Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 179 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 179 - Spoilers & Discussion

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't think that's the case, Gojo wouldn't have had the same problems Yuta had.

Regarding the "tension", it all depends on what you mean, a story is not based only on the powers of the characters. :)
Gojo was removed from the story for a reason.

And the powers of the characters play a big role in the story when it focuses so much on the fights (as Kaisen has).

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gojo was removed from the story for a reason.

And the powers of the characters play a big role in the story when it focuses so much on the fights (as Kaisen has).
But this is a scenario designed specifically for Yuta tho. We are just seeing the extensions of his powers,plus what he can and he can't do, right now we know that he is actually beatable and is more vulnerable than Gojo.

Is not a Gojo situation because even if Yuta is powerful, he still lacks the omnipotent factor the former had, Gojo is literally an untouchable god, Yuta is just a kid with many buffs that you need to be strong enough and know what to do to deal with him. If it was Gojo, the Culling Game would be over already, and Kenjaku would be dead.

Also this is Yuta all alone, he cant do anything for the people in other places (unlike Gojo), he is still isolated from everyone else.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But this is a scenario designed specifically for Yuta tho. We are just seeing the extensions of his powers,plus what he can and he can't do, right now we know that he is actually beatable and is more vulnerable than Gojo.

Is not a Gojo situation because even if Yuta is powerful, he still lacks the omnipotent factor the former had, Gojo is literally an untouchable god, Yuta is just a kid with many buffs that you need to be strong enough and know what to do to deal with him. If it was Gojo, the Culling Game would be over already, and Kenjaku would be dead.

Also this is Yuta all alone, he cant do anything for the people in other places (unlike Gojo), he is still isolated from everyone else.
I didn't mention much of what you're mentioning. I'm comparing him to Gojo, not saying he's as strong as him.

MonsterEnvy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think it's implied that he has to see them ....
I think in order to copy an Technique the person has to be unconscious or dead.

Brainfreeze

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
After this Yuta will have granite blast and be able to fold space like uro. Kenjaku in Yutas body would give Gojo problems.

MonsterEnvy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
After this Yuta will have granite blast and be able to fold space like uro. Kenjaku in Yutas body would give Gojo problems.
Probably not.

Clixxy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably not.
Even though gojo the GOAT I do think if kenjaku had yutas body and his huge reserves of cursed energy I do think kenjaku has an advantage with experience and knowledge/spells. Lots of energy and with physical upgrades,kenjaku would be able to put gojo in situations like Shibuya X 10 but quicker and with endless energy to make perfect forcing gojo into difficult life or death situations and not to mention he has rika!!!! Ya gojo fighting the both at the same time and if domain expansion of yuta goes hard then and possibly be able to be more refined cause of the experience and being an ancient body hopping brain who has the ability to make the domain expansion mo Betta n shit and gojo gets caught in it...L +ratio+ hot dog fingers booooyyyy!

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Oh seems the like the first spoilers were fake. A shame we didn't get to see what Yuta's domain can do, but I suppose Gege is keeping that for later.

I am a bit surprised the cockroach made an appearance again, but at least now it's a 1vs1 scenario. I can hardly imagine Yuta struggling here no matter unless he is close to hit his timelimit.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Oh seems the like the first spoilers were fake. A shame we didn't get to see what Yuta's domain can do, but I suppose Gege is keeping that for later.
Are you sure he won't use it in the next one?

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Are you sure he won't use it in the next one?
You mean against Ishigori in round 2 ? Doubt it honestly... If all he can do is spam Cursed Energy beams, I think Yuta should be able to handle that without domain as long as Rika is somehow with him.

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Personally I wouldn't like it if it didn't even show one domain ....

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm pretty disappointed that we didn't get to see any of the domains. Yuta's I understand Gege probably wants to save that for Kenjaku or something, but the other two we won't have any other opportunities. Ishigori is probably gonna die next chapter and Uro lost an arm which probably means she can't cast DE again.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Uro lost an arm which probably means she can't cast DE again.
I don't think it's a problem for Yuta .... he has already reattached Maki's leg, he can do the same for Uro too.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Chapter was pretty stupid. Did we really need the cockroach back? Now we're basically back to the same cliffhanger we had form 2 chapters ago, smh.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
One of the most hype moments in the series, and the freaking cockroach comes back and ruins it, also leads to Uro being taken out :-_-. At least she's not dead, but I much preferred the conclusion from the fake leaks.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Did we really need the cockroach back? Now we're basically back to the same cliffhanger we had form 2 chapters ago, smh.
I agree on the first point.

I don't mind the focus on Ryu though.

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ngl, this chapter was some Tite Kubo levels of trolling lol

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Since Yuta Okotsu can copy curse techiques even if they're a hereditary technique passed down in a sorcerer clan. Can he copy Mahito,Jogo and Choso curse techiques if he knows and see them?

Can he copy Megumi Shikigami and Kamo blood manipulation techiques? How about Satoru limitless/Six eyes techiques? I wish to know the limits of his abilities.

Sad I didn t get too see any of their domains. So its Yuta vs Ryu ishigori next chapter. I am excited. I want too see what else can Yuta do in his full power.

Great chapter

Last edited:

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Author comment: