Voting Round 2 - Jin vs. Kojirou Saeki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Jin vs. Kojirou Saeki

Who wins?

• Jin

• Kojirou Saeki

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Jin
Samurai Champloo
-

Kojirou Saeki
Prince of Tennis

Holycow

Saeki's Sandcastle Building Buddy
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm afraid I can't say much about Jin as far as his wikia page goes, I'm sure he has a very interesting background, but hey, even if this opponent seems far too strong, considering how popular his series is, I will still do my best to campaign with all I have! And hopefully, even if I lose, that you guys will remember that Prince of Tennis is not only home to the fujoshis! I hope we will have a nice debate!

Let's go to the vouching.
So, as those who may have read my previous thread have noticed, I like to emphasize that Saeki himself is just naturally, the best kind of husband you can have. He's loved by his peers, juniors, and elders because of his nice and unjudging demeanor, an all around ace when it comes to sports (despite losing his most important matches, but hey, he's not even a minor character :'c), and good at academics and participation alike. The guy really screams friendliness and fair play. And he's canonly handsome. So charming and handsome that the two confirmed straight dudes fell for him. Just letting you guys know.
Now you might think, isn't that kind of boring? The way you describe him makes it seem like he's just some shitty dating sim guy, dreamy and unreachable.
Yes and no. Saeki's charm is that he himself is blissfully unaware that he has these qualities. He genuinely doesn't know he's popular and loved, despite many saying otherwise, and while that can be irritating, it also helps us avert the personal "omg im so perfect i have to keep up this appearance and i have so much stress and anxiety waaa" personality that most ace archetypes have. And it's not that it's a bad trope or anything, but the way Saeki is handled is just different. He has no weird complexes. And he doesn't need to have them to be a likeable , interesting character, or at least not for me personally. It's a nice change to have someone who is nice and cheery without having to be worried that they're hiding a buttload of angst beneath that mask.
What you see is what you get, and he will always be true to his roots.

Does this mean he has no flaws? Oh, for sure he has them.
He's stubborn and holds grudges. Depending on how hard you wronged his friends (yeah he's a total bro and the only grudge he holds against someone is cause that someone kind of killed his sensei), he will go from being passive agressive to legit throwing knives. Not a nice husbando quality, but I mean, he does talk to you unlike....this samurai guy. And unless you're looking for a guy that loves you shitting on his friends or those dear to him, you won't encounter this side. He's a tad egotistical, behaves recklessly, which, while it may seem cool at the moment, is not the best course of actions to take in a future relationship. However, this guy is not yet an adult, but displays already great maturity, so I'm sure he will grow out of it.

As for Jin...Well as I said, I don't know anything about him but...his hair looks greasy. He seems to be considered handsome by his peers, but consider. This is the Edo era (1603-1868). The first good toothbrushes were invented in 1885. From animal bristles. In the USA. You can't even kiss your husband without being afraid of getting Japanese plague. If, and if he uses shampoo (which he should considering the namesake of the manga) it was probably Tsubaki oil. It's used to cover up the stench of not washing your hair and giving it a fake shine (think as if you dropped your head in coconut oil for the non baldies out here). Be safe and go for the modern guy here.

He also only seems to talk in grunts. Now this might be considered ample communication for dudes, but some girls beg to differ. Like me. Husbandos should not only let their actions talk for them, they should be able to communicate clearly. Are those high standards for me? Hm.

He killed his sensei (probably with a good reason). He kills by mentally reviewing his opponents. Do you want to date a psychologist? Cause the divorce rate for psychologists is 19,30%, which is well above the national average of 16,96% (USA). Not a good choice after all.
Agricultural engineers are at 1,78%. Now guess what Saeki's dad is and what Saeki will aspire to be...

Anyway, since this is a clear clash of "husbando that is chosen cause they're megafrikkin awesome" and "husbando that is chosen cause he is a husbando" (which is subjective anyway), this will prove to be an interesting battle. I hope even the ones who participate with the first definition in mind will see the charm and effort Saeki has put in! Have a nice day!

Since I didn't use images in my last campaign, have a Saeki!

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
^ /thread

From my completely unbiased point of view, what I got was that:

-If you like bad breath, greasy hair and plagues, vote Shampoo.
-If you like good things, vote Saeki.

Let me remind you that Saeki's grudge was held because a person attacked his >100 year old (arguably >1000 but offtopic) sensei, he had his reasons.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
This is the Edo era (1603-1868). The first good toothbrushes were invented in 1885. From animal bristles. In the USA. You can't even kiss your husband without being afraid of getting Japanese plague.
Do you want to date a psychologist? Cause the divorce rate for psychologists is 19,30%, which is well above the national average of 16,96% (USA). Not a good choice after all.
Agricultural engineers are at 1,78%. Now guess what Saeki's dad is and what Saeki will aspire to be...
Those ^ are too silly and gold XDDD~ Gotta love your campaign.

Lupin

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
I'm trying to have a happy, healthy, and hygienic marriage, and Saeki is the only one out of the two who can guarantee that, the sand castle building legend that he is. I don't care how awesome samurai are, all the data points to this Jin fellow being far from husbando material... unlike Saeki. Saeki has all the best qualities a significant other should have, I would be honored to build sand castles with him.

mio (aceakaya)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Sandcastles for all! :cheerbunny

I feel little need to make an argument, as my friend Holy did it best, but I'll add to the fire.

Saeki is a normal boy who loves tennis. He can take you on dates, walk on the beach, cry over romantic movies (preferably Titanic), and basically live a healthy and happy life with you. I'm not sure about other girls (some may prefer grunting stoic edgelords. I don't judge!) but I think Saeki is definitely someone I'd spend the rest of my life with.

Jin --as I am pulling up his wikia page-- is a stoic samurai guy who grunts and holds the generic "I'm serious and emotionless but I'll protecc u" price tag. He does have Fuu and Mugen by his side and cherishes them deeply (kudos), but he's mainly focused on... samurai-things. Mastering the art of sword. Fighting. Things unrelated to being a good husband.

Plus, he's being chased for his life by angry ronin and ex-peers. I can only imagine the dramatic scenario--
"Jin!! They're coming after us! We have to flee!"
"No. They're after me. Leave, Mio... You have to find a better man."
"You're right... I have Saeki. Bye Jin."

My vote is for Saeki!
:confetti

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Pff, Jin? He’s not even the best husbando material character in Champloo. I’d argue even Mugen is better than him, except that Jin is better looking. Who nominated him, anyway?

Oh, right, I did.

Well, I’ll vote for him then, if only so he gets the one vote. :derp

My would-be nomination is in my avatar. For your consideration, vote Spike Spiegel for Best Husbando. (Or Sanji, for that matter.)

As for this battle, let the handsome tennis player whose favorite film is Titanic win. You’ll never find another guy who’ll watch that film with you a hundred times over.

Last edited:

Holycow

Saeki's Sandcastle Building Buddy
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Pff, Jin? He’s not even the best husbando material character in Champloo. I’d argue even Mugen is better than him, except that Jin is better looking. Who nominated him, anyway?

Oh, right, I did.

Well, I’ll vote for him then, if only so he gets the one vote. :derp

My would-be nomination is in my avatar. For your consideration, vote Spike Spiegel for Best Husbando. (Or Sanji, for that matter.)

As for this battle, let the handsome tennis player whose favorite film is Titanic win. You’ll never find another guy who’ll watch that film with you a hundred times over.
I support this sentiment. But don't be surprised if you pull a dark horse here. Considering I kind of killed my last opponent as well, I barely won with 3 votes.
There's still a lot of hope for you.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Easy choice here since Orgz himself gave up.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Awesome campaign as always @Holycow! :zomg

And since the other side has none of it so far, my vote goes to Saeki.

terutan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
once again an easy decision with Saeki best husbando....

Status
Not open for further replies.