Voting Round 3 - Jin Mori vs. Homura Akemi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Jin Mori vs. Homura Akemi

Who wins?

• Jin Mori

• Homura Akemi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Homura for me.Homura was stated to be equal to Goddess Madoka so she gets vote from me.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Very curious about this one. I have yet to watch the Madoka movie and am not up to date with GOH, but the PLs in the latter are crazy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Going with Jin for now.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Did they ever add any extra story after that one Madoka movie? If not then I'm not sure how to scale Homura's powers given she didn't actually fight or anything with her new powers.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Did they ever add any extra story after that one Madoka movie?
Don't hurt ma heart gry....
We just know a sequel coming out since forever, probably got even more delayed cuz of covid....

But i make you change your mind... Just give me some time
But gry well she does have mind manipulation and a way to seal powers in her new form
And Mori definitely vulnerable to that, in fact in GoH he did get his powers sealed once and had to start of zero with his powers....
Plus even without her new powers, mori doesn't really have a counter to time stop

I'm glad i checked the battles early considering i thought it be two batches like previous rounds
I was planning on catching up for the final arc of GoH to find more weakest but it was ealry..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I have yet to watch the Madoka movie

You had years demon, what are you doing not watching a classic

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Bit off topic, but was the Madoka sequel series that came out some time ago any good? And Is this god Homura somehow related to it?

I only watched the original series, so I'm quite not on top of things when it comes down to scale of this "God Homura".

Not that I've read GoH either. But I understood that's a series where a regular kick destroys like star system or something.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Bit off topic, but was the Madoka sequel series that came out some time ago any good? And Is this god Homura somehow related to it?

I only watched the original series, so I'm quite not on top of things when it comes down to scale of this "God Homura".

Not that I've read GoH either. But I understood that's a series where a regular kick destroys like star system or something.
Imo Rebellion was really awesome. And yes god Homura is related to the movie. Definitely check it out if you were a fan of the og series.

This is one of those matchups where just strength alone wont get you far.
For now, Homu-chan gets my vote, but im unfamiliar with Jin so maybe there is a surprise out there that i dont know about which lets Jin do more than just be a physically overpowering monster.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Imo Rebellion was really awesome. And yes god Homura is related to the movie. Definitely check it out if you were a fan of the og series.

This is one of those matchups where just strength alone wont get you far.
For now, Homu-chan gets my vote, but im unfamiliar with Jin so maybe there is a surprise out there that i dont know about which lets Jin do more than just be a physically overpowering monster.

Jin has a sealing gourd!

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Jin has a sealing gourd!
I haven't read GOH but Homura became a concept like Madoka(basically she transcended physical existence and became a concept or abstract existence) and can distort the very laws of the universe.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
But if I remember correctly he can't seal gods inside it. Is Homura a god?
Demon,a perfect opposite to Goddess Madoka and was stated by the creators to be perfect equal to Goddess Madoka

Check the interview Here

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
But if I remember correctly he can't seal gods inside it. Is Homura a god?
That is true, but it's based on race more than "status". Gods in GOH are a "superior" race and the gourd was made primarily to seal demons. How this applies to different verses is up for debate.

Homura for me.Homura was stated to be equal to Goddess Madoka so she gets vote from me.

The Monkey King or in this case Mori Jin is most famously known for taking on and taking down gods.

@Asako could you give us a refresher on what Homura is capable off physically and non-physically? Found a wiki that puts her max around city-level destructive capacity and then jumps to multiversal? Same with durability going from city-level to multiverse + with no steps inbetween? Is this some last battle/chapter powerup into multiversal godhood or are there actual feats about multiverse level powers?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
That is true, but it's based on race more than "status". Gods in GOH are a "superior" race and the gourd was made primarily to seal demons. How this applies to different verses is up for debate.

The Monkey King or in this case Mori Jin is most famously known for taking on and taking down gods.

@Asako could you give us a refresher on what Homura is capable off physically and non-physically? Found a wiki that puts her max around city-level destructive capacity and then jumps to multiversal? Same with durability going from city-level to multiverse + with no steps inbetween? Is this some last battle/chapter powerup into multiversal godhood or are there actual feats about multiverse level powers?
That doesn't mean Gods of different series are equals.In some series' Gods will be even weaker than other series' weakest characters.In some series Gods greatest feats may be simply destroying a mountain while in some other series Gods may be so strong that the mutiverses can be destroyed by them.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The real question here is, if Madoka is banned for the tournament, and Goddess Homura is stated as her equal... Why is she allowed? :lambirb

That aside she looks like too much for Mori Jin.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
That doesn't mean Gods of different series are equals.In some series' Gods will be even weaker than other series' weakest characters.In some series Gods greatest feats may be simply destroying a mountain while in some other series Gods may be so strong that the mutiverses can be destroyed by them.
Absolutely. In reference to the gourd I just meant it in the sense that the weakness to gods was related to race and not necessarily powerlevel. As for the meme I do not apologize for that.

The real question here is, if Madoka is banned for the tournament, and Goddess Homura is stated as her equal... Why is she allowed? :lambirb

That's what I was trying to find out. From what I read that is EOS Madoka/Homura so the hosts may intend any forms that are not Godlevel and which she was in during most of her series? It's most likely just an oversight. It's also why I asked for feats about this god level being. If she spends most of her runtime as a "mortal" fighter and has all her feats as such but becomes God in the last chapters/episodes it's different from having feats in her god level form.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

Long ago there exist a god that oversaw paradise

That god loved all equally and gave happiness to all

All but herself...

God alone cannot have any of that happiness, for she the one taking on the world despair to keep that very same happiness....

A lizard girl took pity on that selfless god

And so the lizard girl tore apart that god into two halves and brought one of it's halves form paradise to earth

A fallen god

And with that a devil was born, a devil that became one all for god's best interest... No matter the cost...

All because of love

Homura, the girl who went miles away for madoka, to the point where it became her only worth of existing in her eyes
her determination is what made her powers as it is, for the fact she first couldn't really attack, only with a golf club

to a gangster with guns

as they say

her main powers is time stop in battles, so even without her akuma powers mori dont have much chance against her as he doesn't have anything to stop her ZA WARUDOO ! TOKI WO TOMARE !
not to mention she have a personastand

i mean head injuries aren't that much a problem considering the buffs of being a magical girls is your body is durable as long as your soul gem isn't harmed, and not despair for normal girls

but tell that to homu homu as even she even accepts despair as all result of her love to protect madoka

and because of that now we have her witch form homulilly, making her gain familiars

her familiars are consisting of some execution theme
her most powerful minions are the Clara dolls
each consists of homura thoughts about herself
each are actually as powerful as a magical girl

and we already know how powerful magical girls as minions can be seen by Walpurgisnacht
obviously not to its scales as that one is a combination of multiple witches/magical girls spirits

but that make it so homulily have a lot other, and honestly she may have one of the most minions as a witch in the series
that make it so i won't go over each one, as that just be info dump but only those that have unique powers and not just slash slash stab staby

they basically diamond hardness canons (diamond hnk hardness :lambirb )

this little one may not be able to fight but it certainly deadly to the mind, it's basically a mini akuma homura most powerful abilities
rewriting memories

and powers besides, who couldn't want a time travelling savior gun fighter

at least she certainty better than mori who let the girl who he supposed to protect as the monkey king be a buddish sacrifice (i forgot her name but its the mc of journey to the west but girl version here in the webtoon)

now to answer the question those wondering about why isn't homura banned

simple, she just rewrote sky memory to the fact she isn't as op.... and my memory when i nominated her ( i actually forgot, i thought madokami is more powerful than her and her powers aren't universal till val reminded me first round)

i actually was waiting for someone when i nominated her to say she banned to me, made a post even if she okay before battle round started
we even have this because of her powers

btw madokami shouldn't been banned or so i feel like, considering even tho she is a god her set really aren't that much for fighting but supporting
she is a god but not one for this event anyways
unlike homura set where they can be used in battle

nevertheless i say she does have weakness but they rather situational to who she fighting
obviously one that counter time, or have mind resistance
also not many know this outside the fandom but one of the reasons was never able to beat Walpurgisnacht alone is because she have fire resistance so her gun fights are also ineffective there
but still i could say even with homura base form, she could beat mori considering she have time stop and mori doesn't really have a counter to that
he just a super powerful martial art that also have immortality
the immortality bit could be a problem for homura is she we didn't know she already can seal madokami powers and mori in the story is vulnerable to seals

also if you're wondering how the heck did she even became god lvl in madoka universe
the reason madoka was able to become a god in the first place is because of all the karmic destiny she got form homura time jumps, and the fact homura went back to a time before the girl became a magical girls, but the thing is homura have as much karmic destiny stick to her as madoka, but she was already a magical girl by that point so it didn't matter much, that is intill she turned into a witch
didn't help that the incubators put homura soul gems in a force field making all the curse overflow
and then it broke and it turned into sth else

nvm all that, its just love man

funfact: i actually used half an hour just to figure out if i can use madoka runes font... i couldn't

Last edited:

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria

Long ago there exist a god that oversaw paradise

That god loved all equally and gave happiness to all

All but herself...

God alone cannot have any of that happiness, for she the one taking on the world despair to keep that very same happiness....

A lizard girl took pity on that selfless god

And so the lizard girl tore apart that god into two halves and brought one of it's halves form paradise to earth

A fallen god

And with that a devil was born, a devil that became one all for god's best interest... No matter the cost...

All because of love

Homura, the girl who went miles away for madoka, to the point where it became her only worth of existing in her eyes
her determination is what made her powers as it is, for the fact she first couldn't really attack, only with a golf club

to a gangster with guns

as they say

her main powers is time stop in battles, so even without her akuma powers mori dont have much chance against her as he doesn't have anything to stop her ZA WARUDOO ! TOKI WO TOMARE !
not to mention she have a personastand

The question is wether she has enough destructive capabilities to kill Mori Jin when time is stopped. Plus being fast enough to even activate it. This is a guy who killed billions of nephilim in the fraction of a second. Speaking of her stand's. Mori Jin can create clones and dealt with millions of enemies at once. He can probably handle them. Any clone that gets destroyed sends the info on how it happened to the OG body thus diminishing any info differences.

You also mention that she doesn't need her god powers to beat mori jin due to being able to seal him and time stop? Time stop matters if she can kill Jin within the time limit. She has sand clocks in the shield she uses to stop time and the shield is not indestructible which certainly puts things into perspective. Her depending on that item to be able to stop time. She would have to stop time from the moment the fight starts to avoid any incoming damage. If the time stop runs out before she can kill Mori Jin (what are her destructive capabilities in a fight) he will know about the ability and realize he has to use any chance to speedblitz her. In his fight with Satan, Jin killed all his 209,607,450,000,000,000 clones (quadrillion range) with a kick that "blew away the corona of the sun". Just to stay cosmic he pushed Jupiter back into its orbit after Satan tossed it at the earth.

Can Homura sustain such damage without godly powerups?

About the Seal, his powers were sealed for most of the time in the series with many of his feats being established in spite of it. He also broke free from the crown he was wearing while the Holy Grail is christian god level sealing power. Does Homura have that at her disposal without godly powerups? The seals also happened after prolonged battle and victories and out of backstabs. None of which we'll find in this scenario.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
The question is wether she has enough destructive capabilities to kill Mori Jin when time is stopped. Plus being fast enough to even activate it. This is a guy who killed billions of nephilim in the fraction of a second. Speaking of her stand's. Mori Jin can create clones and dealt with millions of enemies at once. He can probably handle them. Any clone that gets destroyed sends the info on how it happened to the OG body thus diminishing any info differences.

You also mention that she doesn't need her god powers to beat mori jin due to being able to seal him and time stop? Time stop matters if she can kill Jin within the time limit. She has sand clocks in the shield she uses to stop time and the shield is not indestructible which certainly puts things into perspective. Her depending on that item to be able to stop time. She would have to stop time from the moment the fight starts to avoid any incoming damage. If the time stop runs out before she can kill Mori Jin (what are her destructive capabilities in a fight) he will know about the ability and realize he has to use any chance to speedblitz her. In his fight with Satan, Jin killed all his 209,607,450,000,000,000 clones (quadrillion range) with a kick that "blew away the corona of the sun". Just to stay cosmic he pushed Jupiter back into its orbit after Satan tossed it at the earth.

Can Homura sustain such damage without godly powerups?

About the Seal, his powers were sealed for most of the time in the series with many of his feats being established in spite of it. He also broke free from the crown he was wearing while the Holy Grail is christian god level sealing power. Does Homura have that at her disposal without godly powerups? The seals also happened after prolonged battle and victories and out of backstabs. None of which we'll find in this scenario.
My my my, worry not she have enough time to stop time, it's also instantaneous dear
I already said in her normal form, his immortality could been the only problem but that's when her akuma form come in
In speed she could definitely win as it doesn't matter how fast mori is, homura always begins her fights with time stop, it is kinda her boost and her weakest how heavily she relays on it in her fighting in coolmura
Also there really isn't a limit to how much homura can activate her time stop, when she first does it mori could be confused what happen, no one really knows her magic is time stop unless she tells them so he have a long while to figure what happening
Enough time to deal with him and take him off guard
Also the kick that mori does needs preparation considering he used the Nabong Needle Ryu to unlock the boost, even then that's only one time use as it's one of the biggest reason mori destroyed his body, he couldn't handle the aftermath

About the seal, he wasn't only sealed with the holy grail you know, the guy have a big history with being sealed by the gods.
First for being a "naught brat" under the mountain before lady buddish (what's her nameee desinn i forgot) came to free him with his headband seal ( a new seal yay) then come when the journey to the west ended in bad ending(i really forgot a lot of term desin so I'm gonna call them what i want, I'm lazy to check chapter 1 again ) and he was resealed in an eternal fire Casserole dish because his immortality
THEN in the series once again after satan fight his power is sealed AGAIN (mori you need help)
Anways my point is for normal coolmura his immortality is a problem but it won't be for akuma homura, she definitely can do it considering how much mori liked being sealed :teehee
I mean her seal did manage to seal madokami, that a feat in itself considering she oversees multi universe
But coolmura can definitely deal with as a fight, he won't be able to hurt her is my point, if you say she gonna run out of magic, we have grief seeds and that basically just to take away impurities.... Meanwhile akuma magic is impurities after she tranformated into a witch so it doesn't matter, she able to rewrite the world for a reason...

Btw at least homura doesn't disappear form her series for unknown number of time when it's on going, meanwhile mori like to yeet himself out of the picture for 50+ chapter if not 100 ....

I'm just complaining at how much he liked to disappear, not related to the battle btw
Mori hui >>>>> mori jin

i cried like a bitch when he was gone...
Shall forever me in my heart, best boi

Status
Not open for further replies.