Discussion - Is Crocodile Whitebeard's son? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Is Crocodile Whitebeard's son?

keeper1h

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
One thing is certain: If Crocodile was female I would like to see him returning to his former gender... only to see that ugly an threatening badass glare applied on a pretty girl's face. 100% sure that i would die laughing, but still :D

mabluefox

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Well, I don't think so, if there is something between WB and Cro, Oda sensei will disclose in the manga, like some hints about Luffy's family. Till the end of WB's life, he still think about his sons, no women.
And maybe yesterday, I've just read arc Alabasta again so... I still hate Crocodile :hip

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
is this thread a joke? lol..
it is impossible if croc is wb son..
if wb knew it.. he will hug him like he hugged squardo when croc attack him :P
i believe more on the croc is a woman theory than this theory lol..

wb dont have son.. if he have wg wont allow him to live like what they did to ace..
weeble is allowed to roam freely bcoz wg know he isnt wb son and he is stupid :P

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well, I don't think so, if there is something between WB and Cro, Oda sensei will disclose in the manga, like some hints about Luffy's family. Till the end of WB's life, he still think about his sons, no women.
And maybe yesterday, I've just read arc Alabasta again so... I still hate Crocodile :hip
I don't know, maybe this part of his past was concealed by Oda like he did other times.
Think about Arlong's past and his sister, Sabo and Dadan are other examples, and no one in the manga ever wonders about Luffy's mother, even Dragon.
We know nothing about Mister 2's past, and for some time we considered him as killed by Magellan... but still no "I'm parting this world, let's think about a significant episode in my life" flashback for him.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It just wouldn't make sense, Whitebeard forgave his adopted son (Squardo) to stab him, so why would Whitebeard then utterly defeat his legitimate son who is apparently Crocodile and go as far as even cutting off his hand?

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It just wouldn't make sense, Whitebeard forgave his adopted son (Squardo) to stab him, so why would Whitebeard then utterly defeat his legitimate son who is apparently Crocodile and go as far as even cutting off his hand?
Finally someone who gets it
Crocodile being WB's son/daughter doesn't even make sense at all... What Crocodile displayed was bitterness and hatred towards WB, because he beat the shit out of him before

Now, if he was his son, both WB and Crocodile's reaction would've been slightly different during the war, WB's death would've made Crocodile react a bit differently... Notice also that Crocodile completely gave up on WB after Jozu stopped him on his track and decided to side with the WB pirates and save Luffy

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I have already speculated about this, maybe WB was unaware of the real identity of Crocodile when they fought.
But this is only a simple theory of mine, and surely I am not the Master of Ultimate Truth™, maybe I'm wrong, maybe not. Time will tell.
(that Crocodile is Whitebeard's son coff coff)

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I have already speculated about this, maybe WB was unaware of the real identity of Crocodile when they fought.
But this is only a simple theory of mine, and surely I am not the Master of Ultimate Truth™, maybe I'm wrong, maybe not. Time will tell.
(that Crocodile is Whitebeard's son coff coff)
Hmm? Why won't Whitebeard know who is son is? What basis do you have to make such speculation that Whitebeard didn't know his son wass Crocodile? It's no different to me saying that Nami is Vice- Admiral Tsuru's daughter, nothing at all remotely hints to such a relationship between WB and Crocodile just as nothing hints that of Nami and Tsuru; it really seems like a stretch because it's speculation supporting speculation, very little if any proof from the manga alluding to this.

Last edited:

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well then if we assume that Weeble is WB's true son, then did the latter know about him? Was Weeble also part of WB's crew?
It can be one of two things, either WB knew or he didn't.Just replace Weeble with Crocodile.
Now realistically speaking I don't think WB would have knowingly not just injure his own son(Crocodile) assuming that's what happened, but also that he would abandon his real family, when all what he wanted is to have a family.And this works both for Weeble and Crocodile.
There's a lot of assumptions made when it comes to WB and Crocoboy,so atm I just think that the latter lost and he was bitter.I also don't think Weeble is WB's own son, but that's a different matter.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't think Weeble is his son either, seems like he's being manipulated; would be hilarious if he were Brownbeard's son, I'd be speechless, although won't entirely dismiss the possibility that he's Wb's son either, but really doubt it atm.

Zinc

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Weeble is like some mad scientist found a strand of hair of whitebeard and made it into a sperm and injected it into weeble's mother's womb and she gave birth to him

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Weeble is like some mad scientist found a strand of hair of whitebeard and made it into a sperm and injected it into weeble's mother's womb and she gave birth to him
Looking at his picture, maybe Gecko Moriah created him. He has stitches everywhere and a huge one around his head like it was attached to his body, it is odd. He might be WB's son by experimentation, but not via legitimate conception.. and that beard, can't even be certain it's real.

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hmm? Why won't Whitebeard know who is son is? What basis do you have to make such speculation that Whitebeard didn't know his son wass Crocodile? It's no different to me saying that Nami is Vice- Admiral Tsuru's daughter, nothing at all remotely hints to such a relationship between WB and Crocodile just as nothing hints that of Nami and Tsuru; it really seems like a stretch because it's speculation supporting speculation, very little if any proof from the manga alluding to this.
It's true, there's very little proof from the manga alluding to my theory, that's why I'm speculating.
But I don't think that I'm basing my theory on "deep fried air", because if you look at what Crocodile has done in the war, and if you do it thinking about a very resentful son that despite his killing intent has still some respect for his father, well... it really could be as I said.
Or maybe he's Tsuru's daughter. :cheez

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
[mod=ladylola]Please keep the tone of the discussion civil.[/mod]
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I gotta say this is currently one of my favorite theories about Crocodile. So his secret that Ivankov teased is not that he used to be a woman, rather that he's WB's own son .
But some things keep borthering me:
1-I don't think Crocodile knew about Ace being Roger's son, so I don't think he wanted to help Ace because of the fact that both hated their respective father. I think that Crocodile wanted to help him because he might have idolized Roger, and because he really didn't want the WG to have their way.
2-If he is his son, and WB knew then it doesn't really fit. We know they fought, Crocodile said as much. But if the scars and the hand he lost are the result of his fight with WB, then I doubt the latter would hurt him in such a way fully knowing it was his own son. Unless that was him educating his son, which is pretty extreme to say the least but given Crocodile's attitude he might have deserved it in a way. And overall the idea that WB would abandon his real family, whether with Crocodile or Weeble, to get a fake one doesn't make much sense to me. For me it has to be that WB was oblivious to the fact he had a son.
It could be he was in love with someone, but since he's a pirate he had to leave, perhaps not knowing that the girl was pregnant. Also she might have wanted to hide the truth, given that WB became a prominent pirate. The second possibility which is currently my favorite is that he thought his real family was dead.
In that case he could have never known his son survived. So Crocodile grew up hating his father, prolly because he saw it as him abandoning them.

And later on Crocodile tried to get revenge or simply wanted to prove his worth by defeating the strongest man alive.Similar to Ace.
And the similarities are striking now that I look at the pictures side to side.

I really want this theory to happen.

Last edited:

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

then any of you think that Crocodile was Weeble's brother?
or step brother if WB has many wife...

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't think that Weeble is WB's son, but I do think that maybe Hogback knows something about his strenght: in One Piece it doesn't matter if someone was dead centuries ago and his body is mummified - that body can be turned into a powerful soldier, if the guy was strong in life.
And there's that tomb out there, with a body ready to be stitched up... or maybe it was so wasted by what happened in the last battle that only some muscles could be saved? Anyway.
I think that the author wants to drag our attention on the idea of Whitebeard having a son. Why? I think that's because Crocodile is his son, and he needs an occasion to bring out this like it's not a single-page casual revelation in the midst of another story.