Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 229 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 229 - Spoilers & Discussion

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
By definition he is not GOAT
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Again, he is not GOAT so calling him GOATjo is stupid af. GOAT would mean he was the greatest sorceror of all time, which he's not. Especially when he dies at age 27 in a 1v1 which he started with an attack where others buffed him
Remember Gojo is a sorcerer, Sukuna is a curse. He’d still go down as the strongest sorcerer.

TBH my worry is that Gojo beats Sukuna in a non-permanent way, but basically sheds his humanity and/or sanity in doing so. It’s been repeated a few times that the looser the sorcerer’s screws are the stronger they get.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Again, he is not GOAT so calling him GOATjo is stupid af. GOAT would mean he was the greatest sorceror of all time, which he's not. Especially when he dies at age 27 in a 1v1 which he started with an attack where others buffed him
We don’t care, he is still GOATJO

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty funny Sukuna’s kind of realised he can’t actually beat Gojo without using Megumi’s power. That’s gotta be humbling. Other times he used Megumi’s technique was to mentally distress him or to test it. If he’s using Ten Shadows now it means he’s basically admitted his Malevolent shrine isn’t superior to Limitless.

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Goatjo is stronger than Sakuna, because this chapter implies, he is not fighting to kill sakuna, but fighting to injure him to an extent to save Megumi.

Where as Sakuna is fighting to kill.

If Goatjo wanted to end Sakuna, fight would be over by now, unless Sakuna had yet to shown us hidden powers.... which is unlikely.

Last edited:

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Why is this bull?
[/QUOTE]

Because a villian is not suppose to be this broken. Cause if he could ever be defeated then people will just complain more. Course, if he is meant to eb invicible then thats even more bull. Nothing is more annoying then seeing a smug, jerkass, maniac not getting karma.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Because a villian is not suppose to be this broken. Cause if he could ever be defeated then people will just complain more. Course, if he is meant to eb invicible then thats even more bull. Nothing is more annoying then seeing a smug, jerkass, maniac not getting karma.
Thing is, the way the fight has been going, Sukuna has been relying on counters and technicalities to have the upper hand, while Gojo, while still using his brain, has also relied on purely powering through Sukuna, which eventually led to him landing a decisive blow that Sukuna would have normally been defeated by.
Gojo is more of a powerhouse and a cheatcode.

In my eyes, this chapter shows that in a fight between them both with their original abilities, Sukuna will eventually lose in the long run, but he used this time to bridge the difference by adapting with the Ten Shadows Technique.
We still don't know who will win. It may be that they both stay true to their words by having Gojo win and potentially die in the process. He did mention risking death to win to Megumi.

Last edited:

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
How is Sakuna broken as a villian? he is not that powerful compare to villians in other series, just look up anti-spiral, sakuna cannot even hold a candle in front of anti-spiral. I don't want to compare manga, but since you brough up Sakuna broken as villian clearly you have not read a lot of manga before..

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
How is Sakuna broken as a villian? he is not that powerful compare to villians in other series, just look up anti-spiral, sakuna cannot even hold a candle in front of anti-spiral. I don't want to compare manga, but since you brough up Sakuna broken as villian clearly you have not read a lot of manga before..
I think he was clearly referring to how strong Sukuna is compared to the characters in his manga, and not those of others.

I think it's safe to say that if there's one thing this fight has shown, it's just how much Gojo and Sukuna are universes away from the other sorcerers, including Yuta...

At this point, I wonder how Kashimo even thinks of being able to figth Sukuna if Ryu, one defined by Kenjaku as an opponent worthy of him, lasted literally two pages.

At this point, the only solution for the sorcerers is for Kenjaku to betray Sukuna and find a way to incapacitate him.

Last edited:

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
The things that worry me the most :
  1. GOATJO overusing six eyes. Suspect the nosebleed is a sign of that
  2. Sukuna being able to use his domain and Mahoraga at the same time. Can't see how GOATJO can beat that combination to be honest...

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
  2. Sukuna being able to use his domain and Mahoraga at the same time. Can't see how GOATJO can beat that combination to be honest...
Goatjo will need to make a tough decision to eliminate his student along with Sakuna, and unleash his secret goatjutsu.

SanaNeOlm

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh i guess at this point it's over. Didn't Gojo once say a battle between sorceres is a battle of domains? If he can't utilize that now and Sukunua has the summon + his domain, Gojo is vastly outmatched.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

joedorben

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
Remember Gojo is a sorcerer, Sukuna is a curse. He’d still go down as the strongest sorcerer.

TBH my worry is that Gojo beats Sukuna in a non-permanent way, but basically sheds his humanity and/or sanity in doing so. It’s been repeated a few times that the looser the sorcerer’s screws are the stronger they get.
Sukuna is not a curse wtf how are you on a JJK forum and don't know shit about how the series works? He's a sorceror

Stop with the "GOATJO" shit he's about to die at age 27 in a 1v1 against another sorceror wtf
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Despite not being the GOAT in amy way, shape, or form? That makes no sense whatsoever. He's just a copy/paste of previous sorcerors within his family and not the strongest sorceror ever either

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sukuna is not a curse wtf how are you on a JJK forum and don't know shit about how the series works? He's a sorceror
It is not yet clear what it actually is

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Despite not being the GOAT in amy way, shape, or form? That makes no sense whatsoever. He's just a copy/paste of previous sorcerors within his family and not the strongest sorceror ever either
What manga are you reading? He's the GOAT in many shapes and forms, lol.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France

Calm down bro it's just a fictional character.

like someone said before I hope this fight goes on for a little bit more and has un unpredictable conclusion.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
So does Gojo lose here or does he pull out some new technique to turn the tides?

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It is not yet clear what it actually is
He was a sorcerer, that learned how to turn himself into cursed objects. His name is the King of Curses. He is also an incarnation. I'd say he is more Curse than Human atm.

So does Gojo lose here or does he pull out some new technique to turn the tides?
New tech for sure. Haven't seen him use Blue or Purple yet either.