Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 246 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 246 - Spoilers & Discussion

Phaizzy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since his introduction it was state that he was a genius who has mastered his CT and his DE within weeks only.
Gege is a good writer and rather consistent, stop pretending he isn’t because you don’t take the time to read correctly and because gojo died lol

Sometimes i feel like you people are not even patient, last week you was all complaining and crying about how Kusakabe and Higuruma tanks Sukuna’s slashes although it was obvious he needs some conditions to do a « super slash » like i said last week. Let gege cook, sometimes things are logical and just need to be explain, just wait for it.
For example, it’s gonna be like 8 months people are talking about where is sukuna’s « fire ». Since shibuya it was only mention in this chapter. Let Gege cook, soon that’s gonna be his (sukuna) last trump card.
People really need to stop telling people how to react to chapters. If he feels an asspull is coming then as a reader he’s entitled to feel that way.

saying he’s a consistent writer doesn’t mitigate that it can’t be an asspull. Actually the one thing that’s been consistent is that Sukuna has washed everybody with no light in sight on how they will beat him. Them mentioning his fire move isn’t even relevant atm because it’s simply a move…. It’s more relevant to the fact that it might be itadoris main source of power imo

but as of right now it’s looking like a asspull because what’s stopping Sukuna from using DE and killing everybody? I’ll tell you… Ego. lol. That will be Sukuna downfall this dude has. Sukuna has been fighting non stop by Gojo.. damn near lost then won, got revived to his real body, fought another dude who was again said to be as strong as Gojo, beat him. Get punched by Itadori , and got a DE used on, it did nothing to him. He attacked the people and basically started toying with 3 people. Dude basically beat itadori in a race in which he again looked liked he’s toying with them. All it should take is for Sukuna to get serious and they should all die… the only reason I’m holding out hope is that, they might be waiting for

1.) If people are tanking his slashed then he shouldn’t be this OP. It’s more inconsistent based off the viewers eyes. Not to mention we are JUST learning about his abilities after seeing it so many times and even different people explaining it.

2.) They have referenced Gojo scaling 3 times since death. Takaba where they basically said if he mastered his technique he would be as strong as Gojo. Then we got ol dude who can heal faster than Gojo now we got somebody who has the potential to be up there with Gojo. Consistent writing would have had them train because as of now they are losing because their lack of understanding their own power.

Like… let’s be real here. I’m sure barely anybody even have a clue on how Sukuna is gonna be defeated logically.

Emmanu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
People really need to stop telling people how to react to chapters. If he feels an asspull is coming then as a reader he’s entitled to feel that way.

saying he’s a consistent writer doesn’t mitigate that it can’t be an asspull. Actually the one thing that’s been consistent is that Sukuna has washed everybody with no light in sight on how they will beat him. Them mentioning his fire move isn’t even relevant atm because it’s simply a move…. It’s more relevant to the fact that it might be itadoris main source of power imo

but as of right now it’s looking like a asspull because what’s stopping Sukuna from using DE and killing everybody? I’ll tell you… Ego. lol. That will be Sukuna downfall this dude has. Sukuna has been fighting non stop by Gojo.. damn near lost then won, got revived to his real body, fought another dude who was again said to be as strong as Gojo, beat him. Get punched by Itadori , and got a DE used on, it did nothing to him. He attacked the people and basically started toying with 3 people. Dude basically beat itadori in a race in which he again looked liked he’s toying with them. All it should take is for Sukuna to get serious and they should all die… the only reason I’m holding out hope is that, they might be waiting for

1.) If people are tanking his slashed then he shouldn’t be this OP. It’s more inconsistent based off the viewers eyes. Not to mention we are JUST learning about his abilities after seeing it so many times and even different people explaining it.

2.) They have referenced Gojo scaling 3 times since death. Takaba where they basically said if he mastered his technique he would be as strong as Gojo. Then we got ol dude who can heal faster than Gojo now we got somebody who has the potential to be up there with Gojo. Consistent writing would have had them train because as of now they are losing because their lack of understanding their own power.

Like… let’s be real here. I’m sure barely anybody even have a clue on how Sukuna is gonna be defeated logically.
Dude, asspull by asspull, Sukuna himself is a big one. Dude was a human that pulled some Voldemort shit to become immortal, can take people's body and use their CT, can learn how to slash "space", nobody knows how his CT works or what it is exactly, got a cursed tool (supposedly special grade, don't remember), can reincarnate (much like a videogame continue) and have 4 arms and 2 mouths... I mean, wtf? The same thing that is making him doesn't kill everyone is what made him so strong: plot. I'm not going to, but if we gonna complain about asspulls, everyone is an asspull (some bigger than others). The hell, sorcerers and curses are asspull! Everything happens for plot reasons.
On how will Sukuna be defeated, my bet is Yuuji eating the last finger and Nobara (assuming she didn't die) using her Ressonance on Yuuji, killing both Yuuji and Sukuna soul, all parts of it.

Last edited:

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Or sakuna may let these people off, and want a rematch when everyone gets very strong.

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan

I agree with your statement about people telling others how to react but the temptation comes from seeing comments which read like the commenter forgot major parts of the story.

It is explained satisfactorily why they are able to tank Sukuna's slashes. Surely, we know that the "world cutting" slashes were not things Sukuna could spam. We also still have not got a complete exposition of his techniques so Gege is able to tease us here and there by dropping little bits from time to time. I can imagine that many things that don't make sense now will make sense in hindsight as more information is revealed. One thing I am understanding though is the importance of binding vows. The better you are with them, the more you can do with or without your innate technique. Sukuna used binding vows to extend his technique to space itself. Kenjaku used binding vows to create something as messed up and complicated as the culling games. I can imagine with talent, the possibilities are endless.

About Sukuna "toying" with them, I don't think that is the case. I think Sukuna is doing a couple of things at the same time. He does not have unlimited cursed energy so he is saving his strength because he knows plans have been made. Sukuna also learns from fights and "steals" ideas from his opponents so he is vested in seeing what you can do (provided you peek his interest) hence his interest in the executioner sword.

I think Higuruma will shine because he can use the executioner blade (which is a cursed tool) and domain amplification at the same time. This is essentially the opposite of Gojo's unbreakable defense.

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
And? People are entitled to point out bad arguments too.

fought another dude who was again said to be as strong as Gojo
I know you're not talking about Kashimo lmao

If people are tanking his slashed then he shouldn’t be this OP. It’s more inconsistent based off the viewers eyes.
Inconsistent how? We're literally told how they tanked it and it wasn't via any new mechanic either.

Not to mention we are JUST learning about his abilities after seeing it so many times and even different people explaining it.
Again what?

We haven't learned anything new about his ability at all this chapter, except the world slashing Cleave and anyone who understands the power system could have deduced what Kasukabe did. The chapter even goes out of it's way to explain that we still don't have the full picture about Sukuna's ability because we don't know about the Fuga yet.

2.) They have referenced Gojo scaling 3 times since death. Takaba where they basically said if he mastered his technique he would be as strong as Gojo. Then we got ol dude who can heal faster than Gojo now we got somebody who has the potential to be up there with Gojo.
Wow, it's almost like Gojo is the standard for modern sorcerers or something.

Consistent writing would have had them train because as of now they are losing because their lack of understanding their own power.
For the third time, what?

2 out of those 3 people have only been sorcerers for less than 2 months. Consistent writing is the story pointing out that no matter how talented they are, how amazing their techniques are, there is no substitute for experience. Training, especially less than 2 months of it can only get you so far.

papypopo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
im not saying he can’t feel that way or anyone can’t feel that way, i don’t have the right to, im just talking as a member of a community, the jjk fans and simply talking about how bored i am to see how every week people are so impatient with plot development.

but as of right now it’s looking like a asspull because what’s stopping Sukuna from using DE and killing everybody? I’ll tell you… Ego. lol.
Maybe, maybe he can’t use DE anymore due to gojo and can’t use RCT anymore, we can’t be sure, we don’t know yet. Maybe he restored his body not his strengh.
All i wanna tell is wait and we will see

We already know since a long time the difference between cleave and dismantle. Cutting through the world is a new ability learn from maho that’s for sure, but it was hint in his fight with Kashimo that he need some preparation to do so, like a chant or something else/more.

IMO you are wrong here, in all that statement. First for the 3 of them it was mentioned way before gojo death, way way before their potential was mentioned to be above or equal to gojo. Second, and that’s why it’s pure peak writing imo, vilains don’t have time to wait for them to train, they have plans and they train indeed but in a short amount of time of Time. It’s not our typical shonen where heroes are broken in 3weeks of training. And i think Gege want us to see with gojo and Kashimo deaths that no one can win this alone and by being stronger than the vilains. They need to be smarter and work together. Thing is it’s difficult when in a war you are fighting against someone with 1000years of experience when you got 3months

Last edited:

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Sukuna having ego problems isn't an asspull because that's his constant personality ever since the first few chapters. You're mistaking "trait or outcome i don’t like" for an asspull. The other character noticing that he isn't using his fire is relevant because they're trying to Read sukuna and learning his attack patterns and his capabilities is what can give them a small chance to survive this.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
I think Higuruma will shine because he can use the executioner blade (which is a cursed tool) and domain amplification at the same time. This is essentially the opposite of Gojo's unbreakable defense.
Im so excited about it!!! The reason why should be that his weapon is link to his DE

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I agree with your statement about people telling others how to react but the temptation comes from seeing comments which read like the commenter forgot major parts of the story.

It is explained satisfactorily why they are able to tank Sukuna's slashes. Surely, we know that the "world cutting" slashes were not things Sukuna could spam. We also still have not got a complete exposition of his techniques so Gege is able to tease us here and there by dropping little bits from time to time. I can imagine that many things that don't make sense now will make sense in hindsight as more information is revealed. One thing I am understanding though is the importance of binding vows. The better you are with them, the more you can do with or without your innate technique. Sukuna used binding vows to extend his technique to space itself. Kenjaku used binding vows to create something as messed up and complicated as the culling games. I can imagine with talent, the possibilities are endless.

About Sukuna "toying" with them, I don't think that is the case. I think Sukuna is doing a couple of things at the same time. He does not have unlimited cursed energy so he is saving his strength because he knows plans have been made. Sukuna also learns from fights and "steals" ideas from his opponents so he is vested in seeing what you can do (provided you peek his interest) hence his interest in the executioner sword.

Great post!

There are two very important factors in play here.

First of all, we have no idea to what extent Sukuna has recovered. Can he use Ten Shadows? Can he use DE? Higuruma assumed in the previous chapter that Ten Shadows was gone and Kusakabe didn't even mention DE in this one, instead he reminded us of the fire technique (which is the correct thing to do because it's the one thing he's yet to do). We might honestly be arguing about techniques that are no longer accessible to him.

But let's for argument's sake say that Sukuna can do DE. What happens after you've completed a DE? You can't use your innate technique. That's a horrible situation for Sukuna to be in when the heavy hitters are still lying in wait.

Which leads me to the second point:

The situation has not changed for Sukuna. He still needs to be careful of showing all of his abilities. There's literally a copycat in the opposite team and a person who fights outside the ordinary rules of jujutsu.

It's funny, I just reread Gojo vs. Sukuna the other day and if there's one thing Gege loves it's explaining the actions of the characters and the mechanisms of their techniques. If there's any asspull in that fight it's Sukuna monologue about Mahoraga's adaptation and the world cutter in front of a corpse while being surveilled by other enemies.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Or sakuna may let these people off, and want a rematch when everyone gets very strong.
This!! I can 100% see this.. though if this is his approach would it not be an asspull to you? The same sukuna that told Jogo the reason he failed is because he didn’t just burn everything…. Like sukuna character isn’t complicated but that don’t mean nothing imo. Letting these people train would ARGUBALLY make sukuna a dumb antagonist… but dumb and arrogant can coexist imo. Though I rather sukuna do this then something magically happen at this point. Hell I rather Gojo come back
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dude, asspull by asspull, Sukuna himself is a big one. Dude was a human that pulled some Voldemort shit to become immortal, can take people's body and use their CT, can learn how to slash "space", nobody knows how his CT works or what it is exactly, got a cursed tool (supposedly special grade, don't remember), can reincarnate (much like a videogame continue) and have 4 arms and 2 mouths... I mean, wtf? The same thing that is making him doesn't kill everyone is what made him so strong: plot. I'm not going to, but if we gonna complain about asspulls, everyone is an asspull (some bigger than others). The hell, sorcerers and curses are asspull! Everything happens for plot reasons.
On how will Sukuna be defeated, my bet is Yuuji eating the last finger and Nobara (assuming she didn't die) using her Ressonance on Yuuji, killing both Yuuji and Sukuna soul, all parts of it.
Ehhh I wouldn’t say everything is an asspull. Everything Sukuna and Gojo did or done wasn’t an asspull.

the asspull part comes into play when you scale Gojo who is STILL CURRENTLY the pinnacle of strength outside of Sukuna. They still compare people to him to scale their abilities or strength. Though I can def tell you ways where things don’t make sense but that’s not the topic. Everything isn’t an asspull but if we as the viewers don’t see a way Sukuna can win then likely we overlooked something or that something wasn’t introduced yet
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I get it I really do. But logically speaking.., do you feel that Sukuna needs to plan to kill them? Sukuna has shown to blitz people and be strong af without any techniques. What’s stopping him from just blitzing these people like he did choso?

I do agree with Sukuna doing multiple things at once but one can see it as Sukuna mocking them which would hint he’s not going all out or that’s simply his nature… he’s arrogant spite his odds as seen with Gojo .. BUT at some point that smile faded until he won.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And? People are entitled to point out bad arguments too.

I know you're not talking about Kashimo lmao

Inconsistent how? We're literally told how they tanked it and it wasn't via any new mechanic either.

Again what?

We haven't learned anything new about his ability at all this chapter, except the world slashing Cleave and anyone who understands the power system could have deduced what Kasukabe did. The chapter even goes out of it's way to explain that we still don't have the full picture about Sukuna's ability because we don't know about the Fuga yet.

Wow, it's almost like Gojo is the standard for modern sorcerers or something.

For the third time, what?

2 out of those 3 people have only been sorcerers for less than 2 months. Consistent writing is the story pointing out that no matter how talented they are, how amazing their techniques are, there is no substitute for experience. Training, especially less than 2 months of it can only get you so far.
Telling people what or how to feel is not pointing out bad arguments. Pointing out bad arguments is what you just did (from your perspective)

yes him… the same guy who kept Sukuna on the offensive until he had to use his cursed tool and “fully” reincarnate.

gojo isn’t the standard, he’s considered the pinnacle.

lastly I understand your last point and I can see it from your pov. I just see it past that. If these people can’t defeat him then the only logical way they can beat him is prison realm which they don’t have or him pulling a cell “yall can come back” but then again that’s bad writing imo. If the only way they can win is if the antagonist gives them a handicap.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Do you know how Gege can troll next chapter?

Sakuna gets off-screened by Hirugama.
Everybody on the other world encountering Gojo lol in the next page everybody in Lego pieces.

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
First shonen manga? I guess so.
To be fair, when a shounen manga reaches this stage in its run, you would normally expect a main character to reach a level of power where they can at least defeat powerful mid-bosses alone and are in the same ball park as the main villain.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
To be fair, when a shounen manga reaches this stage in its run, you would normally expect a main character to reach a level of power where they can at least defeat powerful mid-bosses alone and are in the same ball park as the main villain.
Not even the main ball park but can atleast hold his own. He’s only been shown to be a liability. What has he done that would have changed the outcome of what is currently happening?

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Not even the main ball park but can atleast hold his own. He’s only been shown to be a liability. What has he done that would have changed the outcome of what is currently happening?
Useless...

Man...imagine if, someone who was thrown far away by Sukuna in Megumi body and in a sec reappearing to battle him again and keeping up with Maki 2.0 who is expected by some people here to appear and give some headache to Sukuna, is useless

Some people go the two extreme so fast
Or someone is useless, trash
Or receive some Deus Ex Machina power up out of nowhere

Itadori managed to do something to Sukuna

Even if Gege is a good writer, blame him for doing various things all at once.

Hopefully Yuji manage to cut Sukuna in half next chapter or he will continue to be called useless.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Useless...

Man...imagine if, someone who was thrown far away by Sukuna in Megumi body and in a sec reappearing to battle him again and keeping up with Maki 2.0 who is expected by some people here to appear and give some headache to Sukuna, is useless

Some people go the two extreme so fast
Or someone is useless, trash
Or receive some Deus Ex Machina power up out of nowhere

Itadori managed to do something to Sukuna

Even if Gege is a good writer, blame him for doing various things all at once.

Hopefully Yuji manage to cut Sukuna in half next chapter or he will continue to be called useless.
lol no… no people don’t just go to two extremes.

harishimo whatever the lightning dude wasn’t op nor was weak. Todo is also another prime example

you saying itadori coming back after simply being thrown is the least he could do lol. He managed to make Sukuna body tremor… thats it.

your analogy is like “bro this gnat I keep swapping keeps coming back! It must be Strong af” when in actuality it’s simply annoying an a nuisance.

a lot of you guys are simply bias. I love itadori as a character but like I said his presence is a liability if Sukuna ever decide to go after him. That’s obvious. Everything they done with or to Sukuna can be done without itadori. He’s trash in battle and nothing you can say about that until he does something.. and I mean SOMETHING. Maybe a reveal about those tremors itadori been doing

Emmanu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ehhh I wouldn’t say everything is an asspull. Everything Sukuna and Gojo did or done wasn’t an asspull.

the asspull part comes into play when you scale Gojo who is STILL CURRENTLY the pinnacle of strength outside of Sukuna. They still compare people to him to scale their abilities or strength. Though I can def tell you ways where things don’t make sense but that’s not the topic. Everything isn’t an asspull but if we as the viewers don’t see a way Sukuna can win then likely we overlooked something or that something wasn’t introduced yet
Come on... Of course Gojo is still the pinnacleof strength. He's the sorcerer that everyone knows kinda well how far his power goes and stuff. Sukuna's deeds are well known, but not too long ago were just "myth".
If someone is getting rich real quick, are they gonna be compared to Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos (don't know who is the richest) or to some old king of India, China or whatever that history books says where dozens of times richer than those people from today? Of course to Gates, Musk or Bezos. They are the ones we know. The same thing applies to Gojo being the pinnacle, not Sukuna.
I hope i made myself clear.

Griffithpt

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Jury's still out on the latter part, but he did did defeat a quite powerful "mid-boss" if that's the terminology you want to use, in one of the coolest battles in the story.

I don't think Yuji is as powerful as other protagonists, but I think he's exaggeratedly underestimated.