Joint Review of Fairy Tail 275: The Drunk Falcon | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Review of Fairy Tail 275: The Drunk Falcon

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, we're moving along. Hopefully this'll be released by Thursday.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, we're moving along. Hopefully this'll be released by Thursday.
Sent you a PM over MH of my review. I only did the plot analysis. I can do that art too and the character development as well. But it got pretty long...

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Jyten, it all occurs here in the thread, not in a PM. :P

Jyten's first bit of analysis:

Hmm...Chapter 275,

This chapter ends up being a like that sampler cheese cake you buy at the super market,

Strawberry flavor..

The chapter opens up with some light hearted trolling by Mashima. Honestly, I got
completely fooled by the GrayxLucy and after seeing Juvia's face afterwards I lost it.
Either way, I applauded Mashima for this. It was great well done humor but I am hoping that he brings back some other jokes that don't always involve Juvia which he does later in the chapter but it wasn't as good. Meh, maybe I'm just biased.

Plain Vanilla flavor...

Fairy tail goes back to it's old antics. A bunch of drinking and light hearted fun despite their
really tough and bitter losses. Seriously, if I trained and worked that hard while enduring horrid pain for days on end to get stronger only to get trolled by some outside source I'd freaking rage and troll some referees. But Fairy tail takes the higher route either way and takes the loss pretty well. The Kana section was epic but it would've been even better had Glidartz walked in right as he took Kana's top. However, had that happened we might've lost a new character right then and there. So, probably for the best. Still I'm surprised I would've expected some of the other ladies to help her out and or kill the man in question...meh, w/e

Caramel flavor...

We finally get to see someone other than the magic council or a dark guild behind the scenes. This truly is a breath of fresh air. Sadly, the king seems to be just as incompetent as the council. I guess birds of a feather flock together. Either way, this king will probably get trolled and lose his kingdom until FT comes through and saves the day. Still a bit cliche' but then again most of us watch/read FT just for these super cliche' movements and story lines.

Chocolate...

Mashima gives of some insight into the future with Charle's future sight. It looks really epic however, I won't get my hopes up too much, as Mashima may troll us all again. But it could be very epic.

Ending thoughts...

Also, I used to play a lot of MMO's and be assured that summoners are freaking Over Powered in most MMO's. Lucy will be the strongest at the end of FT.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jyten, it all occurs here in the thread, not in a PM. :P

Jyten's first bit of analysis:

Hmm...Chapter 275,

This chapter ends up being a like that sampler cheese cake you buy at the super market,

Strawberry flavor..

The chapter opens up with some light hearted trolling by Mashima. Honestly, I got
completely fooled by the GrayxLucy and after seeing Juvia's face afterwards I lost it.
Either way, I applauded Mashima for this. It was great well done humor but I am hoping that he brings back some other jokes that don't always involve Juvia which he does later in the chapter but it wasn't as good. Meh, maybe I'm just biased.

Plain Vanilla flavor...

Fairy tail goes back to it's old antics. A bunch of drinking and light hearted fun despite their
really tough and bitter losses. Seriously, if I trained and worked that hard while enduring horrid pain for days on end to get stronger only to get trolled by some outside source I'd freaking rage and troll some referees. But Fairy tail takes the higher route either way and takes the loss pretty well. The Kana section was epic but it would've been even better had Glidartz walked in right as he took Kana's top. However, had that happened we might've lost a new character right then and there. So, probably for the best. Still I'm surprised I would've expected some of the other ladies to help her out and or kill the man in question...meh, w/e

Caramel flavor...

We finally get to see someone other than the magic council or a dark guild behind the scenes. This truly is a breath of fresh air. Sadly, the king seems to be just as incompetent as the council. I guess birds of a feather flock together. Either way, this king will probably get trolled and lose his kingdom until FT comes through and saves the day. Still a bit cliche' but then again most of us watch/read FT just for these super cliche' movements and story lines.

Chocolate...

Mashima gives of some insight into the future with Charle's future sight. It looks really epic however, I won't get my hopes up too much, as Mashima may troll us all again. But it could be very epic.

Ending thoughts...

Also, I used to play a lot of MMO's and be assured that summoners are freaking Over Powered in most MMO's. Lucy will be the strongest at the end of FT.
I don't like posting garbage but w/e do you want me to do the art and character analysis as well?

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't like posting garbage but w/e do you want me to do the art and character analysis as well?

Sure, realistically, I'm not getting it done today, as I'm busy with travel plans and the like.

I'll just make the intro, conclusion, and credits bits.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
So here are my prediction part

prediction
So here we have a transition chapter before the start of the tournament second round. Yet, we are introduced 2 new characters :
- A king which does not seem really concerned by his job. Will he play a big role in the future or stay a puppet character ? It is hard to guess yet. But Charles prediction show his castle burning so we will probably see him again soon.
- Bacchus who will be one of Fairy Tail opponent in the second round battle part. Against who will he fight ? We have 2 candidates who transform and the name start by E : Erza and Elfman. Given the relation between Bacchus and Erza, the logic would be that they fight each other.

As for the competition part, Natsu seems to be ready. If Gadjeel aligns for Fairy Tail B too, we could have a match between 3 Dragon slayers and finally see the power difference between Fairy Tail and Sabertooth dragons.

Concerning the knight, it is the third time we hear about That being ready. I sincerely hope it will arrive soon too, so that he can start to say something else. But from what we can see in Charles premonition, That is not really friendly. What will be the role of Lucy ? Who knows, but it seems that her character evolution is making big step
at the moment.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So, guys, I'm gone until next Friday. Get something thrown together for this week and next week. Good luck! :P

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Well from what I have seen in the commentaries, last chapter was not really worthy of a review.
I kinda agree, even I, who forgive a lot to Mashima didn't really like it.
So with Frosy and Bene out for the moment I guess the FT reviews are on hold