Joint Bleach 485 Review | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Bleach 485 Review

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
this thread is the place where we will prepare the review. I will post the infos and the format. anyway,let's start with your preferences. I will do the analysis (the plot of the chapter with comments),but another one of you can help me in doing that.

this is what Alphabeta said,there shouldn't be problems in reporting it:

Whatever, here's a small tut about the format of this joint review.

Predictions:

The predictions are more or less the easiest thing to write in a review, however, the secret between writing a good prediction and just making up random guesses is a little tricky. The thing is that in order to come up with a reasonable prediction you need a good understanding of how the mangaka handles things. You need to know the manga on a very good level. If someone asks you in which chapter a certain event happened you should be able to guess the correct chapter within ± 10 chapter range (though, I’ve never actually tried this, lol ^^).

In the end, just like with everything else, you’ll just learn it after a couple of times. It’s nothing hard. Though you probably won’t need it in your first review, but predictions are divided into short term predictions and long term predictions. In 90% of the cases, a review features short term predictions, but periodically, long term predictions appear as well.

Impressions:

If the predictions require a good amount of knowledge about the series in general, the impressions section focuses on one individual chapter instead. Generally, this section can be divided into three main “sub-sections”. Plot, Art, and Characters. Obviously, these section can have an endless amount of their won sub-sections, but that’s something you review when you’re confident enough.

For beginners, just make some comments about those three sub-sections I mentioned and everything will be fine. Add a small remark about your opinion of the whole chapter and the impressions section is ready.

Analysis:

I daresay, that this section is the toughest one. It’s kinda like a “reverse-prediction”. A prediction requires knowledge about the previous chapter to imagine how the future will look like. The analysis requires the same knowledge, but instead you have to explain how this chapter fits into the storyline of the chapters before it. It’s actually rather complicated to explain, especially since there are no strict rules or guidelines for a review format and additionally every reviewer evolves his/her own writing style, so that easiest thing to do here, is really just read other people’s reviews and try do it “like them”. You’ll develop your own style in the process.

One of the biggest mistakes beginner reviewers make is writing a summary. DO NOT EVER WRITE A SUMMARY! You mention what happened in the chapter, and after that you explain what it means. The explanation part is the most important thing in this section. If you don’t write it, the analysis section becomes a boring text version of what the reader has already seen in pictures.

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Mattia, get everyone into this thread. You guys need to start discussing who will write what section.

---------- Post added March 18, 2012 at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was March 17, 2012 at 02:37 PM ----------

Seriously, guys, the chapter comes out in 4 days. :aki

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I already contacted them,The Underscore won't be with us this week,and the others haven't replied yet. I'd like to know what part they want to review,before starting the discussion.
Anyway,the group should be made of:

Mattiaildivino (Team Captain)
Mrlazsa
danzouismadara
SaitoSpike (?)

these guys should start requiring me what part they'd like to review.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to do the easiest one. So, the predictions, since it's my first time attempting this. Let me know what you think, okay?

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
O.K. With three people on board, it should be possible to pull this off. From what I've seen so far, the distribution should look like this.

Analysis: Mattia

Impressions: Lasza

Predictions: Danzou

If Saito pops up, he'll share the analysis with Mattia.

So, team captain-san, what do you think of this plan? :3c

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Mrlazsa

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
it's fine with me, i've almost finished reading the 483 jr and i'm really looking forward to working on next chapter's one

Last edited:

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
it's fine with me, i've almost finished reading the 483 jr and i'm really looking forward to working on next chapter's one
good,so all 3 of us will do that. until wednesday,try to have a look at others' reviews. we will discuss here if you have any kind of troubles. don't worry,it's not so difficult,especially since we divided the job :p

Mrlazsa

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
what's the deadline,captain?

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'd like to have your parts on saturday. if you want to send me them earlier,it's not a problem obviously. But I'm planning to post it in 3-4 days. plenty of time ro review it :XD