Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 233 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 233 - Spoilers & Discussion

zafool974

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I didn't even noticed Gojo had dressed the exact same way Toji was when he almost killed him

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Okay, now it all makes sense.

Man, Sukuna is really showing us the absolute potential of the ten shadows techniques. It's devastatingly versatile. I had also completely forgotten that the snake was killed and thus elligible for a totality combination. How the hell did the Kamos keep up with the Gojos and the Zenins?

Can't wait to reread this entire fight in one go, and in animation. Maxima next? Gigantic red flag if so...

I didn't even noticed Gojo had dressed the exact same way Toji was when he almost killed him
Dude, scarred him for life.

Senoirmeow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How the hell did the Kamos keep up with the Gojos and the Zenins?
Had thoughts on this for a long while;

• Either the remaining smaller sorceror clans in JJK happen to be generally weaker than the Kamo Clan which is why they are a member of the Big Three because they just happened to be closest in strength to the Zenin & Gojo.

• Political power.

• Their average sorcerers are probably as strong as members of the Gojo & Zenin clan (excluding the special grades such as Toji, Maki, Gojo and the abilities of the Ten Shadows) and since we know JJ HQ has always accentuated that Grade 1 sorcerers are the “model” of what Jujutsu is the Kamo clan probably had an equal amount of people equal to the likes of Naoya etc. Special grades are a rarity. A clans strength over a millennia probably wouldn’t be dictated by the special grades they possess overall. With one simply popping up every few hundred years and then the clan gains and maintains power until said sorcerer dies.

• They have stronger techniques than demonstrated so far and/or Blood Manipulation can go further in power than demonstrated by either Choso or Noritoshi and this would delve into how little we know about the clan.

Battle Wolf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
WTF is unlimited hollow? My man this is going to endure more 5 chapters at least... One way to not kill gojo and not making Sukuna loss is a draw, where none of they can use more CT and retract... I'm thinking this in a good ending to this battle without killing both.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
WTF is unlimited hollow? My man this is going to endure more 5 chapters at least... One way to not kill gojo and not making Sukuna loss is a draw, where none of they can use more CT and retract... I'm thinking this in a good ending to this battle without killing both.
"Unlimited" have been the pinnacle of various characters' cursed techniques. Uzumaki (Suguru Geto's) was one such "unlimited" technique. Gojo's used "Hollow Purple" before, so Unlimited Hollow is most likely going to be Gojo's version of an "everything I've got all at once" attack.

This is no bueno for Gojo, in terms of the overall patterns that fighting manga follow. Whoever reveals their trump card first always loses. Even more troublesome: As Sukuna/Megumi's shikigami are destroyed, their characteristic strengths are then "inherited" into the remaining Shikigami at Sukuna'Megumi's disposal. This means that EVEN IF Gojo manages to take out Mahoraga or that new thing, whatever Shikigami remain become even more overpowered. Worst of all is that Sukuna/Megumi has shown in the last few chapters the ability to use the Shikigami abilities without summoning the shikigami.

JJK is already hitting Naruto-level end-plot overpowered abilities and invulnerable characters. The more OP things get, the stronger I suspect that the writer's end-game is going to be a final battle with god-like superpowers for a few, and superhuman heavenly restriction powers for the rest. It's probably going to be Yuji as the savior, at the end.

Yuji's power is going to be, essentially, the ability to consume/absorb cursed objects (he's had this since the start with Sukuna's fingers), and eventually, cursed tools, possibly curses themselves, and then finally cursed energy itself. This isn't new! Suguru Geto has the ability to eat curses and use them and their cursed techniques. So how would Yuji be different? Here's how: Yuji himself isn't a sorcerer, even a latent one - he was able to, a TINY bit, use cursed energy thanks to being host to Sukuna but notably never developed much cursed energy himself, nothing like Sukuna's, nor did he ever manifest a cursed technique.

I think right now Yuji's rocking a special constitution that allows him to eat cursed objects and either use their abilities or at least contain them. However in his heart he's a human being who wants to rid the world of curses. A character / power development that would be consistent with Yuji's identity thus far would be to "complete" Yuji's incomplete heavenly restriction. It's never been explicitly confirmed by the plot but he's definitely rocking a heavenly restriction with his already slightly superhuman level physical prowess - he's shown at at various times as well, in chapter 1 (alluded upon by Megumi), during the fight against the death womb paintings (his running speed wasn't human), and when he fought Sukuna/Megumi and pulled stunts like fling a colossal, several cubic meter sized hunk of concrete at Sukuna, leapt dozens of feet in the air (he flew multiple stories up), etc.

If the properties of heavenly restriction are "physical prowess enhanced exponentially higher as cursed energy approaches zero", then imagine this: the more cursed items (or curses, or cursed tools, or even cursed energy itself) that Yuji eats, the MORE of a tradeoff his heavenly restriction becomes and thus the higher his physical prowess becomes.

I honestly think that's the end-game here. Toughts?

Lord of Shadows

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
There's a break next week? what an amazing chapter

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
"Unlimited" have been the pinnacle of various characters' cursed techniques. Uzumaki (Suguru Geto's) was one such "unlimited" technique. Gojo's used "Hollow Purple" before, so Unlimited Hollow is most likely going to be Gojo's version of an "everything I've got all at once" attack.

This is no bueno for Gojo, in terms of the overall patterns that fighting manga follow. Whoever reveals their trump card first always loses. Even more troublesome: As Sukuna/Megumi's shikigami are destroyed, their characteristic strengths are then "inherited" into the remaining Shikigami at Sukuna'Megumi's disposal. This means that EVEN IF Gojo manages to take out Mahoraga or that new thing, whatever Shikigami remain become even more overpowered. Worst of all is that Sukuna/Megumi has shown in the last few chapters the ability to use the Shikigami abilities without summoning the shikigami.

JJK is already hitting Naruto-level end-plot overpowered abilities and invulnerable characters. The more OP things get, the stronger I suspect that the writer's end-game is going to be a final battle with god-like superpowers for a few, and superhuman heavenly restriction powers for the rest. It's probably going to be Yuji as the savior, at the end.

Yuji's power is going to be, essentially, the ability to consume/absorb cursed objects (he's had this since the start with Sukuna's fingers), and eventually, cursed tools, possibly curses themselves, and then finally cursed energy itself. This isn't new! Suguru Geto has the ability to eat curses and use them and their cursed techniques. So how would Yuji be different? Here's how: Yuji himself isn't a sorcerer, even a latent one - he was able to, a TINY bit, use cursed energy thanks to being host to Sukuna but notably never developed much cursed energy himself, nothing like Sukuna's, nor did he ever manifest a cursed technique.

I think right now Yuji's rocking a special constitution that allows him to eat cursed objects and either use their abilities or at least contain them. However in his heart he's a human being who wants to rid the world of curses. A character / power development that would be consistent with Yuji's identity thus far would be to "complete" Yuji's incomplete heavenly restriction. It's never been explicitly confirmed by the plot but he's definitely rocking a heavenly restriction with his already slightly superhuman level physical prowess - he's shown at at various times as well, in chapter 1 (alluded upon by Megumi), during the fight against the death womb paintings (his running speed wasn't human), and when he fought Sukuna/Megumi and pulled stunts like fling a colossal, several cubic meter sized hunk of concrete at Sukuna, leapt dozens of feet in the air (he flew multiple stories up), etc.

If the properties of heavenly restriction are "physical prowess enhanced exponentially higher as cursed energy approaches zero", then imagine this: the more cursed items (or curses, or cursed tools, or even cursed energy itself) that Yuji eats, the MORE of a tradeoff his heavenly restriction becomes and thus the higher his physical prowess becomes.

I honestly think that's the end-game here. Toughts?
You forgot about the fact that he may be able to use sukuna’s techniques at some point, it was hint by gojo a long time ago. You’re right about the heavenly restriction, but i think it’s a result of him being in the first place a fusion between a death womb paintings and a human, kenkaju being the mother…(kind of funny). At the end he may be the only one in jjk universe capable of using cursed technique and energy while on heavenly restriction thus by absorbing curses or cursed object. It was also hint that he may have already eat his brothers.

Last edited:

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You forgot about the fact that he may be able to use sukuna’s techniques at some point, it was hint by gojo a long time ago. You’re right about the heavenly restriction, but i think it’s a result of him being in the first place a fusion between a death womb paintings and a human, kenkaju being the mother…(kind of funny). At the end he may be the only one in jjk universe capable of using cursed technique and energy while on heavenly restriction thus by absorbing curses or cursed object. It was also hint that he may have already eat his brothers.
Eating his brothers is such a big plot development that I sincerely doubt it would've been handled off-panel. I do remember Gojo musing that Sukuna's cursed technique would eventually "engrave" into Yuji at some point once he'd absorbed enough of Sukuna's cursed energy, but I'm guessing that was either a deliberate red herring or a thread that's going to be dropped.

Just looking at the JJK world building and magic system, catching up to Sukuna or Gojo or Kenjaku is impossible via "conventional" means at this point. Also JJK's had several character conversations about the future of humanity - whether that future is in refining cursed energy, IE the world becoming made entirely of sorcerers since they don't leak cursed energy, creating curses - or if that future should be humans abandoning cursed energy.

Heavenly restriction is a fun "divide by zero" type of circumstance that hits BOTH of these goals. It's also just about the only foreseeable way to counter the aftermath of the whole Kenjaku/Tengen business. If humanity is about to be bathed in weird semi-human, semi-curse energy, and no one's safe, then somehow triggering a heavenly restriction is the best possible outcome for the heroes' side.

No cursed energy leakage, because all that cursed energy is voluntarily discarded, and the net result is a Captain America type superhuman for most. And considering how much cursed stuff Yuji's going to be eating, he'll end up at "final getsuga tensho base combat abilities" Ichigo Kurasaki if we're comparing to other manga.

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Aren't the sorcerers fighting for their survival, the top tier sorcerers should go help Gojo since this is now a 3 vs 1 situation. 1 vs 1 i understand they want to fight fair, but 3 vs 3, they should send 2 people along and help.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Out

There's a break next week? what an amazing chapter
Nope.

Aren't the sorcerers fighting for their survival, the top tier sorcerers should go help Gojo since this is now a 3 vs 1 situation. 1 vs 1 i understand they want to fight fair, but 3 vs 3, they should send 2 people along and help.
I think there is no time.

yoseb

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if it's been mentioned in past posts, but how likely is it that Yuji was fed the last finger? Would be interesting to have a Sukuna persona within Yuji that wants to become the fully manifested Sukuna himself, rather than be part of the one manifested in Megumi.