Character - Kaidoh's strength | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Kaidoh's strength

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Kaidoh's strenght

No, Inui pretty much sealed that off..you'd have to piss him off to do it.

Even Akaya needed someone to insult him for it to happen..can you really picture Tezuka making fun of Kaido.

He does have a little fun side to him, i remember what him and the third years did to Momo,Kaido and Echizen before he went to Kyushu.

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Kaidoh could get pissed off at losing 5-0 to Tezuka, or maybe Tezuka would insult him on purpose because he wanted him to be as strong as possible when facing him. Something like that.

And yeah, I remember that. Tezuka is human, though he would like others to believe otherwise. He has a sense of humor.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Like i said, his dad and grandfather are in the police force, expecting anything else from his personality is futile.

He has shown shades of a true personality...Remember this ( http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/83/13/ )he told off one of his senpai and shitted on Seigaku before Yamamoto and Oishi convinced him otherwise, and loves embarrassing people...when Chitose makes his predictions he simple adds one number to it making everyone go wtf, He embarrasses Eishiro as well. The same with Atobe..purposely taking Atobe's bait for a long match.

I think his Stoic personality is part of his gameplan, the same with Atobe, im positive the whole "Ore da!!" thing is designed to rile the opponent up.

Last edited:

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Hmmm, well I reread the finals match with Kaidou.

To me it's pretty clear from that match that Kaidou is at least better than Devil Akaya. Kaidou's gyro laser is considered to be faster than Yagyuu's laser and his Tornado Snake has a great deal of variation on it depending on the angle he hits it at. Another thing is that Kaidou also has all of Momo's moves (ala the shitenhouji doubles match when they wore maskes).

The whole point in the match with Akaya/Renji was that Kaidou was better than Akaya. But, once he went into Devil Mode, he focused only on the weakest link, Inui.

I would say Kaidou's official strength should be on the same level with the lower tier Rikkai players at the very least.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
We can't say that Kaidoh is better than Kirihara judging from a doubles match. Firstly, Kaidoh did nothing in his devil mode, so we have nothing to go with. Also, had it been a singles match, Akaya wouldn't have been hitting Inui to get Kaidoh pissed, so no devil mode for Kaidoh.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kaidoh would've got seriously pissed off, you can almost imagine a single match between them though.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Kaidoh is pretty strong. He's at least on the level of Kirihara, in my opinion. I really think that he would have won in a Singles match. It was just Inui getting decimated that caused them to lose.

His true potential still needs to be explored, however.

Tezuka smiled in the last chapter, Inui recorded it.
And no emotions don't mean boring character. If you read Naruto, think about Itachi, or Aizen in Bleach...
Those are two of the most boring characters ever, so that wasn't a great point.

I used to think Tezuka was boring. But I really came around on him after his flashback arc, and his last few matches in the series. I think there's a lot of depth to Tezuka that became more apparent during the Nationals.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly think Kirihara would waste Kaidoh in a singles match. Kirihara grows as fast as Fuji does.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly think Kirihara would waste Kaidoh in a singles match. Kirihara grows as fast as Fuji does.
Based on their levels during the Finals, Kaidoh would win. Kirihara probably has a higher ceiling, but if we're just looking at what they've done so far, Kaidoh has a head up on Kirihara right now.

He does grow very quickly, so this may change soon, but we can't really base things on how much a character grows.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kirihara has Muga, remember. If he master it, he could be really (even more) though.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kirihara seems to have abandoned his Muga development.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Keyword, never said he did but he played 2 matches (that were shown) and there was no muga in any of them.
We didn´t see all the Akaya VS Krauser match.
And about the final, one important thing:
WE HAVE NEVER SEEN MUGA IN DOUBLES. Maybe it's impossible (we know that Saiki doesn´t work). That is the one of the facts that makes doubles so interesting (and why I was dissapointed with the loose of Oishi, the best doubles player)

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Maybe we will have Oshitari+Fuji in doubles now, so that we can have two broken Higuma Otoshis.

Seriously, that technique is POT's bitch. Everyone and their mother can use it, and everyone and their dog can break it.

As for doubles, I'm really hoping we get to see Tezuka/Atobe playing doubles. I can't imagine them doing that. WHICH IS WHY IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

But as for a doubles player that substitutes Oishi, I guess the only alternative is Ootori.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Maybe we will have Oshitari+Fuji in doubles now, so that we can have two broken Higuma Otoshis.

Seriously, that technique is POT's bitch. Everyone and their mother can use it, and everyone and their dog can break it.

As for doubles, I'm really hoping we get to see Tezuka/Atobe playing doubles. I can't imagine them doing that. WHICH IS WHY IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

But as for a doubles player that substitutes Oishi, I guess the only alternative is Ootori.
Ootori doesn´t control the rhytm of the match as Oishi does. Jackal or Bunta (with his three amazing shots) maybe can control it as well.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ootori doesn´t control the rhytm of the match as Oishi does. Jackal or Bunta (with his three amazing shots) maybe can control it as well.
The only other character I remember being able to control the rhythm of the match like Oishi was Kaneda from St. Rudolph. But his actual abilities weren't very strong.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ootari doesn't control the rhythm but he can easily turn it around.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ootari doesn't control the rhythm but he can easily turn it around.
What I can not understand it's how he so bad in singles with that amazing serve. He would have the Tie-Break almost assured (like Tanishi, for example, the only player who played a tie-break VS Ryoma with Atobe exception)

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Players with big serve in real life don't always win matches - that's all Ootori has, a big serve. He has scud return in the DS game though ^^