Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 174 - Spoilers & Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 174 - Spoilers & Discussion

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Jujutsu Kaisen will be on Break next week in Weekly Shonen Jump Issue 11.

Chapter title is Sendai Barrier 1

Uro and Ishigoori watch as Lakdawala's shikigami (which look like the king bug from Nausicaa) vanish. A player hears about the change in points from the kogane. Several ordinary civilians hide under a guard rail, trying to get out of the colony, but a hoard of cockroaches approaches them like a tsunami. (Each and every one of them is drawn very distinctly.)
The people who wanted to escape explode. The cockroach curse's blood (?) attacks Okkotsu. (t/n: it's probably referring back to 'like Choso's blood attack, but cockroaches.) If it were just one, it wouldn't be a problem - but in a large group, it becomes dangerous.
'Rika, take them down!' Rika attacks from the air. The guardrail explodes too, and all the civilians flee. The cockroach dodges Rika's attack and tries to attack Okkotsu, but it's blocked by an attack like the Demon Sword. The cockroach curse appears.
It thought it had poor synergy with Dhruv's technique, so it was hibernating within Dhruv's barrier. Now that it's awake, it's famished. It decides to eat Okkotsu.
Okkotsu considers the four rules that they want to add, and then thinks about Gojo. 'I don't want sensei to have to kill his best friend again, so I'll kill Kenjaku myself. I'll get those 400 points on my own.'
There's an image of the cockroach curse holding a cursed tool.

Convergent

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Kurouroshi is done for next chapter. Yuta is deranged and I love it. Though I think he’d lose to Kenjaku it’s nice to see he’s confident.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Kurouroshi is done for next chapter. Yuta is deranged and I love it. Though I think he’d lose to Kenjaku it’s nice to see he’s confident.
Who knows if Kurouroshi will be as strong as Dagon or Hanami.

Convergent

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Who knows if Kurouroshi will be as strong as Dagon or Hanami.
Maybe? Though I doubt it. Even still, I think Yuta is stronger than all the disasters (he does need feats to back this up), so he should be alright.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Maybe? Though I doubt it. Even still, I think Yuta is stronger than all the disasters (he does need feats to back this up), so he should be alright.
Though that's what I was worried about going into this arc. When you have OP characters like Yuta and Maki (and now Takaba) running around, it kind of removes the tension. See Dhruv getting killed pretty much instantly.

Hopefully the other three are actually a threat to him.

Convergent

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Though that's what I was worried about going into this arc. When you have OP characters like Yuta and Maki (and now Takaba) running around, it kind of removes the tension. See Dhruv getting killed pretty much instantly.

Hopefully the other three are actually a threat to him.
Yuta's a special grade so that was almost always gonna be the case, but that's also why I think he's probably been nerfed since vol0 (no more copy). Takaba is a wild card as we haven't seen him do anything crazy, and Maki is super strong; but there are also plenty of match-ups that could trouble her, IMO.

These remaining 3 pillars should all be really strong and maybe they'll team up? SG sorcerers are in a tier of their own so this is to be expected, we'll see though.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Of course it was gonna be cockroach.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 174 Title: Sendai Colony 1

The cursed tool is called Ranshoutou ( The sword of brilliant life). The sword is a demonic sword, a hybridization of death and life.

Senpai_BasedGod

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 174 Title: Sendai Colony 1

The cursed tool is called Ranshoutou ( The sword of brilliant life). The sword is a demonic sword, a hybridization of death and life.
That seems op, but I wonder if yuta can also replicate cursed tool abilities

MonsterEnvy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If the cockroach knows Domain expansion it could be threatening.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I can tell by that slash alone Yuta wasn't remotely serious against Yuji.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Okkotsu masterclass incoming.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Always was a fan of Yuta. He's actually a more likeable MC than Yuji, so glad he is getting these chapters to himself.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
How come Yuta is deranged ? He seems to be sane enough...

Good chapter. Looks like this will be a very interesting fight and perhaps we will see Yuta go all out a bit. I really dig Yuta's current design compared to his design in JJK 0.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy