Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 238 - Spoilers & Discussion

Bradhimself

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyone notice Yuji's hands look a bit less human like? He has claws from that panel.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
No way Gege would make him last as much as Gojo.
I doubt he did but I wouldn’t put it past him given his weird hatred for Gojo

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
King Kuna in all his glory

That 4 page combo to finish him was just nasty. Heian Sukuna packs Gojo in the 1st domain clash.

Lojo and Lashimo gonna share love stories at the airport.

Last edited:

MonsterEnvy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
We don't know how the sorcerers organized themselves, if they sent Yuji it's probably because he's hiding something.
They probably sent Yuji cause he's part of the next wave of their plan with Higuruma. Maki and Yuta still need to stay behind in case the plan does not take down Sukuna.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
They probably sent Yuji cause he's part of the next wave of their plan with Higuruma. Maki and Yuta still need to stay behind in case the plan does not take down Sukuna.
Maki and Yuta are in theory stronger than Yuji, it's strange that they don't go before him

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I know what Maki and Yuta are doing atm :hurrgasm:hurrgasm

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Anyone notice Yuji's hands look a bit less human like? He has claws from that panel.
Yes. Not sure what Yuji’s new powers are but I still can’t see him beat Fraudkuna under normal circumstances

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
However, there are still too many characters who have done nothing.

Kamo jr, Geto's collaborators, Hazenoki, Takaba, the two guys from the Sakurajima colony.

I know what Maki and Yuta are doing atm :hurrgasm:hurrgasm
If not now, when actually?

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
However, there are still too many characters who have done nothing.

Kamo jr, Geto's collaborators, Hazenoki, Takaba, the two guys from the Sakurajima colony.

If not now, when actually?
Takaba is the understimated ''joker'' card in this battle. Lot's of theories out there on how he will turn the tide of the battle. 1000 years nobody really challenged Sakuna, it would be divine comedy in the JJK world for Takaba to really beat him or at least be instrumental to Sakuna's defeat, Maybe this is what Gege wants to potray, anything can happen,.

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yes. Not sure what Yuji’s new powers are but I still can’t see him beat Fraudkuna under normal circumstances
Does Sukuna have claws? Yuji was supposed to get his CTs over time and he had Sukuna with many fingers for a fair while. Still waiting for that to show up.

I can see him having some sort of plot based advantage

papypopo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Itadori's body appears to be resistant to Sukuna's techniques.
He’s not. It was megumi’s soul reducing Sukuna’s cursed energy output.

From chapter 214
In the same chapter it’s also hint that sukuna know what yuji is, what kind of experiment kenkaju did and might know yuji for a long time ago.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yuji is indeed clutching his bandaged arm with fingers out and his nails are decidedly claw-shaped. We did see that panel a few chapters ago in which he said he'd "eat anything" to beat Sukuna/save Fushigoro.

So Yuji's going with "Stranger Strange" method, as he's essentially a cursed object now who can consume and take into himself other cursed objects. The real question here is how much can he do with these items he's consumed? He really wasn't able to do anything with Sukuna except...start to manifest a moderate amount of cursed energy?

Idea 1 - he can make use of the properties or techniques of the cursed objects he consumes. This has been hinted at somewhat with that one training panel in which someone's seemingly body-swapped with him. That's either a red herring (he was under the effect of someone else's cursed technique) or he's eaten a cursed object.

Idea 2 - while he may have slight physical manifestations of the properties of whatever cursed objects he eats (kind of like how Yuji's appearance was like a toned-down Sukuna's while he acted as Sukuna's container), Yuji can't actually make use of any of the curse properties of what he's eaten beyond...using their cursed energy as a basic ability power-up. This would be more consistent with his character up until now. Yuji wasn't able to do anything with Sukuna's power except use him as a cursed energy battery, essentially.

Idea 3 - (this is possibly a variant of Idea 2): Yuji eats all the cursed objects, and is not only unable to make use of their properties/powers, but through some plot-fu, similar to Maki, Yuji has all the cursed energy/cursed technique stored within him removed completely, making him into a "super Toji" - essentially the antithesis of Sukuna. If Sukuna (and Kenjaku TBH) are examples of the nearly infinite possibility of growth of cursed energy, cursed technique, etc, then Yuji will end up representing the infinite possibility of what humanity could be if it "purified itself" of cursed energy.

Basically, if Sukuna's power level is nearly infinite, Yuji's would be some also high number, but divided by zero.

I'd be willing to put a modest wager that the plot event which strips Yuji of all his cursed power, granting him the heavenly restriction to end all heavenly restrictions, is going to be a huge twist. Make Sukuna or Kenjaku, annoyed with Yuji non-stop powering up by eating cursed objects, decides to take him down a peg by somehow stripping Yuji of all his "unearned" power - and then immediately regretting it because by doing so they're inadvertently created an infinite superhuman. That would be my guess.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
He’s not. It was megumi’s soul reducing Sukuna’s cursed energy output.
In the same chapter Sukuna points out that Yuji's strength is unusual.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
In the same chapter Sukuna points out that Yuji's strength is unusual.
Yeah of course but you was not talking about that, you said he was resistant to sukuna’s techniques which he’s not…

We all know Yuji’s strength is unusal, we know since chapter 1 that he was physically a genius and we are all speculating about his heavenly restriction for a while. Like i said 2months ago, he may be the first and only one character in jjk with cursed energy and heavenly restriction on his body, just wait and see.

Last edited:

zafool974

Reaction score
Country
France
What do u mean by that? She was a sorcerer control by kenkaju, basically a curse. Jin Itadori was a simple human, this mix is probably why yuji is that much different from his brothers and retained all his human features. He never need a body to incarnate in because he was born with one complete body and not as a foetus, just as sukuna if he is also a cursed womb. It can explain why he is so strong compare to other death paintings
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

when i see this panel im really asking myself how can someone beat sukuna now :XD
Guy can literally cut the world in pieces
Damn, at first I thought it was Kashimo's last resort technique to trap Sukuna in a net of lightning, but it is Sukuna cutting existence itself so kashimo is most definitely out.

Kashimo continues the trend of dead characters having a departure vision at the end of their lives.

I don't know what anyone can do here, Sukuna is in peak form now and that's what he was hiding from Gojo. He's definitely still not going all out though. Damn...

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Damn, at first I thought it was Kashimo's last resort technique to trap Sukuna in a net of lightning, but it is Sukuna cutting existence itself so kashimo is most definitely out.

Kashimo continues the trend of dead characters having a departure vision at the end of their lives.

I don't know what anyone can do here, Sukuna is in peak form now and that's what he was hiding from Gojo. He's definitely still not going all out though. Damn...
Yeah no escape there, he’s out for sure, followed by mental conversation with sukuna, it’s clear he died

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I wonder if this research book helped Yuji...

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Idea 1 - he can make use of the properties or techniques of the cursed objects he consumes. This has been hinted at somewhat with that one training panel in which someone's seemingly body-swapped with him. That's either a red herring (he was under the effect of someone else's cursed technique) or he's eaten a cursed object.
He definitly can, and his arms are the manifestation of it, he can use other ones powers, in that case, cursed objects, more precisely, like choso hint, cursed womb death paintings, his remaining brothers who are not incarnated.

Maybe that’s why he can make use of their powers easily. Not being incarnate at first may also help yuji to absord easily their powers since their souls is not fully manifest, they are still foetus, so they might form some kind of symbiosis like angel and her host, where sukuna was just trying to take over. The fact his soul was also split in a lot of parts might explain why yuji wasn’t able to imprit his techniques directly in his own soul but will do with some time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

We are thinking a lot here but Gege already point everything out, it’s clear as water what is happening with yuji when u reread this rn.

No need for debate, it’s clear he can eat cursed object at will. It’s clear he possesses sukuna curse energy, a part of it, and later his techniques if not already since the timeskip. Maybe as much as fingers he ate. It’s clear he ate his brothers and possesses their souls within him.

Last edited:

The Trinity

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sukuna doesn't even have Hitan, the other curses tool. Don't let this entity become complete.