Fantasy - Jellal vs Misaki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Jellal vs Misaki

Jellal vs Misaki

• Jellal

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Misaki

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Tie

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Enraged Jellal

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Misaki

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
vs

Scenario 1:
After the reconfiguration of the labyrinth, Jellal falls in front of Misaki and she provokes him into a duel.
Who will postpone the victory? What difficulty ?

Scenario 2 :
Jellal appears after the first dimensional attack of Misaki dealing 5h of damage to Erza. Furious, he rushes to Misaki and starts the fight.
Who of Jellal and Misaki will win this fight ? With how much difficulty ?

Last edited:

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Though I enjoy scripts for fights, in this case I would make another setting. In this setting, if Jellal is furious it becomes a Neinhart 2.0 : he flexes his MP and blue dimension becomes starry night sky dimension, she freaks out and gets one shotted by enraged Grand Chariot.

A fight where he's not fueled by rage might me more interesting though !

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Though I enjoy scripts for fights, in this case I would make another setting. In this setting, if Jellal is furious it becomes a Neinhart 2.0 : he flexes his MP and blue dimension becomes starry night sky dimension, she freaks out and gets one shotted by enraged Grand Chariot.

I appreciate your answer. I don’t know if Jellal, even angry, can, like Erza, devour Misaki's dimension whose level of Magic is comparable to Gildarts.

As for Neinhart, the latter was mainly titanized by the insane energy deployed by Erza making the direct link with Eileen. He was shocked to see the Historias evaporate in fear. Yes, Jellal crushed him with his rage, but he had already lost all his means and could no longer fight. Mentally, he was already devastated.

And coming back to the duel between the two, what would you think about the fight without this notion of rage?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I have made two scenarios : with and without rage if you want to review your vote.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

From my point of view, regarding scenario 1, Jellal would have to get trapped like Erza by Misaki dragging him into the Blue Dimension to get a "blue stream" before returning to the maze with a multiplier of damage suffered. As against Gears GodSeed, Jellal is often passive and calculating at the beginning of combat. The seconds turning into hours of torture, I don’t see Jellal getting up after this effect, the latter not having the incredible resistance of Erza. For me, on this scenario, Misaki is the winner who can even deal him deadly damage.

For scenario 2, Jellal, consumed by his rage, should be immediately offensive and reactive, even if Misaki takes him to her Dimension. Jellal, with exaggerated senses, should counter the "blue stream" with a magical protection as against Acnologia and react with "meteor" to be able to move like Erza using her armor. The fact is that this spell should allow him to move and dodge but should only allow him to deal minor damage with his bare hands. Jellal and Misaki should then fight from a distance : Jellal can chain long distance spells as against Acnologia but Misaki can also counter and use multidirectional spells that can take Jellal by surprise, as he can't combine range attacks with meteor to move in this space. Once the latter is off guard, unable to move, she can chain him and use her "blue stream" to deal massive damage, eject him from her dimension and deal him the damage received amplified. I give my vote to Misaki too, mid to high diff fight.

Last edited:

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
I appreciate your answer. I don’t know if Jellal, even angry, can, like Erza, devour Misaki's dimension whose level of Magic is comparable to Gildarts.

As for Neinhart, the latter was mainly titanized by the insane energy deployed by Erza making the direct link with Eileen. He was shocked to see the Historias evaporate in fear. Yes, Jellal crushed him with his rage, but he had already lost all his means and could no longer fight. Mentally, he was already devastated.

And coming back to the duel between the two, what would you think about the fight without this notion of rage?

I have made two scenarios : with and without rage if you want to review your vote.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

From my point of view, regarding scenario 1, Jellal would have to get trapped like Erza by Misaki dragging him into the Blue Dimension to get a "blue stream" before returning to the maze with a multiplier of damage suffered. As against Gears GodSeed, Jellal is often passive and calculating at the beginning of combat. The seconds turning into hours of torture, I don’t see Jellal getting up after this effect, the latter not having the incredible resistance of Erza. For me, on this scenario, Misaki is the winner who can even deal him deadly damage.

For scenario 2, Jellal, consumed by his rage, should be immediately offensive and reactive, even if Misaki takes him to her Dimension. Jellal, with exaggerated senses, should counter the "blue stream" with a magical protection as against Acnologia and react with "meteor" to be able to move like Erza using his armor. The fact is that this spell should allow him to move and dodge but should only allow him to deal minor damage with his bare hands. Jellal and Misaki should then fight from a distance : Jellal can chain long distance spells as against Acnologia but Misaki can also counter and use multidirectional spells that can take Jellal by surprise, as he can't combine range attacks with meteor to move in this space. Once the latter is off guard, unable to move, she can chain him and use her "blue stream" to deal massive damage, eject him from her dimension and deal him the damage received amplified. I give my vote to Misaki too, mid to high diff fight.
Thanks for updating the conditions !

I voted tie for regular Jellal bc honestly I could see it going either way. The thing is Jellal has meteor to move in the Blue dimension and long range spells so he's not as incapacitated as Erza was.
Though he's often passive at the beginning I can't see him standing dumb while an attacks come for him while he can easily escape it through meteor.
However he's way less tanky than Erza so I admit that if he gets hit a bit he's probably down. And even though he's has the perfect skill set to fight in Blue dimension Misaki remains a beast in that dimension.
Can he overtake her dimension like Erza ? He probably has as much if not more MP than her so I could see that happening.

If it's rage Jellal I honestly see his leaking MP taking over Blue dimension from the get go. Like when he just flexed a GC it covered the entire sky with his MP and I don't think that was even on purpose. So yeah for me in that case Misaki gets so shocked she stands still like an idiot and gets one shot like in a classical Mashima fight

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Thanks for updating the conditions !

I voted tie for regular Jellal bc honestly I could see it going either way. The thing is Jellal has meteor to move in the Blue dimension and long range spells so he's not as incapacitated as Erza was.
Though he's often passive at the beginning I can't see him standing dumb while an attacks come for him while he can easily escape it through meteor.
However he's way less tanky than Erza so I admit that if he gets hit a bit he's probably down. And even though he's has the perfect skill set to fight in Blue dimension Misaki remains a beast in that dimension.
Can he overtake her dimension like Erza ? He probably has as much if not more MP than her so I could see that happening.

If it's rage Jellal I honestly see his leaking MP taking over Blue dimension from the get go. Like when he just flexed a GC it covered the entire sky with his MP and I don't think that was even on purpose. So yeah for me in that case Misaki gets so shocked she stands still like an idiot and gets one shot like in a classical Mashima fight
I fully understand your point of view and as I also point out in my post, "meteor" actually allows him to be mobile and to give physical blows. In terms of mobility, yes, he is less handicapped than Erza, however, during this speed spell, he cannot use other spells simultaneously (or, if I’m wrong, I would like a scan). In fact, more mobile than Erza but with less damage on Misaki. Fists and high-speed kicks must not match the monstrous strength of Erza who can use powerful attacks like "Blumenblatt" who competed with Laxus' "Raiko". His mobility allowing him to dodge and his long-range attacks to strike when the latter cannot move, can actually make equal play with Misaki, nevertheless, I think the stats speak in favor of Misaki : "Blumenblatt" only caused her minor damage, while Jellal’s physical resistance seems to be his weak point during the fight. In this domain, he is the opposite of Erza which is the ultimate tank. I sincerely believe that Jellal can resist, but a few blows from Misaki should come to an end. Yes, "meteor" is a dodge, but the fact is that Misaki can strike from anywhere in her Dimension. Her attacks could not be predicted, where to move to escape ? If Jellal could keep "meteor" while launching his long-range assaults, I would tend to go on a fight close to a tie. There, using one or the other, the management will seem difficult on the term and the physical "weakness" of Jellal plays against him. If Jellal was as tanky as Laxus or Erza, I should change my opinion for a tie or Jellal's win.

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
I fully understand your point of view and as I also point out in my post, "meteor" actually allows him to be mobile and to give physical blows. In terms of mobility, yes, he is less handicapped than Erza, however, during this speed spell, he cannot use other spells simultaneously (or, if I’m wrong, I would like a scan). In fact, more mobile than Erza but with less damage on Misaki. Fists and high-speed kicks must not match the monstrous strength of Erza who can use powerful attacks like "Blumenblatt" who competed with Laxus' "Raiko". His mobility allowing him to dodge and his long-range attacks to strike when the latter cannot move, can actually make equal play with Misaki, nevertheless, I think the stats speak in favor of Misaki : "Blumenblatt" only caused her minor damage, while Jellal’s physical resistance seems to be his weak point during the fight. In this domain, he is the opposite of Erza which is the ultimate tank. I sincerely believe that Jellal can resist, but a few blows from Misaki should come to an end. Yes, "meteor" is a dodge, but the fact is that Misaki can strike from anywhere in his Dimension. Her attacks could not be predicted, where to move to escape ? If Jellal could keep "meteor" while launching his long-range assaults, I would tend to go on a fight close to a tie. There, using one or the other, the management will seem difficult on the term and the physical "weakness" of Jellal plays against him. If Jellal was as tanky as Laxus or Erza, I should change my opinion for a tie or Jellal's win.
Yeah he probably has to stop meteor while casting but he has really fast casting now, in the Acnologia fight he was impressive.

Though Misaki's attack can come from anywhere she still has to know where he is before attacking, and he could make use of that little time. I could see him stopping meteor to cast an attack before using it again and dodging what she threw at him in the meantime. And she won't have the same opportunities as against Erza since she'll be up against a barrage of long distance attack. Jellal even has a teleguided attack (see fight against Acno).

So I can understand your argument and it's a perfectly sound one to make, but imo the only way to know would be to see an actual fight in the manga. Both have the arsenal to take it.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah he probably has to stop meteor while casting but he has really fast casting now, in the Acnologia fight he was impressive.

Though Misaki's attack can come from anywhere she still has to know where he is before attacking, and he could make use of that little time. I could see him stopping meteor to cast an attack before using it again and dodging what she threw at him in the meantime. And she won't have the same opportunities as against Erza since she'll be up against a barrage of long distance attack. Jellal even has a teleguided attack (see fight against Acno).

So I can understand your argument and it's a perfectly sound one to make, but imo the only way to know would be to see an actual fight in the manga. Both have the arsenal to take it.
I clearly agree and this is why I thought about this match up. It sounds interesting for me.

One last point that can handicap Jellal in the "Blue Dimension". Wouldn’t having stable control of his body prevent him from creating his long-range spells to their optimal powers, as well as perfectly targeting Misaki with them ? He should only be perfectly stable when he uses "meteor", right ?

I think Misaki’s powers are crippling in many areas. She’s not just a brute force like Kirin.

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
I clearly agree and this is why I thought about this match up. It sounds interesting for me.

One last point that can handicap Jellal in the "Blue Dimension". Wouldn’t having stable control of his body prevent him from creating his long-range spells to their optimal powers, as well as perfectly targeting Misaki with them ? He should only be perfectly stable when he uses "meteor", right ?

I think Misaki’s powers are crippling in many areas. She’s not just a brute force like Kirin.
Fair point, I really don't know about that one. Erza was talking so movement is possible to some degree. Enough to cast ? How much does Jellal need to move to cast ? (And how much does he gesture while casting only to look cool ? lmao)

Anyway, thanks for the interesting fight !
Too bad we didn't get such fights in the FT tournament which was quickly overtaken by the Dragons.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Fair point, I really don't know about that one. Erza was talking so movement is possible to some degree. Enough to cast ? How much does Jellal need to move to cast ? (And how much does he gesture while casting only to look cool ? lmao)

Anyway, thanks for the interesting fight !
Too bad we didn't get such fights in the FT tournament which was quickly overtaken by the Dragons.
I don’t know much about Jellal’s poses to incant his spells, but what’s certain is that the "Blue Dimension" is like being in a nongravity zone. It’s a bit like moving in space. Only Erza’s armor allowed her to "float" and carry the attacks. For Jellal, without "meteor", he has no way to interact in this environment. It is in this sense that I find Misaki more cheated than Kirin who is only a "clone" of Laxus. If we add increases' damages, she has crazy abilities.

For the duel, it is I who thank you for having given your vision of things. Always a pleasure to discuss with you.

Anyway, yes, I would have liked to have had this kind of fight during the Tournament. It was no surprise because of the powerful Dragons. But they are part of this universe, even if, for me, they should have been spectators lol.

Last edited:

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Jellal = Laxus > BDSK's

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Jellal = Laxus
Have you seen them battled to make this statement ?

Laxus > BDSK's
Because he has beaten Kirin (by tricking him and stealing his Magic Power to restore and enhance him), he is > the others ?

Can I make analogy with Kiria. Although she is much weaker than the BDSK, as well as Laxus and Erza in combat, she was able to subdue both. If we think back to her first fight against Laxus, the latter owes his victory only to the fact that he was lobotomized by Toûka.

Raw power is a vector of victory but is not absolute. Many things are more dangerous : Hax.

How can Laxus counter Haku's hax ? How can he counter Suzaku's blade ? How can he counter Misaki's Hax damage enhancement ?
Kirin was perhaps the most powerful in raw power, not necesary the most dangerous of the BDSK.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Have you seen them battled to make this statement ?

Because he has beaten Kirin (by tricking him and stealing his Magic Power to restore and enhance him), he is > the others ?

Can I make analogy with Kiria. Although she is much weaker than the BDSK, as well as Laxus and Erza in combat, she was able to subdue both. If we think back to her first fight against Laxus, the latter owes his victory only to the fact that he was lobotomized by Toûka.

Raw power is a vector of victory but is not absolute. Many things are more dangerous : Hax.

How can Laxus counter Haku's hax ? How can he counter Suzaku's blade ? How can he counter Misaki's Hax damage enhancement ?
Kirin was perhaps the most powerful in raw power, not necesary the most dangerous of the BDSK.
Laxus didn't steal or touch at all Kirin's Magic Power. Kirin's power never came from the coffin.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Laxus didn't steal or touch at all Kirin's Magic Power. Kirin's power never came from the coffin.
Agree but he destroyed the coffin (Kirin's weapon) and ate the lightning soul. Eating this made Laxus empowerment and Kirin's off-guard because he was out of his mind. So yes, he tricked him by making him believe that the voice he heard had lied to him: Elexion was not seeking to find his heart but the man (the bearer of the heart) who would avenge him.

Laxus points out at the end that he invented this story to cast doubt in Kirin’s mind and make him lower his guard by striking his most powerful attack. In this action, he was able to exchange his lacrima "offered" by his father by ingesting the soul of the same nature (I still don’t understand how he could eat the soul of lightning while he had taken out his lacrimabut that’s another point).

So Laxus stole Kirin's Dragon soul (even if Kirin's stats never down) and manipulated him to make the final blow.

Sure, a victory is a victory and being smart is part of a battle (see Lucy's as exemple) but clearly, nothing suggest he could beat Kirin without external help.

So I understand your post, but still, having a victory against Kirin doesn't mean he is > all BDSK. In that so, I can say Kiria > BDSK as well as she could kneel Laxus and Erza who are > Kirin and Misaki. Do you agree with that ?

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Laxus one-shotted Kirin who would whoop Jellal's ass. Jellal isn't equal to Laxus, stop the wank.

OT: Misaki no diffs.

Lmfao Jellal having more votes than Misaki on R2 is baffling

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus one-shotted Kirin who would whoop Jellal's ass. Jellal isn't equal to Laxus, stop the wank.

OT: Misaki no diffs.

Lmfao Jellal having more votes than Misaki on R2 is baffling
I think Kirin was doing pretty well until Laxus ate what was in the coffin

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I think Kirin was doing pretty well until Laxus ate what was in the coffin

Yes, Kirin is strong. But I have reread the fight and I see Laxus below than in his fight vs Erza. He used only his standart lightning (who is strong enough to crush both Skullion and Madmole) and only used his Red Lightning two times, like Ougis.

Against Erza, he has crazy face, needed battle and also explained that, in front of Erza, smalls attacks won't work and took Red Lightning Mode. He used RL in nearly all attacks vs Erza. Why not vs Kirin, an ennemy who was stronger than him ?
He was like Natsu using FDK punch against an ennemy (like vs Madmole) while he seems mad and reverted his RL Mode like Natsu in front of Zeleph with FDK Mode.

Laxus has more charism in his fight vs Erza, offensive, dealy, durable. Barely unstoppable. He was less shiny vs Kirin but it is just my opinion.
Perhaps his moral which was off vs Erza, perhaps because of Toûka's spell and on vs Kirin.

Don't know, but he was more "deadly machine" vs Erza. No?

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, Kirin is strong. But I have reread the fight and I see Laxus below than in his fight vs Erza. He used only his standart lightning (who is strong enough to crush both Skullion and Madmole) and only used his Red Lightning two times, like Ougis.

Against Erza, he has crazy face, needed battle and also explained that, in front of Erza, smalls attacks won't work and took Red Lightning Mode. He used RL in nearly all attacks vs Erza. Why not vs Kirin, an ennemy who was stronger than him ?
He was like Natsu using FDK punch against an ennemy (like vs Madmole) while he seems mad and reverted his RL Mode like Natsu in front of Zeleph with FDK Mode.

Laxus has more charism in his fight vs Erza, offensive, dealy, durable. Barely unstoppable. He was less shiny vs Kirin but it is just my opinion.
Perhaps his moral which was off vs Erza, perhaps because of Toûka's spell and on vs Kirin.

Don't know, but he was more "deadly machine" vs Erza. No?
That’s true, my problem is Hiro in most cases will do things that will make characters like Ezra look good which doesn’t happen that much when it comes to most villains

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Misaki oneshots. Jellal was getting his ass whooped by weak ass Gears punches. He ain't taking even 1 second worth of bdsk damage let alone 5 hours. And how in the hell is Jellal overruling Misaki's magic when it is the same tier as Gildarts who stomps any version of Jellal? Misaki's MP = Giladrt's MP >>>>> Jellal's MP. Jellal is not overruling Misaki's dimension when his feats are lackluster and he never ever compared to Gild in terms of MP. Like I said, Misaki oneshots.

Goku solos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Misaki>Gildarts~little serious Kirin>RDLM Laxus=Jellal