Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 208 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 208 - Spoilers & Discussion

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
The way I understood is that anti-gravity is the original CT. And so, it must have the ability to withstand the black hole’s gravitational pull (although Kenjaku noted that Yuki’s reluctance to go all out and Tengen’s barrier reduced the effect of the black hole). The details are not clear, but in essence, he turned his body into a domain not affected by gravity.

Going back to the DE, i can’t help but think that it is a gravity one. When Yuki’s simple domain was destroyed, she got hit by the gravity. I don’t think Kenjaku can simultaneously use Geto’s DE and the gravity CT

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
So, I have completely missed that reverse cursed techniques goes beyond healing and that's basically how Gojo fights by pushing and pulling. However, because of that I can't help but feel that Yuki should've seen this coming. She fights someone with the ability of gravity so she hits thme with the ultimate form of gravity. She should've known that he'd have the ability to either reverse his gravity tech or reveal that his gravity was reverse all along.

Then again, what other choice did she have? Unless she herself was capable of decreaseing mass and thus density.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The way the techniques work in JJK is still a bit of a mystery to me. I need to re-read everything. I understood the CT Reversal this time, but I need to comprehend it all a bit more.

Itadori must have inherited something gravity-related. Curious to see if that's indeed the case.

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The way the techniques work in JJK is still a bit of a mystery to me. I need to re-read everything. I understood the CT Reversal this time, but I need to comprehend it all a bit more.

Itadori must have inherited something gravity-related. Curious to see if that's indeed the case.
Basically CT:Reversal inverts a cursed technique to give it an alternate effect, if you had a magnetism ability for instance and can attract an object CT Reversal will Repel it instead. It’s done by essentially applying some level of Reverse Cursed Energy but how much is unclear.
But it’s still not explained too well in the series because apparently using RCE to heal others is stupidly difficult, using it on yourself is hard but far easier and using it in a technique appears to be the middle difficulty on the RCE format.
This is where it gets hazy to me, according to sources online and the manga, outputting RCE say like Yuta does to kill a curse has roughly the same difficulty as healing others, however you also need to use that RCE to apply CTR and invert your abilities. But at the same time it doesn’t necessarily immediately kill curses. I’m gonna assume you need to inject pure “positive energy” into a curse for it have an effect, not just use it to invert a technique.
I’m sure we will get a more definitive answer once one of the main trio/duo will learn RCT.

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The whole "I used a domain expansion and applied my cursed technique to...MYSELF" explanation of how Kenjaku survived Yuki's black hole is a massive ass-pull. His whole "this is how I nullified your technique" thing should have applied equally to Yuki: she also had reversed cursed technique and thus she should have been able to nullify his gravity attacks from the second hit onward by ad-hoc changing her own mass. Especially if the tensegrity of her body is unaffected by the changes in density.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
As a lot of readers have mentioned in other sites, being in the vicinity of a black hole means the target becomes subject to time dilation - Kenjaku entered the Sunyata Barrier at midnight, and after a short fight, it is already daylight; it is unknown how much time has passed since Yuki released her extension technique.
I'm assuming Kenjaku is sure of his victory here, but the extra time Yuki's technique bought will allow the Culling Games players to arrive in time and fight Kenjaku. I'm not even sure this is Tengen's true body, seeing how calm he appears to be despite sweating bricks a few chapters back.

Watch Yuta ambush Kenjaku once the events catch up to the current timeline.