Jinsung - Yuri Family tree question | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jinsung - Yuri Family tree question

MonsterBaam

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Do we know whether both jinsung and yuri come under same branch of Ha family as in same daughter of yurin or are they both related to different daughters of yurin?

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
JH is her uncle so it has to be under the same daughter or else he’d be a cousin

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Who said that he is her uncle? I don't remember this.

MonsterBaam

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
JH is her uncle so it has to be under the same daughter or else he’d be a cousin
I don't think this is confirmed? Can you post the panel?

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought she referred to him as such in S3ch147 but I guess not

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The series has never addressed this. We don't really know much about the twins other than they exist and have a rivalry with each other. The most likely scenario is that yuri and jinsung are biological cousins (which considering their mothers are twins is really not saying much at all). From their abilities it's impossible to determine if they are from different branches. Yuri's more potent known abilities so far relate to his flower shinsoo but that in turn seems distinct traditional ha abilities (though it is worth noting that there are at least several fights where yuri throws a punch and they end). Given the context we have gotten regarding plants it's entirely feasible that there's something special or unique about this. Jinsung in turn has shown more traditional ha abilities but his signature stuff apparently pertains to his incredible talent and skill in reverse flow control.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The series has never addressed this. We don't really know much about the twins other than they exist and have a rivalry with each other. The most likely scenario is that yuri and jinsung are biological cousins (which considering their mothers are twins is really not saying much at all). From their abilities it's impossible to determine if they are from different branches. Yuri's more potent known abilities so far relate to his flower shinsoo but that in turn seems distinct traditional ha abilities (though it is worth noting that there are at least several fights where yuri throws a punch and they end). Given the context we have gotten regarding plants it's entirely feasible that there's something special or unique about this. Jinsung in turn has shown more traditional ha abilities but his signature stuff apparently pertains to his incredible talent and skill in reverse flow control.
Her strongest technique displayed so far is Rose Shower, but when she used it SIU mentioned that their strongest techniques are usually close ranged ones. Yuri must have techniques stronger than Rose Shower. She simply hasn't used any of them yet.

Last edited:

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I would laugh if the Two Ha Branch are separated into “technician” and “brute force”

Yuri naturally belongs to the latter and Jinsung the former.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That's doubtful... Yurin's alleged fighting style is presumably based of reinforcement which fits pretty well into the technician framing jinsung gave. Even if looking at the other half of the ha's heritage what you get is ari weapon techniques... And they are presumably needle users. You'd think the family would be split between physical combatants and weapon users though if this bit of the lore holds up then perhaps siu has scrapped the twins being half ari. Or perhaps even the twins...

Kiibou

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
That's doubtful... Yurin's alleged fighting style is presumably based of reinforcement which fits pretty well into the technician framing jinsung gave. Even if looking at the other half of the ha's heritage what you get is ari weapon techniques... And they are presumably needle users. You'd think the family would be split between physical combatants and weapon users though if this bit of the lore holds up then perhaps siu has scrapped the twins being half ari. Or perhaps even the twins...
In that case, I believe the one that strongly inherited Ari’s bloodline falls under technician. Ari Sharon had shown great “skills” against EVK.

then the other branch is powerful reinforcement and brute strength.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
In that case, I believe the one that strongly inherited Ari’s bloodline falls under technician. Ari Sharon had shown great “skills” against EVK.

then the other branch is powerful reinforcement and brute strength.
Jinsung specifically framed the ha as technicians though. And he followed said framing by showing martial arts far beyond kallavan (kallavan got an edge when using the essence of bravery). Overall none of the posibilites around the ha framed in the story fit a significant segment of them (outside of young dumb ones) not being highly technical fighters.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes, I think they are all supposed to be technicians. But one twin has probably more Ari traits. Perhaps one branch is better at hand to hand combat while the other is better at using weapons like Needles(Needle mastery is the main trait of the Ari). It works well since Has are gifted Fishermen in general.

Also, I think the Dragon-Tiger Gate might be a reference to the two branches. Like a dragon branch and a tiger branch.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Also, I think the Dragon-Tiger Gate might be a reference to the two branches. Like a dragon branch and a tiger branch.
This would be interesting though it would be weird to tie either creature to the branches. The floral butterfly is also ultimately more of a fug thing. Even assuming one family leaned towards reinforcement and the other for weapons it'd be clear which one would be the "main" one. Every family so far clearly prefers children that match the talents of the corresponding head (I suppose gustang sort of having a fake family is a pretty huge caveat though).

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This would be interesting though it would be weird to tie either creature to the branches. The floral butterfly is also ultimately more of a fug thing. Even assuming one family leaned towards reinforcement and the other for weapons it'd be clear which one would be the "main" one. Every family so far clearly prefers children that match the talents of the corresponding head (I suppose gustang sort of having a fake family is a pretty huge caveat though).
The Floral Butterfly is a FUG thing but people create their own versions. DTG is obviously a version which suits his talents.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The Floral Butterfly is a FUG thing but people create their own versions. DTG is obviously a version which suits his talents.
Like an attribute?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Something like that.
I suppose it's an interesting question if your shinsoo attribute can be reverse flow control. Conventionally I would have guessed that no, it can't be an attribute. Because reverse flow control is sort of the opposite of flow control, a fundamental though rare form of shinsoo control. It sounds sort of like saying your attribute is shinsoo itself. Or that your attribute is moving shinsoo in unnatural directions... Of course, SIU can do whatever he wants here. If we look at bam who is naturally suited to reverse flow control his first attribute is an orb, not reverse flow control. And that considering bam is presumably as suited to it, if not more, than jinsung.

I suppose there's a chance that we simply haven't seen what jinsung's attribute is. Maybe as talented as he is he doesn't have any special reinforcement and instead excels at non traditional stuff. Which would in turn have given him a weird standing in his family which is both matriarchal and likely has a preference for traditional ha powers.

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Her strongest technique displayed so far is Rose Shower, but when she used it SIU mentioned that their strongest techniques are usually close ranged ones. Yuri must have techniques stronger than Rose Shower. She simply hasn't used any of them yet.
Nah, she said she went all out in her fight against Tiara. She doesn't have anything beyond Rose Shower yet.

Yuri's fighting style is rather different from Jinsung's.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nah, she said she went all out in her fight against Tiara. She doesn't have anything beyond Rose Shower yet.

Yuri's fighting style is rather different from Jinsung's.
When did she say that? Yuri is different from Jinsung but she is still a Fisherman, a Ha and a Zahard Princess. Someone who is similar to Yurin too. I would be very surprised if she didn't have a close range move stronger than Rose Shower.

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Who said that he is her uncle? I don't remember this.
This isn't proof, but when Yuri heard that Jinsung was the one who invited her to the wedding tournament, she referred to him as a chainsmoking old man, which means she must have met him at some point. Since the two sides of the family are supposedly at odds, it stands to reason Jinsung would be her uncle.

When did she say that? Yuri is different from Jinsung but she is still a Fisherman, a Ha and a Zahard Princess. Someone who is similar to Yurin too. I would be very surprised if she didn't have a close range move stronger than Rose Shower.
All of Yuri's named techniques have been long range attacks though. Jinsung is the one who seems more focused on using shinsu for close range techniques. Yuri seems to use normal martial arts and weapons for that.