Character - IRIE's TRUE STRENGTH | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character IRIE's TRUE STRENGTH

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am curious about Irie. He looks strong but he is not a member of Genius 10. In fact he is not a member of 11-20 last year. And he only beat the weakest no.20 to have a badge. Is Irie a secret weapon japan hiding under their sleeves??? Atobe almost beat him with AK if not for Atobe's injury. He also lose with atobe against Qp/Tezuka. So he looks underperformed. What do you think?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Irie is probably among the 5 strongest players in Japan before Tokugawa arrived (perhaps more doubles oriented?). He obviously threw those two matches you listed, and is hiding his true strength. I would expect him to play in the near future.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Irie is probably among the 5 strongest players in Japan before Tokugawa arrived (perhaps more doubles oriented?). He obviously threw those two matches you listed, and is hiding his true strength. I would expect him to play in the near future.
I agree with his match against atobe. Because he clearly win that. He just fake his shoulder injury.

He said that he is not serious when he play doubles against QP/Tezuka. But even if he is serious, I doubt they will win. In fact irie admitted that they will still lose if he is serious. Qp said he is only 1/10 of his power.

Having said all that, Irie for sure will be a secret weapon for japan.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Honestly, I reckon they would still lose but not because of him, but rather Atobe was way too outmatched there. Still, he would definitely not be left on the ground, maybe he would even get some games.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Honestly, I reckon they would still lose but not because of him, but rather Atobe was way too outmatched there. Still, he would definitely not be left on the ground, maybe he would even get some games.
So Irie can match QP. But Atobe is too weak for Tezuka? That means Irie is strong.

I think Irie is in the same level as Tane. Tane respects him. Tane said that he is frustrated playing against irie. And Tane is close to irie too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now that Tezuka Vs Yuki result will impact the match and lineup. I think Irie will play an appearance in D1 against germany.

Irie/Kintaro will be a great counter for bismarck/siegfried. Irie can easily annoyed bismarck. And Kintaro pop will counter siegfried POP

Irie Vs Volk looks like unlikely for me. I think Irie is not yet on that level.