Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 165 - Spoilers and Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 165 - Spoilers and Discussion

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Chapter shows a brief explanation of who is Higuruma, his skills and abilities are considered as a grade 1 sorcerer.

Yuji tries to look for Higuruma's weaknesses.

Judgeman rules that Yuji is guilty with death penalty because of the mass murder he caused in shibuya.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But isn't Sukuna the culprit?

Khurram

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Itadori thinks he is too strong and there's no weaknesses. Then, he remembers that after a judgement, there can be a retrial. So the retrial is the weak point. But in the retrial, he's found guilty again. (Shibuya incident)

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 165 Title: Tokyo No. 1 Colony, Part 5

Higuruma is 36 years old and is a straight scorer in multiple high-difficulty law exams. He has an innate talent for cursed techniques.

In the 12 days since the start of the Culling Game, he has achieved the skills on par with a 1st Grade sorcerer.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Higuruma understood the basics of barrier techniques, From understanding the barrier techniques, he manages to accomplish reverse operation on his CT and improve its strength.

Before entering the colony, he had avoided curses, then beat 20 players at their own game

Higuruma is very very very impressed (but not in a good way) at the innate strength of Itadori's body, even without the usage of any Cursed Energy at all. Higuruma decides to use all his strength to attack Itadori.

Higuruma feels like he's fighting with an unbreakable puppet, while Itadori is stressing over whether Higuruma has a weakness he can use. Itadori then appeals for a retrial. Apparently, Judgeman only allows for 2 retrials.

Judgeman gives a retrial to Itadori: -Itadori Yuuji, on 31/10/2018, had committed mass murder in Shibuya Yuuji is in shock, but then he calmly admits and says: "Yeah, I did it. This is neither a lie nor a denial."

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I bet this will end up with the 2nd re-trial finding out that Sukuna and Yuji are separate persons, and Yuji is not responsible for his actions. This will be big for Yuji emotionally and meaningful for Higuruma, who wants fair justice and is a very empathetic man as shown in the flashback. That will conclude the fight and make Higuruma "sort-of-an-ally".

Well maybe not exactly like that, but this is really well written setup for Yujis character developement.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I wonder how Higuruma's power would work against other characters.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Im pretty sure any other character would have been turned into pasta. Is just that Yuji is practically Superman even without CE

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Even Maki and Toji ?
Well no, they would also handle it pretty easily since they are supermans aswell, not to mention stronger physically than Yuji.

When i said that, i was refering to your average sorcerer like Megumi and the other characters that depends of CE and techniques (i should have been more specific)

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
And Gojo ?

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
And Gojo ?
If he loses his CE then he gets beaten into a pulp, because obviously he doesnt have the physical strenght as either Yuji, Maki or Toji. But his DE may overpower Higurumas DE before getting sentenced tho.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
I wonder if this will lead to Yuji to develop his own CT. He has been getting roughed up in the recent chapters we've gotten so hopefully there's some good outcome at the end of the road for him.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I knew the Shibuya stuff would be brought out. Judging from Higuruma's reaction, I suspect he will end up becoming an ally just like Choso.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I knew the Shibuya stuff would be brought out. Judging from Higuruma's reaction, I suspect he will end up becoming an ally just like Choso.
For me it was obvious, basically the purpose of Yuji and Megumi was just that.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I bet this will end up with the 2nd re-trial finding out that Sukuna and Yuji are separate persons, and Yuji is not responsible for his actions. This will be big for Yuji emotionally and meaningful for Higuruma, who wants fair justice and is a very empathetic man as shown in the flashback. That will conclude the fight and make Higuruma "sort-of-an-ally".

Well maybe not exactly like that, but this is really well written setup for Yujis character developement.
Plus I feel it's also a way to kind of portray the effects of the Shibuya incident. It's not an experience Yuuji would easily get over imo, but perhaps this trial (looking at it from the perspective of a judge?) might help him to proces it better.
Must have been pretty traumatic after all.

Anyway, nice chapter this week! Find this to be a super interesting battle so far.
Alsooooo, like how Yuuji is forced to fight without the cursed energy - kind of makes him rely on Sukuna's strength less, and more on his own.

I agree that Higuruma will end up being an ally - I can't see how a character that's fair, a lawyer that looks at all the evidence view Yuuji as a violent criminal (or enemy for that matter), after 'reviewing' everything.

Last edited: