (he tanked several hits from an all out assault from x792 DF Natsu, in one of his most dragonized forms. In contrast, dragon Eileen got one shot )

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
By nitpicking dialogue and monologue from official release, might have been too much lol :hmmwas it too nonsensical of a statement.
Hm, how would Alvarez Erza vs Alvarez Laxus go in your opinion? Would it be the same as in the Aldo arc?

sorry Kiki for going off topic
i couldn't follow the logic in your post.

I would say it would be same.
Nothings indicates erza improved more
People like grey matter or seven777 were too much invested in laxus being far superior to erza and thats why they are trying to say that it's erza who improved more, even though, there is no statement in the manga backing it.

Since everyone of relevance improved equally, yeah, the battle should be same.
(Hint, first time skip, jellal with SO and seven years, still seems to be around laxus, who only had three months training)

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
i couldn't follow the logic in your post.

I would say it would be same.
Nothings indicates erza improved more
People like grey matter or seven777 were too much invested in laxus being far superior to erza and thats why they are trying to say that it's erza who improved more, even though, there is no statement in the manga backing it.

Since everyone of relevance improved equally, yeah, the battle should be same.
(Hint, first time skip, jellal with SO and seven years, still seems to be around laxus, who only had three months training)
Sorry if i sounded nonsensical.
So the way i saw it at the very least, Erza could not defeat a spriggan on her own. She was outmatched against Ajeel, and was more or less defeated by Neinhart albeit she was injured that time. On the other hand we got Laxus who when he got cured and gained his red lightning basically one shotted Wahl. So im really not sure if their battle would go the same. Im kinda leaning towards that Laxus would dominate her quite a bit more then in 100YQ.
So forward to 100 YQ, Laxus barely won against Erza, to the point that some say it was a draw. So who improved more? Then again everyones prowess improved equally like you said and Mashima is just all over the place with power levels like always lol.

Ok, she said he is much stronger than she thought he was. Which is again something she wouldn't think of, if he didn't grow a lot since x792.
Erza did see that Laxus was about to one shot (or at least severely injure) Ajeel. So, she has something to compare.

Erza shooting down an Acno which didn't even resist (cause he is mindless and acts on instinct only against weaknesses such as other DS, ship etc) doesn't mean anything at all. All it needs is physical strength to move that amount of mass. This is same thing that Makarov did in Tenrou arc, which is even more impressive cause Acno was actually sane and was resisting ever so slightly.

Ok, Nebal was fodder. Even after DF he had some trouble putting down Wendy. While Kyria casually one shotted her with a roar. Yes, it was only partial power of Eileen, but it was only really used against the weakest DE

How would we conclusively say that Eileen is far superior to Erza in magic power? This is the thing.........I can very well accept that I can't prove Erza does have MP on/above Eileen, but the same holds for the reverse as well. We have no means for direct comparison.
Also, Erza actually said that Suzaku was powerful beyond reason. So, there is at least one character having that "hype" in 100YQ.
Lol i forgot about Ajeel :tem but again Ajeel himself stated that that would not have downed him (then again he is an arrogant idiot so you might have a point here). I see what you mean about Acno, but i disagree with you on that. Even as a mindless monster this should not have worked on him. This is RoT Acno, a far stronger version then Tenrou Acno. Makarov didnt do a thing. Like Zeref said Acno was playing with ants, and like Gildarts said he wasnt even serious. Compare that to a mindless rabid dog who was planning to destroy the world.

As for Eileen and Erza MP thing, i go by feats, portrayal and i maybe some statements but yes its not like i can measure it lol and there is a DB number scaling.
Overall i would say that they are still not comparable. Portrayal wise i just cant see Erza's power to be like characters stated beyond comprehension and in a completely different dimension just like August and Irene, unless Mashima said Fuck it lol :XD
Oh, I forgot she said that about Suzaku. When did she say that? During their fight in Elentir?

The thing is, from x791 to x792, Erza wasn't even stated to have trained. She spent part of her time in some cake shop, part of her time as sky for Crime Sorciere.
So, on what basis is she a lot stronger from x791 to x792, but not from x792 to x793?
In fact, the only one who trained his ass off was Natsu. And Laxus, to a lesser extend. Mashima doesn't care for logic, training etc, characters simply scale to keep portrayal intact.
Point being, they trained more/less isn't much of a valid reason IMO, cause Mashima doesn't care. If anything, at least we have the verbal confirmation from Natsu that he trains every day lol, so we can at least assume Natsu grew a lot stronger, so just by scaling to Natsu, Erza did as well.
You answered that question yourself.
"Mashima doesn't care for logic, training etc, characters simply scale to keep portrayal intact." They all trained and got more powerful because Mashima needed them to be. The same could be said for 100YQ, some characters are way more powerful, but portrayalwise some only slightly, some none, etc. At least thats my take.

But yeah its FT power scaling 101 :xp

Sorry @Kiki for going so off topic here.

Anyways Irene stomps Misaki

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the way i saw it at the very least, Erza could not defeat a spriggan on her own. She was outmatched against Ajeel, and was more or less defeated by Neinhart albeit she was injured that time. On the other hand we got Laxus who when he got cured and gained his red lightning basically one shotted Wahl. So im really not sure if their battle would go the same. Im kinda leaning towards that Laxus would dominate her quite a bit more then in 100YQ.
But laxus beats wahl with pof. Erza beat ajeel with help.
In alverzec I would agree with you, but that would be pof laxus will dominate erza.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
But laxus beats wahl with pof. Erza beat ajeel with help.
In alverzec I would agree with you, but that would be pof laxus will dominate erza.
:tem ah shit, pof
You got me there lol
I didnt want to bring up pof, but yes a looooot of feats in Alvarez is pof feats, which is why some feats in Alvarez surpass some feats in 100YQ. Its a Pandora's box im not willing to open. Im not Jko lol :xp

Last edited: