Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 242 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 242 - Spoilers & Discussion

Zetauno

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I'm really enjoying this fight, Takaba is a great comic relief at this point in the story. It seems we'll have at least a couple more chapters of this fight, Kenjaku realizing he can lose will rush things, I'm guessing he will simulate the P-1 stand up comedy show next chapter.

Lord Escanor

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Like Franz said, its point of view.
Of course, I'm having a good time with all CG arc but i can see that Kenjaku x Takaba is not for everyone as it has more convo/explanation tham action

Most people are like Michael Bay: Just want explosions 24/7
People want stuff relevant to the plot, especially since it's a "high stakes and no panels to waste on characters" according to some, all the momentum is wasted on freaking takaba.

Like did yuta board a plane back to africa? Maki? What's the plan ? Urame? A chapter or two would've been fine, we're going on 5 now.

Gaku

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
People want stuff relevant to the plot, especially since it's a "high stakes and no panels to waste on characters" according to some, all the momentum is wasted on freaking takaba.

Like did yuta board a plane back to africa? Maki? What's the plan ? Urame? A chapter or two would've been fine, we're going on 5 now.
This fight its relevant to the plot, he is fighting one of the main villains

Did last year battle between Yuki and Kenny was also "waste of pages"? It was also 5-6 chapters iirc

As for the others time to take action, obviously we will get to that after the conclusion to this.

nfinitfx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Did last year battle between Yuki and Kenny was also "waste of pages"? It was also 5-6 chapters iirc

As for the others time to take action, obviously we will get to that after the conclusion to this.
Yes that is right, also Takaba has been introduced as the only sorcerer that can rival Gojo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes that is right, also Takaba has been introduced as the only sorcerer that can rival Gojo.
In this fight we did learn more about Kenjaku's other personality, so it does serve as character development. Can't wait to see him go rush to Sakuna for help.

Last edited:

Idkwhatanameis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Takaba bring Kenny back to his childhood might even make him stronger and he will get a upgrade like sukuna or try to take over takaba

SanaNeOlm

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I expect dad jokes from Kenjaku, cmon buddy!

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Takaba bring Kenny back to his childhood might even make him stronger and he will get a upgrade like sukuna or try to take over takaba
if he takes over takaba, he will be stronger than sakuna. Too OP so won't happen.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Having this fight after the death of Gojo makes me very suspicious.

Narratively suspicious, I mean.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Having this fight after the death of Gojo makes me very suspicious.

Narratively suspicious, I mean.
As in Goatjo coming back ? Considering how much Gege hates Goatjo, I doubt he will use Takaba’s powers to bring him back

Also, i think it would discredit the story if he comes back

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As in Goatjo coming back ? Considering how much Gege hates Goatjo, I doubt he will use Takaba’s powers to bring him back

Also, i think it would discredit the story if he comes back
Why if it's Gege trolling us trough Takaba?

These reality manipulation powers are affecting even the author.

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What a rollercoaster haha.

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm actually enjoying these chapters. Also, it's very Nice how the author is using takaba to reinforce how much CT and sorcerers that mess with the opponent soul are OP

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol this chapter is too unique lol I love it

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The nature of Takaba's technique seems to be taking over the imagination of everyone in the area to make his impossible dream come true - a successful comedy act.

Who the **** knows, he COULD find it entertaining to bring back Gojo, but I imagine Takaba just fulfilling his ambition and then his cursed technique evaporating like a fart in the wind immediately after, and getting turned into mincemeat by Kenny, which Takaba probably wouldn't even mind because his life's ambition has been fulfilled.

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Not only that, but it's helping reinforce how much soul related CT are uncommon and can be strong as hell. Kenjaku may be the most knowledgeable sorcerer in the series and even he is just having to get along takaba CT because (at least for now) there's basically no counters system like expansions have. This is probably how Itadori will surpass everyone else. His natural skill to perceive the soul with the addition to all knowledge he may have receive from that research book may create another Gojo type of situation where just raw damage alone isn't enough to kill him.

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Truck Kun is the only Multiversal level character in all of anime, blud one shots everyone without fail.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Takaba is a breath of fresh air. Can't remember the last time I saw an OP shonen character struggle against a comic relief who's powers are consistent within the in verse power structures like this. Definitely a fun read and honestly a true head scratcher since you really gotta dig deep to get the references

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This 'soul resonance' panel will be important later on in the story.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This 'soul resonance' panel will be important later on in the story.
Must admit I'd thought of Soul Eater & Fire Brigade of Flames when I saw that. Is it just me or is Takaba's CT almost thematically OPPOSITE of the negative energy connotations/explanations of all the other CTs?