Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 196 - Spoilers & Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 196 - Spoilers & Discussion

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there're several large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
From Ducky:

Miyo 64's simple domain is straightforward; a domain that is purely for sumo and sumo only. All elements (including cursed energy) are erased, leaving only the sumo battlers. Currently in the ring, are Miyo and Maki

"Relax, lady. Come have a round of sumo with me!"

The domain will not be completed if both sides, do not agree to a match. Maki has not yet agreed, so the domain is not fully formed.

"Alright then, I'll take you up on the offer." Then Maki agrees to the sumo face-off.

Noritoshi is shaken by Maki's choice.
"What are you thinking about?!"

Maki looks back at him. "I'm overthinking. Let me blow off some steam."

She falls down into an initial crouch.
"What am I missing, what am I not seeing?!"

She comes at Miyo savagely, to Miyo's surprise. They maneuver around, and Miyo slams Maki down.

"Sumo's the best!!! But lady, that's not your best, is it. When we took off, I knew it. If I were to intercept you from the front, I would be devoured."

Miyo then faces Maki.
"Tell me. I'll listen. Why can't you focus."

To Maki, there is nobody she sees as a teacher (instructor, master). To be strong, she worked herself, never even thinking of relying on someone.

But for some reason, she ends up telling Miyo her worries.

Miyo nods in understanding. "I get it. Stand, lady, and battle me again. I have no other way of teaching, only through sumo I can impart this knowledge."

Miyo lectures Maki while fighting sumo.
"You're too caught up with partners, curses, in short, you're thinking too much of the humans."

"But isn't that what sumo is?"

"Inside the wrestling ring, meeting the opponent head to head, in other words, communication. But that opponent is 'born' outside the ring."

"To brood, to think carefully on the humans inside the ring, you have to leave the ring. But that's not actually possible though."

A deep lecture about the meaning of facing the wrestling ring, being able to smell the sunlight, hear the sound, and feel the body of the opponent as if it were your own.

That is what is considered..... freedom. Miyo then challenges Maki to a final battle. Maki breaks out from the simple domain, with a grin on her face. "I'm in tip-top condition!" Preview: Shine bright, Maki!! *No break next week.

Last edited:

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Jjk CH 196

Sakurajima Colony 6

Sumo Guy asks if Maki likes to wrestle and she agrees to it because she wants to refresh herself to realise what she's lacking.

A simple domain gets casted once she agrees to the fight. Maki looses the first round against Sumo guy

Sumo dude tells Maki that she's lost in her thoughts and he understood what the samurai guy said. But he could teach her only through sumo fight

Pics-1 2.https://i.imgur.com/Ny3KiuB.jpg 3.https://i.imgur.com/jujk2rC.jpg 4.https://i.imgur.com/j0I9kM9.jpg 5.https://i.imgur.com/fiqnb8T.jpg 6.https://i.imgur.com/KDrxf61.jpg 7.https://i.imgur.com/o7BvP4V.jpg 8.https://i.imgur.com/4Dk6UEE.jpg.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh my, what enthusiasm for this chapter ...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Basically, Kappa guy said to Maki to forget everything around her and enjoy herself during the fight, so...
"I don't give a damn" Maki is the key to become stronger? :twitch

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Basically, Kappa guy said to Maki to forget everything around her and enjoy herself during the fight, so...
"I don't give a damn" Maki is the key to become stronger? :twitch
It's the same thing that Mahito said to Hanami.

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's stating that the answers that Maki is looking for are not within the closed space she has confined herself, she needs to be more open and immerse herself in the moment, and gradually she will understand everything.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Sumo guy was what besto friendo was to Yuji
I really liked seeing Maki's smile at the end, especially as it has been ages since we last her smile. I suspect she might end up one shotting Naoya and he might acknowledge that she is indeed like Toji

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Was this chapter necessary?

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't think it should've taken a chapter imo, but I think it is fine. I expect Gege to wrap up things with Naoya in the next chapter

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The same could be said of most of the chapters of the manga
I love that domains are serving as comic relief now. There's honestly not enough of that in JJK.

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I love that domains are serving as comic relief now. There's honestly not enough of that in JJK.
Honestly dont know whats so comic relief about it. If anything its just Sumo guy being a wacky character

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Honestly dont know whats so comic relief about it. If anything its just Sumo guy being a wacky character
In all the seriousness about domain expansions being the ultimate trump card moves, we have this guy. Whose domain expansion as a sorcerer… brought back from the dead… is literally “I want to have a legit sumo match that no one can stop and without any of this cursed technique superpower nonsense.”

Maki then leaps at the chance and in wrestling with ancient kappa monster parody sumo enthusiast she gets an intense lesson in Zen.

If that’s not taking the piss out of domains I don’t know what is. I’m highly entertained.

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
In all the seriousness about domain expansions being the ultimate trump card moves, we have this guy. Whose domain expansion as a sorcerer… brought back from the dead… is literally “I want to have a legit sumo match that no one can stop and without any of this cursed technique superpower nonsense.”

Maki then leaps at the chance and in wrestling with ancient kappa monster parody sumo enthusiast she gets an intense lesson in Zen.

If that’s not taking the piss out of domains I don’t know what is. I’m highly entertained.
Thats not a domain expansion tho. Thats a simple domain enhanced with a vinding vow.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just as much as the main plot been about finding a bunch of fingers.
Imo this one was more interesting
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And she doesn't get the Auto-Hit from when a domain is summoned and just move freely inside and get outside anytime she wants.

I was thinking about a detail. Toji was always strong but just when he left his family and never got involved again with Jujutsu High, he started to become famous and probably even stronger (he was the master of "i don't give a damn, he sold out even Megumi.
My point is: during Maki's awakening we saw those birds flying which represents becoming free from her family. Then now we saw the same birds when she "awakened" her free state of mind and got free from her past self for good. So... are we going to see Maki leaving JJH to become independent? This would represent her 3rd step for freedom and in this chapter she told the Kappa guy that she never saw anybody as a mentor and like she said to Megumi before "she doesn't care about saving people", Maki basically stayed at the JJH to become stronger and show this to her family, but she doesn't have a family anymore, and her anomaly-like powers is very rare so nobody knows how to deal with it or what they can teach her. Maybe Maki is really leaving JJH for good real soon (if it still exist after all this mess of course.). Especially when they find out what she did to her entire family. (Noritoshi already knows she killed Naoya and soon will connect the dots).
Maki is a criminal now, right? She just erased one of the 3 great families...

caihanzhang

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
It's funny to add this episode between the fight. playing Sumo to level up and fight again... WTF

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Gaku

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
And she doesn't get the Auto-Hit from when a domain is summoned and just move freely inside and get outside anytime she wants.
Not sure what are you about on , but this is false

She can enter and leave the culling game barriers at free will since she doesnt have neither curse energy or technique.

But she cant do the same on domains.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Not sure what are you about on , but this is false

She can enter and leave the culling game barriers at free will since she doesnt have neither curse energy or technique.

But she cant do the same on domains.
She just entered a domain in this chapter...

Gaku

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
She just entered a domain in this chapter...
A simple domain which she agreed to enter

Which was part of the binding vow.