Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 239 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 239 - Spoilers & Discussion

wthgege

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
No one seems to give a fuck about gojo (or any character really) dying in verse.

That's one of the biggest problems i have with this manga.
Gege is to Gojo the same Toriyama is to Vegeta
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gojo was supposed to be the one who messed with the balance of the system just to get off-screened

Lord Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Gege is to Gojo the same Toriyama is to Vegeta

Gojo was supposed to be the one who messed with the balance of the system just to get off-screened
It's not just gojo, it's the same with everybody.

Zenin clan, nobara, nanami, megumi's sister (maybe even megumi himself), the crippled dude, yuki, yaga, kashimo.

Like the moment they die, pof unto the next hype battle.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Man Gege did my boy Hazenoki dirty, a shame i really liked this characther and his technique but thats how this manga is
But seriously what could he do against Kenjaku?

No one seems to give a fuck about gojo (or any character really) dying in verse.

We saw the reactions to Gojo's death.

I don't think any of the present sorceres cares about Kashimo, Hazenoki or the other competitors.

Let's not forget that they are still assassins who agreed to ally themselves with Kenjaku. Kashimo sided with Yuji and co only because he wanted to get hands-on with Sukuna, certainly not out of a benevolent spirit.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

It's not just gojo, it's the same with everybody.

Zenin clan, nobara, nanami, megumi's sister (maybe even megumi himself), the crippled dude, yuki, yaga, kashimo.
How to say "I haven't read the manga" without saying "I haven't read the manga" in short.

Nobody gives a damn about the Zenins. The sooner you understand this, the better it will be for you.

Nobara was mourned I would say, as was Nanami.

Ditto for Mai and Yuki.

I guess only Megumi cared about Tsumiki.

Who would the crippled guy be?

Of Yaga they addressed the issue. Neither Panda nor Gojo hold Gagukanji responsible and do not want to seek revenge.

Kashimo who exactly had to mourn him? Unless he's dead of course.

papypopo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Why would he even attemp to do that?
Think about it : Kenny says he is not interested by awakened sorcerers except Himu but why would he be in the first place ? Lad is always after something, wouldn’t he be after the best CT, or something like that?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Think about it : Kenny says he is not interested by awakened sorcerers except Himu but why would he be in the first place ? Lad is always after something, wouldn’t he be after the best CT, or something like that?
He doesn't seem to know Takaba or his technique (which is normal, he had no points, while Higuruma is the top player in the competition together with Kashimo), I like the idea more that Takaba is an anomaly that not even he knows how to control .

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
He doesn't seem to know Takaba or his technique (which is normal, he had no points, while Higuruma is the top player in the competition together with Kashimo), I like the idea more that Takaba is an anomaly that not even he knows how to control .
Yeah, im just speculating here, he doesn’t know yet, even Takaba, and kenny is about to witness it. Im just saying that his greed for extraordinary powers may lead to that because why would he be interested about Himu then?

Phaizzy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

1.) They are damn near in the middle of a genocide. Feelings need to be suppressed
2.) When gojo died it was panels with all of their reactions. Most was holding in tears

Lord Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
But seriously what could he do against Kenjaku?

We saw the reactions to Gojo's death.

I don't think any of the present sorceres cares about Kashimo, Hazenoki or the other competitors.

Let's not forget that they are still assassins who agreed to ally themselves with Kenjaku. Kashimo sided with Yuji and co only because he wanted to get hands-on with Sukuna, certainly not out of a benevolent spirit.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

How to say "I haven't read the manga" without saying "I haven't read the manga" in short.

Nobody gives a damn about the Zenins. The sooner you understand this, the better it will be for you.

Nobara was mourned I would say, as was Nanami.

Ditto for Mai and Yuki.

I guess only Megumi cared about Tsumiki.

Who would the crippled guy be?

Of Yaga they addressed the issue. Neither Panda nor Gojo hold Gagukanji responsible and do not want to seek revenge.

Kashimo who exactly had to mourn him? Unless he's dead of course.

I'm not talking about mourning i am talking about any reaction.

We dont even have confirmation about nobara's fate, she died and just was never mentioned until yuji said he didnt want hana as replacement dozens of chapters after.

No one mentioned Nanami after he died up until gojo got unsealed and that's it.

The zenin were built up since like the start as one of the big clans, just to be massacred in a single chapter and bever be mentioned again.

Yuki the next best thing after gojo just died and that's it.

Nobody cared about Tsumiki but she was important to the PLOT of one the main duo.

Kashimo literally seemed like a filler character.

You'd know who's the crippled guy if you followed the manga instead of skimming through fights (which is basically all jjk is now, a reverse gauntlet)

Gojo who basically altered the balance of the world the moment he was born and basically the whole plot revolves around him got off-screened and we basically have 4 fights since then and all we got was two panels of yuji yuta and maki making faces...we got info dumps and all their reaction throughout the whole fight but now he's just..dead and that's that.

Oh yeah we also got a panel of kenjakus watching the fight in a cell phone.

We didnt even get to see him interact with anyone in the month before the fight, he just got unsealed and jumped to his death.

This is a character that was present since the jjk 0.

Todo is also missing.

These are all supposed to be important characters yet they die and poof next fight, leaving no impact on the plot.

Could you imagine jiraya dying then the next thing is basically naruto vs pain???

For fuck's sake the only character deaths that left an impact on the plot or other characters are mai junpei and the grandpa.

This whole arc is lackluster.

Last edited:

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
You don't seem to get that they are actively working to avoid to potential end of humanity right now. They simply don't have time for grieving, not to mention this is a career where they are already well used to the death of colleagues. They're not going to fall to pieces and start wailing because people are dying.

For deceased characters who actually still have people who care about them, we see the reactions of the people they left behind but it's understated, just a panel showing that it hurts but they're moving on, because they have no other choice.

Lord Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
You don't seem to get that they are actively working to avoid to potential end of humanity right now. They simply don't have time for grieving, not to mention this is a career where they are already well used to the death of colleagues. They're not going to fall to pieces and start wailing because people are dying.

For deceased characters who actually still have people who care about them, we see the reactions of the people they left behind but it's understated, just a panel showing that it hurts but they're moving on, because they have no other choice.
I'm not talking about grieving, i'm talking about any reaction/dialogue/interaction, something for the readers who are invested in the plot, heck even a few panels showcasing their planning on how they decided who fights who.

Takaba literally stormed out of the fight watchparty and runs till he stumbles upon kenjaku lol what's the deal with that.

Where are yuta and maki? Where's todo? I wanted to see kukesabe's reaction after all the commentary he did, it's not even like he's gonna go fight or something.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France

Real life shit not your typical shonen here. U spoke fact

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The zenin were built up since like the start as one of the big clans, just to be massacred in a single chapter and bever be mentioned again.
They have been mentioned, but their role is now closed.

Yuki the next best thing after gojo just died and that's it.
Choso painted it, and Yuji received his book.

However, I think the only one who can cry for her is Tofo, I don't think he had this great relationship with the others.

Nobody cared about Tsumiki but she was important to the PLOT of one the main duo.
And now it isn't anymore.

Any problems ?

Honestly, I don't understand this scandal, she was barely a character.

Kashimo literally seemed like a filler character.
The role of kashimo one was at an end.

Give Hakari some points and keep Sukuna busy just enough.

I don't think he had all these narrative outlets.

You'd know who's the crippled guy if you followed the manga instead of skimming through fights (which is basically all jjk is now, a reverse gauntlet)
If you are referring to Mechamaru, his role had been fulfilled. She was the bad guys' spy until she betrayed them, and she couldn't survive otherwise Shibuya's whole plan wouldn't have played out.

And even in death he still played a certain role.

Gojo who basically altered the balance of the world the moment he was born and basically the whole plot revolves around him got off-screened and we basically have 4 fights since then and all we got was two panels of yuji yuta and maki making faces...we got info dumps and all their reaction throughout the whole fight but now he's just..dead and that's that.
Ok, Gojo is dead....shall we go further?
Seriously, a lot of time is wasted on Gojo making us aware of how strong he is and how unattainable he is in his time. But he has the best moments of characterization in the arc when he was just a teenager (still very powerful but not like the one in the present) and essentially in chapter 236 when he is killed.
Even the moment in which he is sealed gives us a shred of characterization of the character.

For the rest, his role is limited to being the bogeyman of the villains, having to save Yuji at the beginning of the manga and having to act as a mentor as well as being indirectly part of Yuji's characterization.

But essentially no Gojo may be very strong but he is not even close to the top 10 characters for characterization and depth

This is a character that was present since the jjk 0.
And with this ? What characterization had he had until now, apart from being Satoru's master and Panda's father?

Would he change anything if he were still alive?

Todo is also missing.
Todo can currently do very little without a hand.

I'm not talking about mourning i am talking about any reaction.
Ah, isn't mourning a reaction?

We dont even have confirmation about nobara's fate, she died and just was never mentioned until yuji said he didnt want hana as replacement dozens of chapters after.

More proof that you haven't read the manga.

She was mentioned indeed.

No one mentioned Nanami after he died up until gojo got unsealed and that's it.
What were they supposed to do, make us a writing treatise?

He died in service leaving Yuji with a task, period, what else needed to be said?

Lord Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Algeria

For the rest, his role is limited to being the bogeyman of the villains, having to save Yuji at the beginning of the manga and having to act as a mentor as well as being indirectly part of Yuji's characterization.

But essentially no Gojo may be very strong but he is not even close to the top 10 characters for characterization and depth
That's my whole issue with this manga, important characters having no characterisation and serve no purpose, on top of just abandoning them.

Gojo is a one note character who's been shoved down our throats since the first chapter but literally surved no purpose other than hype an already hyped villian.

We could've gotten a chapter where they were like oh shit he died lets make a strategy or something, what's the reasoning behind sending yuji and the lawyer instead of the heavy hitters as they first planned? Why was takaba jogging in another colony (not sure)? So many small interactions we could've had before jumping into the next fight and in-between plotpoints instead of just abandoning them.

Tsumiki may have been a nobody but she was supposed to be someone who we should be invested in, Gojo was just another victim, but to the jjk world/readers he was someone supposedly important,and important characters deserve proper closure.

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I dunno why some people want 1 chapter to mourn or to react to every death, maiming, eyes crushed or something like that.

It is because jujutsu is on the the end track rn? So u guys what to extend the manga life?

Of course, Gege is rushing some moments rn but I'd rather have this with some creativity than extending the manga because of creators block and wanting to find a solution.

Todo is currently without a hand, dunno if RCT could help him or not
Nobara is a Schrodinger'd Cat rn
Gojo is dead ATM that's s fact, dunno if Gege will use Takaba OP CT to do something about it("Would be funny if that guy was alive right?" PUF)

BTW, dunno what's wrong to Takaba heading to Kenjaku too

If Yuji and Higuruma (one powerful dude and one smart as F character) went to Sukuna instead of Yuta, Maki and Takaba, of course they planned something

Lord Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Whatever.

This arc is lackluster and has many writing issues.

I rest my case.

I dunno why some people want 1 chapter to mourn or to react to every death, maiming, eyes crushed or something like that.

It is because jujutsu is on the the end track rn? So u guys what to extend the manga life?

Of course, Gege is rushing some moments rn but I'd rather have this with some creativity than extending the manga because of creators block and wanting to find a solution.

Todo is currently without a hand, dunno if RCT could help him or not
Nobara is a Schrodinger'd Cat rn
Gojo is dead ATM that's s fact, dunno if Gege will use Takaba OP CT to do something about it("Would be funny if that guy was alive right?" PUF)

BTW, dunno what's wrong to Takaba heading to Kenjaku too

If Yuji and Higuruma (one powerful dude and one smart as F character) went to Sukuna instead of Yuta, Maki and Takaba, of course they planned something
If anything was pointless, it was the first 15 pages of this chapter.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whatever.

This arc is lackluster and has many writing issues.

I rest my case.

If anything was pointless, it was the first 15 pages of this chapter.
I believe this arc isn’t the best because the fight with Gojo and Sakuna was… eh. I’m not a gojo Stan like a lot so his fighting was cool and clever but it’s not even close to top tier for me. I loved watching sukuna fight because he was actually utilizing different things.

I said this before and say it now.. they should’ve killed Gojo off a long time ago if you want balance.

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

U want to everyone react to every death?
Jujutsu sorcerer's know that death is always near them

Man, Yuta and Yuji went into conflict with their friends/colleagues/allies to try help Gojo because they feared he could die.
When that happened, they hold back their tears and followed what they had planned.

But if u go back to when Gojo was a teenager, Geto literally went into rage because of Gojo apparently death by Toji lol.

Also Gojo killing Geto was the reason he reacted they he did when meeting Kenjaku and getting sealed.

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I'm not talking about grieving, i'm talking about any reaction/dialogue/interaction, something for the readers who are invested in the plot, heck even a few panels showcasing their planning on how they decided who fights who.
Narratively speaking, showing characters planning their activities is simply foreshadowing that the plan is going to fail or go off the rails.

Things are already so far off the rail for the protags that this would be pointless. Gege has already set up some seeds of what the protags have planned, like with Yuji body switching, Ino's message, Yuki's book, etc.

Takaba literally stormed out of the fight watchparty and runs till he stumbles upon kenjaku lol what's the deal with that.
Takaba has always been the unpredictable joker that no one, not even himself really understands. It makes sense that he would end up fighting Kenjaku, who not long ago was complaining that he could not create anything that exceeded his predictions, so he just spread chaos around wildly. Takaba is that chaos coming back to him.

Where are yuta and maki?
Yuta at least is still close to the battlefield as Kenjaku himself mentioned this chapter. Maki is a bit of a wild card since Kenjaku can't track her but she's probably still around there too.

Where's todo?
Todo is crippled. I honestly don't think we'll be seeing him around again, for the same reason Gege got rid of Gojo (twice).

As per Gege's own words, Gojo and Todo are the kind of characters that when they show up, the reader gets the impression that every thing will be OK. He wants the situation to be portrayed as full of despair, so we won't see Todo again anytime soon, I think.

I wanted to see kukesabe's reaction after all the commentary he did, it's not even like he's gonna go fight or something.
Why? The man himself even said he was tired of explaining stuff lol.

That's my whole issue with this manga, important characters having no characterisation and serve no purpose, on top of just abandoning them.

Gojo is a one note character who's been shoved down our throats since the first chapter but literally surved no purpose other than hype an already hyped villian.
If you actually think Gojo was one note, you clearly haven't been paying attention

Tsumiki may have been a nobody but she was supposed to be someone who we should be invested in,
Tsumiki was always a means to an end in terms of Megumi's characterization. In practical terms she died before the manga started.

Gojo was just another victim, but to the jjk world/readers he was someone supposedly important,and important characters deserve proper closure.
...Did you not read 236? Man got plenty of closure.

Last edited:

Lord Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Narratively speaking, showing characters planning their activities is simply foreshadowing that the plan is going to fail or go off the rails.

Things are already so far off the rail for the protags that this would b pointless. Gege has already set up some seeds of what the protags have planned, like with Yuji body switching, Ino's message, Yuki's book, etc.

Takaba has always been the unpredictable joker that no one, not even himself really understands. It makes sense that he would end up fighting Kenjaku, who not long ago was complaining that he could not create anything that exceeded his predictions, so he just spread chaos around wildly. Takaba is that chaos coming back to him.

Yuta at least is still close to the battlefield as Kenjaku himself mentioned this chapter. Maki is a bit of a wild card since Kenjaku can't track her but she's probably still around there too.

Todo is crippled. I honestly don't think we'll be seeing him around again, for the same reason Gege got rid of Gojo (twice).

As per Gege's own words, Gojo and Todo are the kind of characters that when they show up, the reader gets the impression that every thing will be OK. He wants the situation to be portrayed as full of despair, so we won't see Todo again anytime soon, I think.

Why? The man himself even said he was tired of explaining stuff lol.
I just suggested that, what i want is something in-between, it's just been fight after fight and so many supposedly important stuff get brushed away for hype moments, that's cool if JJK was all about fights, but the potential was there to be something better, would've been cool if we he had something during the kashimo fight.

As for kukesabe, i just wanted to see his reaction after all the glazing and the gojo won line lol.

...Did you not read 236? Man got plenty of closure.
He got his closure and was satisfied, but i'm talking about us the readers.

Rue

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Seems like a calmer setup chapter. Not completly unwelcomed after the peak that was gojo vs sukuna. Not rly a fan of Takaba and his CT but a wild Kenjaku is always a plus.