Joint Review of Bleach 491: Toden Engel | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Review of Bleach 491: Toden Engel

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: Joint Review of Bleach 491: March of the StarrCross 3

LOL,again with the analysis,but it's okay,since it suits me and my job is appreciated :3c . with otaku posting it,no problem. what I'm focusing on is the deadline.

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

I dunno. I'm too drunk to make up a decnet section list. I can still rotate you guys next review. :delerium

Damn, the alcohol has made me an emo :gwah

OtakuModeEngage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

XD with Hater this week, all ill have left is plot anyalisis

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Even though I really like Bleach, I think there is a lot I can hate on, including the art. Its degraded a hell of a lot since the saving Rukia arc.

Mrlazsa

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

so it has degraded for most of the manga :D

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Stop the spam please. Thanks. :cookiestare

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

I'm a bad role model, but please listen to my words. :dancin

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Deadline is the 14th.

OtakuModeEngage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

XD with Hater this week, all ill have left is plot anyalisis

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Even though I really like Bleach, I think there is a lot I can hate on, including the art. Its degraded a hell of a lot since the saving Rukia arc.
Is this spam? I'm just reporting to you that I'll have no problem with my review; isn't that the point of this tread?

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Is this spam? I'm just reporting to you that I'll have no problem with my review; isn't that the point of this tread?
I decide what spam is. :dancin

Anyway, chapter's out, apparently there's another title (:disappoint), you can start writing your parts. :beer

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Bene is the Manga Reviews section mod and the RA is a group that is located in the RA. He doesn't has direct control of the RA, but if we'd be breaking MH rules (such as spamming) he's gonna step in as the mod. I rule RA. He rules MR.
forgive me,cap'n Aplha,but after a meeting between me and Lazsa,we decided to post it :derp.for the sake of this review we wanted to make you aware of your mistakes done in this post which I'm reporting:
aside from the doesn't have, you committed a mistake for what concerns the hypothetic period: you can't use "would" with "if" in the same half of the period. we know it was just distraction,maybe due to the fact you are usually drunk ( :p),but correcting you was funny :XD . again,forgive us ;)

EDIT: Don't dare consider Benelori as an intruder! I won't tolerate that! he is the best mod out of the whole forum,I really like him and Matzik. to use moderator Uriel's words,"they are no bitches with no sense of fun". but Alpha,it's okay if you want us not to spam,but we aren't actually spamming,and resta ssured that Bene is more than comprehensive to understand that ;)

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

forgive me,cap'n Aplha,but after a meeting between me and Lazsa,we decided to post it :derp.for the sake of this review we wanted to make you aware of your mistakes done in this post which I'm reporting:
aside from the doesn't have, you committed a mistake for what concerns the hypothetic period: you can't use "would" with "if" in the same half of the period. we know it was just distraction,maybe due to the fact you are usually drunk ( :p),but correcting you was funny :XD . again,forgive us ;)

Still, you didn't notice this, did you?

Bene is the Manga Reviews section mod and the RA is a group that is located in the RA.
Please check the sense, before the grammar.

On a more serious note, we do need a QC/Proofreader on our team. If you have any ideas where to find such a person, say it. :mono

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
here's my analysis:

Toden Engel (which, in German, means approximately "dead angel"),opens with Orihime who has created the Santen Kesshun to protect herself, Chad, the 3Bestia and Aizen's 2 bitches. Orihime herself wonders way she hasn't sensed neither reishi nor reiatsu now, and that will be explained at the end.
Meanwhile, in a flash Kirge appears behind Ichigo and attacks him. The latter remembers when Urahara explained him how uryu had lost his power in SS, obviously without revealing how he had gathered those infos. As we know, removing the gloves "Sanrei Shutou",which gather reishi, allows the Quincies to use their strongest and last power: the Letzt Stil. Ichigo, while Kirge is chasing him, wonders whether his enemy's technique and Uryu's are the same. Kirge reaches him and either by perspicacity or by reading Ichigo's mind (as the Quincy himself adfirms) states that the Letzt Stil is weaker than the Vollstanding, and that it died over 200 years before, although Souken Ishida refused the new form developed through years of studies. The shinigami, paring his opponent's blows, is relieved that the techniques are different, because it implies Uryu won't transform into something like that, which could make Ichigo killing his friend by mistake. After blaming on Kirge for having a too loose grip, the shinigami shoots a Getsuga Tenshou, which however fails.
Kirge,either absorbing its Reishi or just having an ubelievably resistant body, states he has no weak points. Boasting for his eerie appearance, Kirge starts gathering the reishi from the outside. Orihime is astonished watching her Santen being peeled off, but Chad points out that everything made of reishi is gathering around the Quincy. Thus Orihime understands why she didn't sense reiatsu when Kirge transformed: Quincies absorb reishi and don't emit it.
The leader of the Iacto Arme is then about to throw the Biskiel("justice of God")'s power, but it gets destroyed by Allon, who punches Kirge too!

Mrlazsa

Reaction score
Country
Italy
characters (this wasn't easy):

Orihime is the character that opens this chapter, which as predictable is dedicated to the explanation of Kirge’s transformation, in this sense I can’t recall Orihime being so observant, she has obviously grown a lot, she not just a lovely girl nor a burden anymore.

The same goes for Chad: even though he has done nothing in ages he found out he has not just muscles and started using his brain.

Talking about characters who have grown up Ichigo is a surprise: he hasn’t gone bankai yet, he’s actually trying to understand how to beat his opponent (considering before now he would go bankai for everything, even a mosquito flying around him, this is admirable); he also doesn’t lose a chance to make fun of the enemy (and I must say I agree with him on the look of Kirge)
Urahara doesn’t appear in this chapter, but from ichigo brief flashback we see he still knows everything on everybody, so we can assume that once again he will have an important role.

Of course Kirge is the central character, his transformation put him on advantage because he knows Ichigo has no information on it since it is completely different from what Ishida used versus Mayuri;. We can see from his eyes that he is completely sure he will win this battle, he shows no sign of excitation or surprise not even receiving a getsuga tenshou directly to the neck; of course this is because a “mere” attack like that can’t even scratch him since, as he says, he has no weak points (he’s like: “Ichigo, why do you even try???”)

And finally, will the tres bestias have their vengeange after the humiliation of being defeated in about 2 seconds by a four-eyed poser? I doubt it, sorry girls

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
'kay, thanks for the parts. Will update the OP in a min.

On another note, do you guys have any suggestions/recomendations about JRs in general? You've been doing this for some time now, so you should be having a couple thoughts of your own on this matter by now. :poke

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

updated

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Ill do my part within 24 from now.
About thoughts- I would like to say that special pic for every part would be cool. Something like we see in Underscore's reviews.

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ill do my part within 24 from now.
About thoughts- I would like to say that special pic for every part would be cool. Something like in we see in Underscore's reviews.
I've asked Gintara about headers ages ago. She said she'll do them, but still hasn't send me anything. I'll PM her again. :headscratch

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I've asked Gintara about headers ages ago. She said she'll do them, but still hasn't send me anything. I'll PM her again. :headscratch
notwithstanding she hasn't sent you anything yet, I think it's quite meaningless having those pics. I mean,if we had to post even pictures,our readers should read the chapter again rather than our review. but if you want to post just 2-3,I won't oppose...

Mrlazsa

Reaction score
Country
Italy
These aren't chapter pictures we're talking about, it's headers for the three sections.
and how would we decide which header every section should get? is gonna be difficult usign just the chapter we're reviewing, in my opinion we'd better decide a general picture for each section and stick with it

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
and how would we decide which header every section should get? is gonna be difficult usign just the chapter we're reviewing, in my opinion we'd better decide a general picture for each section and stick with it
We would have three section headers for each of our sections. Those headers would be the same for all Joint Reviews, not only Bleach JRs.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Alpha,during your absence some months ago,I tried to crop images,it was a really tough work. we should bypass the images matter and continue our typing :).last week 2 guys voted "yes" whereas I voted "no". yet, both you and Lazsa didn't vote,so the poll wasn't complete. listen to me,leave the images.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Whatever, we still don't have any headers in the first place so this convo is kinda useless.