Voting Round 1 - Jack the Ripper vs. Nozel Silva | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Jack the Ripper vs. Nozel Silva

Who is the strongest?

• Jack the Ripper

• Nozel Silva

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Jack the Ripper
Nozel Silva

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is an interesting one. Both are very strong captains and very relative in power. The way I see it is that Nozel is more versatile and faster with his magic and Jack would murder him in brute force. This is going to be very tough for both sides but I'm going with Jack since his cut magic can cut almost anything and since he's a a top captain, he should be relative in other stats.

Both are lacking in feats so we have to go with pre-timeskip showings and none showed that there was a huge gap over the other. Being able to rival Yami for years would've definitely sharpened his overall skills and same for Nozel/Fuegeleon rivalry.

For those reasons I'm taking Jack.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
While both sides are pretty even and each have their own advantage, I would say that Nozel takes this. Jack can cut thru his mercury, but that really wouldn't stop it given it's a liquid. And given the poisonous nature of it, Nozel has options beside just simple brute force. Jack doesn't appear that tactical, so I can't see him doing anything but rushing straight in... And while Jack would win simply by slicing Nozel in half, his slashes weren't shown that hard to avoid for someone of Nozel's level.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'll go for Nozel as well.

Jack lacks versatility and tactics and his special technique takes a while to make effect and, even then, his slashes can be dodged by Nozel, who can even fly on a silver construct while Jack's unique magic offers him no mobility advantage that I can remember, other than being fast, but all captains are supposed to be fast.

Offensively, Nozel also has the advantage with his barrage of attacks, either with solid silver constructs or silver rain, that he can perform while maintaining a safe distance. Add to that what @Rikudou King mentioned of silver being heavily poisonous and that's something that Jack probably wouldn't even think of avoiding.

Jack is a good fighter, and he may be able to take down opponents that Nozel can't, but this looks like a mismatch to me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nozel for me. Nozel's mercury magic versatility is the key here, allowing for a strong defense and a relenetless offense with his mercury spears coming from multiple angles and silver rain, he will dictate the pace of this fight and have Jack on the defensive. Remember, Patry in his dark mode was having difficulty avoiding the spears and Jack doesn't have that type of speed. And once Nozel finishes prep for his Silver Star, it's curtains.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Why does this fight remind me of Byakuya vs Kenpachi so much?:XD

It's a hard choice, to me either one between these 2 can walk out of this as the winner. Both Nozel and Jack are incredible strong in their fields of expertise and magic. On one side i'd give it to Nozel for his incredibly strong Mercury Magic and his display against Patri but on the other hand we got Jack whose Magic can become a counter to practically anything and to top it off he is incredibly strong and fast. Nozel is fast but if Jack keeps attacking him he will be on the defensive unless he has a counter laid out to keep him from approaching while firing away at him from Long Distance...I'm gonna have to think on this a little more. :grumble

Reactions: Sky

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted Jack, but I really can't think of who'd actually win this fight. They are about even in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.