Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 173 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 173 - Spoilers & Discussion

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Plus we are into a death Game where is either kill or be killed.
Since Itadori added that rule its not anymore. Why do you think Reggie transferred points before death? To show it wasnt needed to kill him. Though yeah its still more that.

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I get the situation but he was the one that came up with the plan of getting points without killing. Was it just for Itadori? People might think its cool but lets be real about this - it degradation of Megumi. And its not going to end well for him.
Megumi also didn’t want Tsumiki to have to kill people. Megumi said at the start of this game, if needed to earn 100 points he would.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Megumi also didn’t want Tsumiki to have to kill people. Megumi said at the start of this game, if needed to earn 100 points he would.
Arent his actions actually opposite of what Tsumiki taught him?

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I get the situation but he was the one that came up with the plan of getting points without killing.
He said it at the beginning of course, but once he got into the game he had to change his attitude, and as mentioned he is considering Megumi's ruthless character towards enemies.

Of the main characters only Yuji has shown hesitation in killing.

I dont sure about Yuta since I dont read vol 0 but I suspect he wasnt exactly like that either.
The same Yuta who told Geto that he wanted to kill him?

I dont remember when killing criminals become okay.
From the very first chapters.

Megumi was the one who had declared to Yuji that he would not save a boy because he was guilty of killing a little girl by driving drunk ....

Even Nobara, the nice and funny friend, was not so shocked by the possibility of killing humans, saying in plain words that in her life there is limited seating.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Since Itadori added that rule its not anymore. Why do you think Reggie transferred points before death? To show it wasnt needed to kill him. Though yeah its still more that.
In fact, Megumi tried to escape throughout the fight, in the end Reggie tried to kill him at all costs and he replied.

It is perfectly consistent with the character and with the themes of the manga.

Gojo himself says he wouldn't have felt the slightest remorse in killing all the Time Vessel Association cultists.
Arent his actions actually opposite of what Tsumiki taught him?
You should have made this criticism right away ...

Last edited:

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The same Yuta who told Getto that he wanted to kill him?
Which was in the main battle of prequel and was pretty understandable. He didnt kill him though.
From the very first chapters.

Megumi was the one who had declared to Yuji that he would not save a boy because he was guilty of killing a little girl by driving drunk ....
Which isnt the same of course.
Even Nobara, the nice and funny friend, was not so shocked by the possibility of killing humans, saying in plain words that in her life there is limited seating.
If it was direct part of the job like what happened during battle with womb brothers.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Which was in the main battle of prequel and was pretty understandable. He didnt kill him though.
But Gojo did it.

However the fact that it is in the prequel has little to do with it, the Yuta of the prequel is quite different from that of the main manga.

Now Yuta is much more resolute.

Which isnt the same of course.
And why ever sorry?

If Megumi is willing to let a civilian die, let alone an enemy.

Maki herself tells Megumi that she doesn't give a damn about who she saves. .

If it was direct part of the job like what happened during battle with womb brothers.
And here it is not?

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
But Gojo did it.

However the fact that it is in the prequel has little to do with it, the Yuta of the prequel is quite different from that of the main manga.

Now Yuta is much more resolute.
Dont be naive. This is still shonen jump manga. Most likely Gege prepares to kill all characters that kill that way.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dont be naive. This is still shonen jump manga.
So what?

Now just because he's a shonen from the Jump the characters can't kill?

Kenshiro would have something to say ....

Jujutsu Kaisen has always been a very dark manga with morally ambiguous characters.

Gojo, the funny and funny sensei, is the one who killed over a thousand mutated humans without batting an eye.

Most likely Gege prepares to kill all characters that kill that way.
You mean, half of the cast?

I still don't see what's shocking or out of this world about what Megumi did ..

So what should Maki say?

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
You mean, half of the cast?
So what? I mean according to you
Jujutsu Kaisen has always been a very dark manga with morally ambiguous characters.
So why it cant be? Its pretty possible. It this chapter we have clear foreshadowing for Megumi.
I still don't see what's shocking or out of this world about what Megumi did ..
Never said anything about shocking. Said about how I dont see this as a good development.
So what should Maki say?
Nothing lol. Some people really expect Maki be alive at the end?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
So what? I mean according to you
It seems to me that you're the one who gets into trouble with characters killing.

The characters themselves do not and have never had problems, only Yuji who unlike the others, however, is a recent addict in the world of sorcerers, so he is not used to the extremes of him.

Never said anything about shocking. Said about how I dont see this as a good development.
Can you tell me a Jujutsu Kaisen character who didn't kill?

That is, Gojo who would like to exterminate an entire religious sects is fine, but Megumi who kills in self-defense isn't it?

Nothing lol. Some people really expect Maki be alive at the end?
Why shouldn't it be?

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It seems to me that you're the one who gets into trouble with characters killing.
I came from Gintama fandom. Characters there killed left and right. But there it was always like that. In kaisen I have feeling that editorial just gave Gege cart blanche and we have what we are having now. Practically I feel it as inconsistency. I might very well be wrong though.
Why shouldn't it be?
Absolutely amazing.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I came from Gintama fandom. Characters there killed left and right. But there it was always like that. In kaisen I have feeling that editorial just gave Gege cart blanche and we have what we are having now. Practically I feel it as inconsistency. I might very well be wrong though.
I still don't see where these inconsistencies would be.

Really, if maybe you list them to me .....

And above all, what is wrong with the author having carte blanche?

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That rule doesnt mean much if the enemies don't want to transfer their points tho, and instead prefer to keep killing. It just gives another alternative, something that Megumi himself proceeded to do at the beggining, but Reggie and his group still wanted to hunt his ass, to the point Megumi had to fight back going all out.

It won't work if the enemies don't want to back down.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Did Megumi undo the wolf familiar by himself? Or was it extinguished by Angel (Iirc this was their ability, right?)

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Did Megumi undo the wolf familiar by himself? Or was it extinguished by Angel (Iirc this was their ability, right?)
I have the feeling it was by the Angel, tho the panel of him where it seems he was talking with Tsumiki was strange. Was he hallucinating or something ?

I really like the last page. Yuta's face is so serious. He's here for business and not to fuck around.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I have the feeling it was by the Angel, tho the panel of him where it seems he was talking with Tsumiki was strange. Was he hallucinating or something ?
That was what threw me off as well. Like he curses Tsumiki, then collapses? So I wondered if he let go of the wolf he had set after Remi because he remembered Tsumiki.
I'd really like if it was the Angel who cancelled it. That was my favorite panel of the chapter, Angel above Megumi.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think he did it

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
One thing tho, pretty clear now that Reggie is not a new gen sorcerer. His ability tho fits the current world, which I found quite funny.

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
One thing tho, pretty clear now that Reggie is not a new gen sorcerer. His ability tho fits the current world, which I found quite funny.
Megumi struggling is less embarrassing for me too.