Joint Review of Fairy Tail 258: Sabertooth | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Review of Fairy Tail 258: Sabertooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Re: Joint Review of Fairy Tail 258: xxx

My internet died on me, and I'm writing this from uni...which means, that my activity will be NIL until my net is fixed at home. Therefore my part will be delayed, unless someone wants to take my part.
Sorry:sweat

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

:gwah
now, of all times

anyway, if someone will take the art corner, I'll take the rest including banner and intro.

so, who's confident enough for the art corner?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

What part was benelori doing?

If it's writing I'd volunteer to fill in but if it's artwork I won't be much help as I thoroughly suck at all things art and art related.

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

bene was writing the art corner.

it's writing, alright. About the art of the chapter. :s

you agree?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sure, I can take a stab at that.

I'll type an art review up right now to use if benetori's internet continues to fail him. It will give me a good excuse to do something other than staring at this.

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Sure, I can take a stab at that.

I'll type an art review up right now to use if benetori's internet continues to fail him.
awesome

I'll do the rest :arf

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ok, here you go. Done and proofread. Let me know if you want me to tweak it any.

And please replace the short summary and character spotlight with the proofread versions I posted. The sight of those grammatical errors are killing me inside.

It's always a good thing for a chapter to start out with some color pages. The first page is in color mostly likely as a means of giving readers a better idea of what the new major characters, Sting and Rogue, look like. Showing things like skin color, hair color, and clothing color, while leaving most of the pair's features obscured so that they can be fully revealed later on.

The cover page is awesome. Promoting the movie by dividing up the cast into movie references was a neat move. Though I can't identify all of them. The ones I recognize are Gajeel as Zatoichi, Lucy as Cinderella, and Natsu as King Kong. The other references didn't seems a clear cut but I love the page regardless. It shows me that the artist knows the characters he's drawing well enough to put them in any clothing or situation without missing beat.

The rest of the chapter is, as you would expect, done in the standard Fairy Tail style. Clean, expressive, and well defined character work allows a lot of characters to be in a scene and have it seem comfortable instead of crowded, like in the scene in the guildhall. That crisp artistic style also helped to increase the impact Makarov and Gildarts discussion while standing before the brilliant light emanating from Lumens Etoile. A great scene made greater by the artwork.

Another area where the art in Fairy Tail shines this week was in background...literally. The Magic Council with it's unique aesthetic somewhere between that of a cathedral and a royal palace. How cool was that open air second floor hallway overlooking an english garden filled with statues, fountains, and hedgerow? Yet even more impressive was the underground passageway beneath the old Fairy Tail guild. The detail there was incredible. Each stone step looked just a little rough like it was hand quarried and as they walked the background went from half plaster and half stone to rough stone block resembling an ancient temple.

Fairy Tail is generally above average when it comes to background work but this was just amazing. The attention to detail and sheer number of different locations makes this chapter a joy to read.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

I will change them, once I get to my computer

smartphone plus MH is a bad combination -_-;

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

HAHAHA

I love those captions. Nice work!

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

I suggest that RaveDragon should post the review, because she seems like the biggest fan around:p...so please send her the final version

Status
Not open for further replies.