Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 212 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 212 - Spoilers & Discussion

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Thinking about it, doesn't knocking someone unconscious count as harming someone?
Also, does the japanese wording Sukuna used when forming the binding vow somehow exclude him harming Yuji? If you say you cannot harm anyone, then that includes the host body.

But whatever, I'm just excited to see Sukuna have a role in the story for now.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Thinking about it, doesn't knocking someone unconscious count as harming someone?
If it's bloodless, I don't think so

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
If it's bloodless, I don't think so
I don't really like the logistics behind it, as it means Sukuna can just slip a poison in someone's drink and it won't break the binding vow.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
There's a difference between poisoning someone and putting them to sleep.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Well, not in this case, because you're not drawing blood or doing any acute damage in that minute.
You can argue you're doing more harm in knocking someone out during that one minute, as you're reducing the blood perfusion to their brains and causing a collapse.

I don't like the development as the words at play are very circumstantial. Gege just used it to fit his story, as opposed to using a genuinely clever loophole.

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But the point is that Sukuna shouldn't kill or hurt anyone (obviously not specifying Itadori himself).

I don't think he hurt or killed Hana, he just put her to sleep.

Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
But that's exactly my point, why is Itadori not included under "anyone"?
As for harming or killing someone, "harm" is such a loose term in this context, which is why I don't like it. Sure, it's not a big deal either way, but if I were to go behind someone and render them unconscious, that definitely qualifies as harm in my eyes.

Whatever, it's a manga, I'm putting too much thought into it.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
It was probably a stipulation

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I called it months ago and I'm calling it again: Yuji is going to become a "super Toji". Sure he's a death womb painting but the thing that made Yuji unique was his lack of cursed energy, which translated into enhanced physical performance. It's been commented on by other characters a few times over the years - Yuji runs real fast, hits real hard, etc even when not using cursed energy.

Sukuna transferring himself in whole over to Megumi means he's just permanently ripped all of his CE out of Yuji. Yuji won't be a match for him, but my guess is he's going to be another Maki, or stronger.

I'm thinking Yuji's whole "design" as a death womb painting was an experiment to see if you could create a human/curse hybrid without cursed energy, that is, a curse or part-curse that can take advantage of the heavenly restriction buff. Kenjaku probably considered him a failure because his degree of heavenly restriction wasn't impressive - on the level of Maki in the first arc. But at least Yuji's traits enabled him to survive becoming a Sukuna vessel.

The endgame of this manga is gonna be essentially a bunch of Tojis (sorcerers and latent sorcerers who lost or gave up their cursed energy to become essentially superpowered humans, or an army of Steve Rogers) vs Kenjaku, Sukuna et al. That's the whole "which direction does humanity go into - removed CE or refining it" philosophical question that keeps recurring in the plot.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
It could be, but I find it strange that Gojo's prophecy that Yuji will inherit the Sukuna technique won't come true

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Also, does the japanese wording Sukuna used when forming the binding vow somehow exclude him harming Yuji? If you say you cannot harm anyone, then that includes the host body.
This is probably why Sukuna called what he did a gamble. My theory is that a binding vow's efficiency depends more on how the people involved interpret the contents of a vow.

Since Yuji has been thinking himself a cog lately, subconsciously he didn't think of himself as a person under the vow. This is probably why Sukuna killed all those people in Shibuya, to make Yuji think this way.

Dynamight

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m wondering if Sukuna is going to use Megumi‘s body to use his 10 shadow technique to create a Real version of himself (Sukuna). What happens with Megumi body then? & What does this all mean for Yuji?

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is it just me or does it seem like now with this whole "incarnated sorcerers" thing and Sukuna body-hopping, that the author is just really fond of Kenjaku's trick and is giving other characters analogous versions of it?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Is it just me or does it seem like now with this whole "incarnated sorcerers" thing and Sukuna body-hopping, that the author is just really fond of Kenjaku's trick and is giving other characters analogous versions of it?
But actually it happened before, you know Cursed Womb ?

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wondering why Sukuna didn't do this in Shibuya, could've fed Megumi there too and went with Uraume. Though I guess this might be due to the culling game being an important part. Also, doubt he's gonna be in Megumi's body for long. In Shibuya, he said he needed Megumi to do something. So make a body(?), and then rendezvous with Uraume, who's been making preparations. And this where it diverges from Kenjaku, who doesn't know about this.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
This is probably why Sukuna called what he did a gamble.
Yes, that's why I mentioned it above. It's just that it worked out and therefore it's like "okay, sure."

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
But actually it happened before, you know Cursed Womb ?
Cursed wombs aren’t body hopping. It’s just an immature cursed spirit that matures into something much more dangerous. Basically an evolved Pokémon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wondering if Sukuna’s intending to commandeer all the culling game cursed energy to use as the fuel for Megumi to incarnate for him a perfect body.

…not that the shadow technique really works that way, but lots of us are suspecting it.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You should reread the Yasohachi Bridge arc
I stand corrected. So various iterations of body-hopping have been a thing in JJK since forever, if you count the death paintings (not regular cursed wombs) and tengen, Sukuna, Kenjaku, etc.

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really like the logistics behind it, as it means Sukuna can just slip a poison in someone's drink and it won't break the binding vow.
The key factor behind the Binding Vow is probably intent. If you intend to poison or draw blood from someone you intend to cause harm since those two cases constitute damage and/or harm in terms of severity.
Intent to simply “incapacitate” can be interpreted in various ways, keep someone from harm, stop them interfering and forcing your own hand to cause actual harm. Plus it’s a common theme in many manga that characters will often knock others unconscious to prevent interference and isn’t often seen in a negative light.