Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 231 - Spoilers & Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 231 - Spoilers & Discussion

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Jujutsu Kaisen.

Posting Rules
  • Spoiler threads may be locked until confirmed spoilers are available.
  • Anyone who has found spoilers may PM a Local Moderator for that forum or a Global Moderator/Administrator to unlock the Spoiler Pics & Summaries thread.
  • When posting spoilers, please include said spoiler, link to the source and credit them whenever possible(see Formatting Spoilers below); we understand that some spoilers may be posted anonymously.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

Spoiler Pics and Translations
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries. Check the thread before posting. Redundant posts will be removed.
  • Please keep in mind that some members have a slow connection or on mobile quota, so if there are more than 3 large images, enclose them in spoiler tags for faster rendering of the page.
  • Avoid posting images not related to the chapter spoilers.
  • Videos are not a valid form of chapter/ spoilers, please avoid posting those.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
  • Under no circumstance is it acceptable to post or link to full chapters of official scans (Viz, Kondasha, etc) on the forum.
  • Failure to correctly format spoilers, will result in their deletion.

Formatting SpoilersWe ask that proper format is followed, to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience. Ensure you are always providing a link to the source for your spoilers, as well as crediting the original poster where possible.

Example One ( Spoiler Pics):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

[/img][/img]

Example Two (Spoiler Text):

Source:
Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

In the case of series that do not have sub-forum please follow the same format, adding [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credit: Ohana

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Chapter 231 - Inhuman Hellscape Shinjuku Showdown 8

Kusakabe: Has anyone here been seriously punched by Gojo?
Panda/Yuji: I've seriously punched him.... didn't hit, though
Yuta: Serious or not, I've been hit by a strike reinforced by Limitless Sorcery.
Hakkari: Me too.

Kusakabe: When he strikes with a fist strengthened by cursed energy, he sucks in the target with Blue at the moment of impact
Hakkari: It doesn't just increase its power, but what is a regular punch makes it feel like you're being hit by a counter. Its the worst.
Kirara: Did it hurt?
Hakkari: Puked.
Yuta: I puked.
Yuji: Nanami told me

Nanami; flashback: If you wish to continue to be a sorcerer, you should not compare yourself to Gojo-san. The critical hits you deal out after so much effort, he throws out like jabs. Put simply "I just can't be bothered".... What I'm trying to say is... When it comes to what Gojo is doing, I don't know anything more than this. So don't ask

Kusakabe: The Wheel of Law is turning!!
Gojo thoughts: When touching me while using Extension, Makora's wheel of law turns black. I should be right in thinking that means the adaptation has been paused. Even though he can't use his domain, he's still activating Extension. Maybe its because the part of the brain thats damaged has to do with barrier techniques.
Sukuna thoughts: He's avoiding the adaptation by only using his standard technique abilities. Well, it makes sense

?: ...He's not summoning Makora
Mei Mei: Against Unlimited Void, the adaptation was completed after the fifth time.
Hakkari: So against the skills borne of Gojo-san's Limitless Sorcery, The wheel of law requires multiple spins?
Kusakabe: Its not NOT impossible. With these two, the impossible becomes normal

Sukuna: Have you figured it out?
Gojo: A total of 4 times, right? Three more times left. The numbers of spins left on the wheel of law for Makora to adapt my inviolability.

Mei Mei: !!
Kusakabe: !!
Hakkari: !!
Yuji: Three more times....!!
Sukuna: Ku ku ku, its a countdown until that I wipe away that faint smile of yours
Gojo: Hey, we've both got a faint smile going

Gojo: I'll kill your ass without waiting for the three count
Hana: This guy has forgotten about Megumi, hasn't he?
Gojo: ....Probably
Kashimo: .... Its fine to forget him
Yuji: No it isn't!!

korwinkrulpolski

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Anyone else getting tired of constant discussion of other characters about this fight? It's like half of the last few chapters. Way too much for me.

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Anyone else getting tired of constant discussion of other characters about this fight? It's like half of the last few chapters. Way too much for me.
I think it is great. It puts perspective. That element of Gojo's casual punches always being counters and comparing it to Nanami's whole cursed technique just shows how much of a gap there was between the two. It makes me wonder what would happen if Gojo pulls off a black flash on top of it.

I am not so confident in Sukuna anymore with the way the story is going. He is still calm and collected but its not looking great tbh.

SanaNeOlm

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I love HxH so i like a more narrated and thorough approach in storytelling, as long as it adds to the story, which it still kind of does. This is merely a prelude to what will unfold in this battle imo. But i think we don't need the constant admiration of Gojo-sama anymore. I get it, he is the goat.

korwinkrulpolski

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I think it is great. It puts perspective. That element of Gojo's casual punches always being counters and comparing it to Nanami's whole cursed technique just shows how much of a gap there was between the two. It makes me wonder what would happen if Gojo pulls off a black flash on top of it.

I am not so confident in Sukuna anymore with the way the story is going. He is still calm and collected but its not looking great tbh.
Putting perspective and wasting half or even three quarters of chapter on the discussion are two different things, especially when the greatest battle in the series is taking place and author is doing it not in one or two chapter but almost every latest chapter... It's boring in the manga and would be even more boring in the anime. This is a waste of such a fantastic battle material and dynamics.

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Putting perspective and wasting half or even three quarters of chapter on the discussion are two different things, especially when the greatest battle in the series is taking place and author is doing it not in one or two chapter but almost every latest chapter... It's boring in the manga and would be even more boring in the anime. This is a waste of such a fantastic battle material and dynamics.
I guess the author can't satisfy everyone. I also want to get more of the fight but this application of blue to make Gojo's punches even deadlier, how it made even Yuta and Hakari throw up, the explanation about the functioning of the wheel, etc., are all things I feel are important.

Gojo and observers figuring out how the wheel works could potentially have implications later on if Sukuna wins and the way Gojo's technique is being discussed is establishing how much more superior he is to Sukuna in hand to hand which is why I think it is not looking good for our villain.

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I love HxH so i like a more narrated and thorough approach in storytelling, as long as it adds to the story, which it still kind of does. This is merely a prelude to what will unfold in this battle imo. But i think we don't need the constant admiration of Gojo-sama anymore. I get it, he is the goat.
Agreed. To me this reads as a red flag, he's not going to feature more after this so Gege's giving us as much as he can.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think it's also a way to make the fight and its dynamics clearer to the reader

See it as at the end of a tournament with the characters in the audience commenting.

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think is adds a lot for Gojo character. He's their teacher. Even if he dies, he's teaching much more now by facing someone that can be on par with his strenght than he could by just saying things. Making sure that they are watching, discussing and learning new stuff is important for their growth.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Cool insights. I'm still waiting to see how the Fraudulent One is going to redeem himself though.

If the Malfunctioning Shrine really isn't coming back, even with Sukuna seeing how Gojo used RCT, then we still don't have a clear picture of how Sukuna is going to beat these fraud allegations.

If the strat of "King of Curses" is really entirely centered around a technique he stole from a 16 year old a couple months back, then that is sorry and he's not living this down.

I like Gojo quite a bit but if his entire role in the story is as a "good" guy teacher around to make everyone else look sorry, then that is boring.

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Cool insights. I'm still waiting to see how the Fraudulent One is going to redeem himself though.

If the Malfunctioning Shrine really isn't coming back, even with Sukuna seeing how Gojo used RCT, then we still don't have a clear picture of how Sukuna is going to beat these fraud allegations.

If the strat of "King of Curses" is really entirely centered around a technique he stole from a 16 year old a couple months back, then that is sorry and he's not living this down.

I like Gojo quite a bit but if his entire role in the story is as a "good" guy teacher around to make everyone else look sorry, then that is boring.
The fraudulent thing has gotten old, let it rest.

Migi_0

Reaction score
Country
Colombia

I will be glad and surprised to see Gojo performing a Black Flash, after all, we haven't seen that technique since Shibuya

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States

THANK YOUU!!
Your last paragraph I been saying that since picking up JJK. Like even know all everybody else is doing is watching? Everything is centered around him.

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
1) Kenjaku should be coming out shortly
2) How far away are Yuji and the others from Shibuya. Can they come in and stop Kenjaku if he intereferes?

SanaNeOlm

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Honestly i enjoy the dynamic of these two and the dynamic of this battle so, so much. It is so well written and adapted. Might be one of my favs in any Shonen.

And here i was, thinking at first Juju would be just another in-between of countless Shonen.

I can't really tell, which one of the two would win if this was a real match. But I believe Gojo will lose, since he is just that much of a "hindrance". Everything and everyone will be compared to him (by us). It's nice that we know where the ceiling is right now, but it makes every other character in the grand scheme of things not even a secondary thought.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
break this week?