Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 216 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 216 - Spoilers & Discussion

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Another woman made to get killed by Gege.
A new trend in mangas
Atleast be thankful it was Ryu the one getting packed instead of Uro lol

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Is she better character of two? No.
Well if you ask me, she actually has a more substancial lore and background going on linking to Sukuna and the heian hera, and a more interesting goal. Ryu was just a strong meathead who just wanted a fun fight and already got what he wanted with Yuta.

Yurupary

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I believe that Kenjaku is interested in the Bath because he wants to replicate the process after merging Tengen, idk but for me, using Yuji as a vessel was to train his body to sustain high quantities of CE and "soul"? Maybe now that Yuji does not have any CE is the time to insert high quantities of CE in his body, and create an evolved being...

PD: sorry for my english

Gaku

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Maybe now that Yuji does not have any CE is the time to insert high quantities of CE in his body, and create an evolved being...

PD: sorry for my english
It hasnt been stated that Yuji now doesnt have cursed energy

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Maybe now that Yuji does not have any CE is the time to insert high quantities of CE in his body, and create an evolved being...
Sorry, but why shouldn't he have it anymore?

It hasnt been stated that Yuji now doesnt have cursed energy
Except Maki and Toji, all living beings have cursed energy.

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Sorry, but why shouldn't he have it anymore?

Except Maki and Toji, all living beings have cursed energy.
All Japan you mean

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
All Japan you mean
No, all living beings.

Cursed energy is a characteristic of every living being, but only sorcerers can manipulate it.

In Japan, thanks to the Tengen barrier, there is only a higher concentration of sorcerers and curses than in the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Senoirmeow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ah now this makes sense. The entire idea of Sukuna having a crush on someone else other than him would’ve been too weird

Seeing how Ryu got quickly disposed of, i think Kashimo would lose badly in a 1vs1 against Sukuna
Kashimo will lose but I doubt it would be as one sided as Ryu. Kashimo is probably as strong as a Supreme Grade 1 Sorceror without using a Cursed Technique. There’s no telling how strong his actual technique is. - it might even be a special grace calibre technique. He got along fine in life without using it once against presumably Grade 1 sorcerers.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hana is still alive anyway, otherwise Kogane would have announced her death.

Kenjaku explains why Yorozu is in Sendai.

He says a person who incarnated for the first time in a 1000years would naturally visit their hometown & then go to a nearby colony. Which is why, Yorozu first went to her hometown Aizu & later to Sendai

Migi_0

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
So, The fact they both are in Sendai means that the rule Yorozu added wasn't useless. Now the question is... will all the cast to regroup together in order to choose which ones are going to fight With Sukuna and which ones With Kenjaku?

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Aa
No, all living beings.

Cursed energy is a characteristic of every living being, but only sorcerers can manipulate it.

In Japan, thanks to the Tengen barrier, there is only a higher concentration of sorcerers and curses than in the rest of the world.
There's plenty of hints that Yuji may be a "next generation heavenly restriction" type character without cursed energy.

1 - he's never had a cursed technique.
2 - his fighting style was all hand-to-hand, so based on pure physical strength, same as a heavenly restriction user. Sure there was all that "black flash" stuff but notice how Black Flash as a named technique basically got dropped the second Gege started showing us how overpowered heavenly restriction is?
3 - an overriding theme of this story has been whether the evolution of humanity should be via "abandoning cursed energy" or "refining cursed energy". WHICH BASICALLY MEANS: should everyone become something other than human, or just the strongest possible human via heavenly restriction?

Yuji has superhuman strength without any mention of having zero cursed energy. He's also not a sorcerer. He's also no longer a vessel for Sukuna.

TBH, the closest comparable to Yuji right now would be the previous, incomplete Maki. Consider the difference between her, then, and her, now. If Yuji's an incomplete or failed experiment by Kenjaku into the possibilities of "discarding cursed energy", then, should something happen to him, like Maki, which "took" the remaining traces of cursed energy away from him, he'd be a "heavenly restriction beyond heavenly restriction" superhuman.

Or in other words, Yuji would be someone who could stand as an equal and opposite to Sukuna, Gojo, etc.

//footnote: yes I know Yuji COULD develop his own cursed technique, etc, become a sorcerer properly. This is incredibly unlikely. Shonen manga don't suddenly have the main character turn into a different style of fighter. Just doesn't happen. Naruto only ever does shadow clone + rasengan. Ichigo only does sword slashes. Demon slayers only ever do fancy elemental damage sword swings, etc etc etc.

Senoirmeow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Aa
//footnote: yes I know Yuji COULD develop his own cursed technique, etc, become a sorcerer properly. This is incredibly unlikely. Shonen manga don't suddenly have the main character turn into a different style of fighter. Just doesn't happen. Naruto only ever does shadow clone + rasengan. Ichigo only does sword slashes. Demon slayers only ever do fancy elemental damage sword swings, etc etc etc.
As much as I’d love Yuji to use a cursed technique; correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure it has been stated that if someone doesn’t innately manifest a technique between age 5 and 6 or reveal that they have an inherited one by blood, they can only utilise Shikigami and Barrier techniques. Pretty sure that’s why people like Kusakabe and Ijichi being prime examples since they are quite old and have had many years to try and develop one.

I liked your theory of Yuji excelling above any Heavenly Restricted Sorceror; since he was far stronger than Maki during the Tokyo/Kyoto event arc. Her increase in power places her pretty close if not equal to Toji minus the experience he had.

Yurupary

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
In the previous fight I didn't saw the use of CE from him, and if you remember the fight against Mahito, Hanami or Eso, he used it pretty well, so at least he should used once in this fight. But apart from that, the most curious thing is the page when Sukuna sees the cut in his finger...so maybe Yuji already is taking Sukuna's CT, and maybe he is developing his CE but he hasn't noticed...

Phaizzy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aye guys… I just started reading JJK like 4 chapters ago. I don’t plan to go back and read. I’m just gonna wait for the anime….
I’m a bit confused though and please spoil it for me.

Sakuna seems to be the apex of strength… Gojo is sealed? (That’s what I heard). Is there anybody even out there that can beat sakuna ? Like anybody?

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
In the previous fight I didn't saw the use of CE from him, and if you remember the fight against Mahito, Hanami or Eso, he used it pretty well, so at least he should used once in this fight. But apart from that, the most curious thing is the page when Sukuna sees the cut in his finger...so maybe Yuji already is taking Sukuna's CT, and maybe he is developing his CE but he hasn't noticed...
I hope that is the case. JJK has to be the only manga where the hero is taking so many consecutive Ls. My boy Yuji needs to poweruo

Gaku

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Aye guys… I just started reading JJK like 4 chapters ago. I don’t plan to go back and read. I’m just gonna wait for the anime….
I’m a bit confused though and please spoil it for me.

Sakuna seems to be the apex of strength… Gojo is sealed? (That’s what I heard). Is there anybody even out there that can beat sakuna ? Like anybody?
Sukuna is the king of curses yes

Gojo has been sealed for quite some days (20)manga time

And Takaba could wipe the floor with Sukuna easily.

Also, just read the manga its better

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yuta according to Yuji.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I am starting to believe that Gege might screw with us and really not have a happy ending for JJK. I am trying to think of how the story will unfold, and the good guys simply lack too much information and lack strength to oppose this mad combination of Kenjaku and Sukuna, unless 1) Kashimo and Yuta surprise us 2) Gojo is freed now 3) Yuji gets some sort of powerup.

I am genuinely struggling to see Yuta win against Sukuna. He can most likely take on Kenjaku but the bastard is really strong. Uraume is not at the level of Kenjaku and Sukuna imo, but she is freakishly strong too. Kashimo's CT must be something really haxx if it can only be used once, so hopefully that will somehow weaken Sukuna. But what I think they should be doing is freeing Gojo asap since Angel is still alive.