Seinen - Kaguya-sama: Love is War by Aka Akasaka | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Kaguya-sama: Love is War by Aka Akasaka

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 274 is out

Uh....so that happened :SOON

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maki was awesome in her final focused chapter. And even though we might not see it/him besides maybe in a timeskip, knowing her sufferring is over is more than enough for me. :D

Uh....so that happened :SOON
The pregnancy?

The Tanuma family curse :lmao

Pretty surprised Osaragi got a final chap, but it was a good one especially if you pretend the 2 chapter Osaragi arc didn't happen lol.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
What I love about this is nearly 100 chapters ago we see her daily routine is sloughing away for the Shinomiyas, going to bed after 12 am and getting up at 5 am. Now end it with her peacefully sleeping past 7 am and having dreams about her future, and they come true. :D

PS: I spy B-Komachi in the 1st page

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States

Mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I like that Ishigami completed his promise to Kaguya, is excelling with tech, and of course seeing the hard-core IshiMiko shippers rage :lmao . On the other hand, not big on the cycle repeating, IshiMiko is different from KaguPrez and it's been made clear in the series. Many are hoping for a spinoff, but I just don't think their dynamic measures up to KaguPrez, tho I probably would still read it.

Haya looks so good:

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Honestly, great final chap for Chika. She finally got Kaguya to say 'I love you' to her. Today's battle: Chika Fujiwara's win.

Also, a sumo wrestler LMAO 😂

Lastly, the final explanation from our dear narrator :crying7

Penultimate chapter

Even though I like the Miyuki-Mikado dynamic, can't lie I was initally speedreading, hoping there would be a Miyuki-Kaguya moment. On reread, it was good to hear from Miyuki, similar to how you see in movies, a major character speaking of the growth of others and lessons learned. And topping it off with his competitive drive was great, and then one-upped by Kaguya setting up the finale.

Last edited:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Final Chapter!

Graduation finale. There was speculation of a wedding in the community, but this feels right. Most of the big events and personal growth happened at Shuchiin, as shown by some of the images like the lake where Miyuki fell in love, so it's appropriate to close it out here. The surprise for Miyuki by Kaguya mirrors Miyuki's surprise at the Cultural Festival👌. Lots of great images, the double spread congratulations, Kaguya turning to see Miyuki, her holding the diploma, 'lets graduate together', the 'How Cute' panel, and the color panels signifying the end of an era and them walking to the next chapters of their life.

PS: Papagane I kneel :worship

And now, closing thoughts:

I'm definitely sad to see it go, but also want to celebrate for what it is. Kaguya-sama is one of my favorite series ever, my most enjoyable binge-read, and imo, cemented itself as the top of its genre. I'm super big on comedy, and Kaguya-sama has very few peers in this regard (Grand Blue), hitting all the right notes for me personally. The meta references, shitposts, and simply being able to relate to many of the jokes. Aka knows his audience. The cast and character writing is top-tier. Miyuki is one of best romcom MCs you'll ever find, Kaguya not just in romcom, but overall is a top-tier female MC and on my shortlist for favorite, Chika is chaos incarnate, without peer in comic relief, and Ishigami is beloved by the masses, love to see many invested in him. The supporting group too. Hayasaka is Best Girl is a phrase echoed in the community, Papagane transcends reality, Maki has the masses praying for her happiness, and Kei is one of the best imouto-types you'll see.

Aka also for the most part delivers on peak moments too, that hit all the right emotional notes. The fireworks, Ishigami's past and relay, Kaguya's stuco photo, Cultural festival confession, IceKaguya, Kaguya-Hayasaka, Ishigami suffering rejection, ABCDE Sex, Chika happy for Kaguya's relationship, and moonlight confession. I also very much appreciate Aka giving many characters final sendoffs. I did say most because just like all series, Kauya does have misses. Weirdly enough, this happened after Aka took a month hiatus. Before that, I'd have given the 227 chaps or so a perfect 10. But after that, we got the Osaragi saga (weakest in the series), Shinomiya arc(which I covered before in the thread), IshiMiko finale, and some things that were promised by Aka and not delivered (ie Freshman year summer and training chaps). Though now with the spin-off news, the fandom copium worked lol, I'm not overly upset about his promises, he can take some time off, recharge and give us those events :).

And with that, I give the series an overall 9/10, and would recommend it to anyone. Gonna have to do full reread in the future when I get time, an relive it again. Until then, I'm gonna look forward to the IceKaguya Movie, Aka putting his full focus on OnK, and his new oneshot next year. Goodbye Kaguya-sama, it was a special ride! :D

Lastly, a trip down memory lane from the Official Fanbook

The End

Last edited:

yutu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I admittedly hoped for a sequel with ino and ishigami

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Finally got round to reading the final chapter. That was a pretty neat wrap up. :amuse

In hindsight I feel like this manga should have ended a bit sooner though :hmm Some of the arcs after the cultural festival arc were unnecessary imo, like the whole Hayasaka being a secret spy thing, and the Throne wars in Kaguya's family. At its heart, this manga is a romcom, so when it tackles overly serious themes it just came out as forced and weird.

The past 10 or so chapters have felt closer to what this manga is about, was nice for it to go back to its roots. Also the graduation ending reminded me of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou so much, that was a massive nostalgia rush :p

Final rating: 7-7.5/10.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not the same without Kaguya-sama. I don't know what can fill the hole it left. 😢

Message from Aka:

"Kaguya-sama: Love Is War" has been serialised with the support of many people for seven and a half years. The weekly serialisation didn't go nearly as well as I'd imagined, and there were a lot of areas where I realised I was ineffective as a mangaka. On the other hand, there were many sweet memories, and I can look back now and think I was able to bring the people around me a bit of happiness too.

For seven and a half years, thank you.

Regarding my activities from now on, I'm thinking of retiring from being the mangaka known as Akasaka with the end of this work. Even though I say retirement, my activities as a "mangaka who draws" will end for the time being. From now on, I will devote myself to manufacturing stories, and think I'd like to remain an original writer. As for art, I plan to continue it leisurely as a hobby.

Lastly, even though I say it ended, there's still something big that Kaguya-sama leaves out. As for that, I'm working hard so I can deliver it in the best possible form for everyone. I'm trying not to make it superfluous, so be patient, and I'd be happy if you can look forward to it at least a little.

Also, G3ida-sensei: Thank you very much for running alongside us for four long years. It was reassuring and encouraging. Ida-sensei herself is brimming with talent, so I would be happy if everyone could support her from now on. And so, the manga "Kaguya-sama: Love Is War" is completely finished. Truly, thank you so much.

This was Aka Akasaka"

Thank you sensei :crying7

And he's retiring from drawing. While not one who'd I have in my top list for his drawing abiltiies. He had a good style(eyes and hair especially), paneling, and timing.

Extra booklet cover:

Tibitis from the booklet :

1) After the balloon she got from Shirogane during the Culture Festival went flat, at Hayasaka’s suggestion, she flattened it and preserved it in a frame. She was sad when the balloon went flat, but Hayasaka’s suggestion greatly lifted her mood.

2) Toyomi Fujiwara was the person who brought out Shirogane’s studying habits. Toyomi showed up as a middle schooler back when young Shirogane was having trouble studying. The bond between Shirogane and the Fujiwara family (training) started in that moment.

3) In chapter 4, Kaguya actually realized that Go was not the only game with a 19 x 19 board. Kaguya and Fujiwara bonded in middle school over a shogi game, and in the chapter she purposely picked Go instead of shogi.

4) Ishigami doodled a random character as a young kid, “The Little Chicken”. His family turned this character into a product somewhat as a joke, but the character got extremely popular to the point of getting a movie release. The character was shown in the chapter with Fujiwara and the movie tickets.

5) Miko has 17 Twitter subaccounts. She uses them for hobbies, merch swaps, stalking friends, leaving threatening likes on tweets where her oshi interacts with other girls, and so on. Scary.

6) The character in Tale of the Bamboo Cutter after whom Hayasaka is named is Tsukino Ihakasa. There are other characters with Bamboo Cutter counterparts as well.

I'm gonna look forward to the IceKaguya Movie
Teaser

Kaguya-sama x Oshi no Ko special:

Here it is, volumes 27 + 28 combined:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States

Final character bios. Some of this stuff is hilarious: Kei bullying Papagane, Maki going to Stanford too, Hayasaka becoming a neet after traveling, and Chika didn't get one lol. Kaguya's bio :D

Kaguya-sama Official Fanbook Cover and Tributes. With the sheer number, you could tell the series really made it's mark, love to see it. Kaguya-sama in a class of its own. The final side-stories will come next year, the Zaibatsu translation team will start working on it mid-January

Hiro Yuki-Aho girl

Mengo Yokoyari-Scums Wish,Oshi no Ko

Kentaro Yabuki-Black Cat,To love Ru

Miki Yoshikawa-Couple of Cuckooks

Naoshi Komi-Nisekoi

Nenet Yukimori-Kubo wont let me be invisible

katsura masakazu-Wing man,Shadow lady

Norio Sakura-The dangers in my heart

Shiromanta-My senpai is annoying

Hiroyuki Nishimori-Cheeky Angel Interview

Tsubasa Udo

Taishi Tsutsui-We never learn

Takuya Uchida-Dokan to Hanabi

AoiKujira

Yukiko Nazowa-100 grildfriends(artist)

rikito Nakamura-100 girlfriends

Fujita-Watakoi

Namo-The Coppersmith's bride

Kenjiro Hata-Fly me to the Moon

Dorisan

Youske Kanaeda-Boarding School Juliet

Shuhei Miyazaki- Me and Roboco

Koya Okada

Forbbiden shubikawa-Snack and Basue

Hekiru Hiwa-Pani Poni

Future version of final 2 volume covers. Adult Maki looking mighty fine.

Ok there was a mistake from this, Chika did get a final bio. Smh on the omission

Ishigami Short Story

Ishigami and Kaguya part :super

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eating good on April 27th. This was a pleasant surprise because I thought it was gonna be one-shot coming out. Though the illustrator is different from the one who won the tournament so maybe a one-shot is coming too? Anywho, Weekly Young Jump stays winning.